Lou Lamoriello is making a real old school statement and sending a message to the league

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
He's got that Vince Lombardi vibe to him. When he was named GM of the Isles, It's almost like the players immediately checked their social media to make sure it was clean, made sure they had their suits steamed, got a hair cut and shave. People laugh at that stuff, but it builds uniformity that no one is better than anyone else. Everyone is equal and you can see this translates to the ice. The Isles play as a team. 1 through 24, even the practice squad. They are all part of the family.
Respect sire. You know bout life and ice hockey. Lou Level.
These are greatly mentioned reasons on all of this. Dubas for example doesn't have culture at all. Uh, maybe doll culture. He has dolls playing. Lou doesn't.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Barry Trotz is a one of the Top 5 winningest coaches of all time. He won multiple presidents trophy’s and a Stanley cup with the caps and look at them since he left. What about him being one of the best coaches in History is false? You must be one of those guys mad that the isles play defense and don’t allow teams to score many goals. Not exciting enough for you?

So how do we define this. Top 10? Top 15?

My top 10 in no particular order:

Bowman
Irvin
Imlach
Sather
Arbour
Shero
Blake
Quinn
Adams
Quenneville (Keenan close behind)

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Respect sire. You know bout life and ice hockey. Lou Level.
These are greatly mentioned reasons on all of this. Dubas for example doesn't have culture at all. Uh, maybe doll culture. He has dolls playing. Lou doesn't.
I like your writing style, and you can call me Soldier. No sir or sire.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
So how do we define this. Top 10? Top 15?

My top 10 in no particular order:

Bowman
Irvin
Imlach
Sather
Arbour
Shero
Blake
Quinn
Adams
Quenneville (Keenan close behind)

Looks like you just looked up list of NHL coaches so you could make a top10.

I don’t want to take anything away from the old coaches like Irvin,Imlach, land Adams but it was a lot different when there was only 6 teams. I mean Blake had those Dynasties with the Habs so that’s understandable. Why not have Hap Day or Art Ross on there?

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I mean how much respect can we all have for this great ice hockey man. The godfather in hockey. Everybody knows the Lou, but not all are right now noticing how Lou is making a real statement and sending a message to the NHL. The whole world really. He is right now builded his team just the old school way, the way he won stanley cups and nothing, nothing has changed sire. Nothing, the sport is still pure and the same. Lou keeps it real and shows that Dubas for example in toronto is not doing it right. Toronto made Lou leave the state as he made the real turn in toronto and showed how they can be a winning team again. Lou, the old great was apparentily not enough for toronto as they went the young route. The wrong route. Now toronto has dolls playing, not real men like Lou. Lou took his souljas with him. Matt Martin again and Komarov with him. Now he is advancing in the playoffs and prevailing real hard.

Look how Lou does it. Gets the best coach available. A real winner in Trotz, Barry. And makes his fourth line the goon line that can play the game too. Matt Martin - Cizikas - Clutterbuck is one of the hardest lines in todays game and they still KEEP WINNING in the playoffs and giving a chance at the stanley cup. Lou knows this. Toronto for example (I'm a fan of the maple leafs) is not doing anything with its dolls. Soft and tender.
Toronto didn't want winners like Martin and Komarov cheap, but only doll millionares who can't win. Anythang. Lou left toronto, and still played his chess hard. Took his cheap souljas with him, whom he knew they could win with. Dubas didn't know anything about anything real in ice hockey. I'ma toronto maple leafs die hard fan. Lou send a message to toronto. He's not to be dirted with. Lou does what he wants, others do what they can.

Lou builds it 1995 way. The dirty third line is Pageau and Leo Komarov. That's so hard and nice. They don't have to have players like tavares so they can win. Lou knows this. He builds it the correct way. Others should just learn and take notes off the smoke. Lou, you have done it again and gain so much of my respect and applause :clap: You did it again paps. You are the realest ice hockey man in the world sire. You send the message to the world and league: You don't have to doll that thang up. Just get stoners and workers like Komarov, Martin, Cizikas and Clutterbuck cheap and make a team. The game ain't changed. Neither is the greatest winner after Claude Lemieux and with Claude Lemieux: Named Lou Lamoriello. Big props here :clap: You send the message to everybody. You can still build it hard and heavy. Still prevail and move on. Stanley cup is now possible again. Learn bout life. I love life. :heart:
I think he could have built the team he wanted without the crippling contracts. But indeed, he is making a strong point. Let’s see how far the Isles go, though. This feels verrrrry premature. And a bit heady.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
By the way imagine the Isles with Parise right now? Seems like an excellent compliment for Barzal
The real question is, where do you put Parise? He’s an expensive guy for the 3rd line.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Personally think he is overrated and during his time he has done as much bad than good for the NHL. He was one of the architects of the dead-puck era in the NHL, some of the most boring hockey to watch. He also was one of the abusers, in spirit if not in writing, of the salary cap. Meh.

Reactions: Merrrlin

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Personally think he is overrated and during his time he has done as much bad than good for the NHL. He was one of the architects of the dead-puck era in the NHL, some of the most boring hockey to watch. He also was one of the abusers, in spirit if not in writing, of the salary cap. Meh.
When Lou arrives, his team gets better. When Lou leaves, that team falls off a cliff.

Reactions: Coachcorner

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Lou is overrated, but bringing on Trotz was an incredible move. I may not enjoy watching their brand of hockey, but damn it wins games.

Snow is panned by basically everyone, but isn't 95% of the teams DNA still leftover from Snow? Barzal, Pelech, Beauvillier, Eberle, Bailey, etc. I wonder how different his legacy would look if he had been a better evaluator of coaches.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If sweet Lou can pull it off (managing the cap) Parise would look good next to Barzal. Parise is still a forechecking hound with speed and skill that has a motor who can skate with Barzal
Yeah he would be a nice fit, one thing I forgot to mention about Lou Lamoriello, is he is very convincing making players disappear, Andrew Ladd a gift from Garth Snow may need a Lou push to go to Robidas Island. If he can do this, that's another checkmark in the Lou GM play book. It's not like Lou inherited a 100+ pt team with a tonne of cap space to begin with. He had to make it work with what he had. Thus far since taking over the Isles, he has.

Reactions: Coachcorner

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I'd like to know the details of this "message". Was it an anonymous email that contained threats? Was it a voicemail that involved heavy breathing? Was it an old fashioned letter that still uses indentation?

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Hopefully we win the Cup because man, this offseason's going to be a rough one. Barzal, Pulock, Toews needing new deals with a bunch of contracts he inherited that are just unmoveable.

Til then I'll enjoy playoff hockey. Lets go Islanders!!!!

Maybe he'll do like on Toronto and leave if things get too messy ;)

Trotz is a really good coach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad