GDT: Lost in Translation - CGY v. DET

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Yeah, pretty neat. I was worried they'd do some typical **** like instantly turning down the mic's.

It's probably only possible with a few coaches, too. Imagine Quenneville's timeouts:

"Alright guys, ****ing balls to the wall here, no *****footing around. ****ing get the ****ing puck and ****ing get some ****ing shots here."

Haha too true. Would have loved to hear Eakins on a timeout. The pauses while he fixes his hair and just yells swarm would have been amusing.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
FSD showed a clear replay. Even from relatively high up, it was clear that there was ice between the puck and the line. It was the proper call, and rightly so: the linesman was five feet away.

It was infuriating that they didn't show a closeup on the Flames' stream. The only angle that they showed really looked like the puck was in, so hopefully you can understand Flames fans' reaction.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Show me this "FSD" replay, otherwise, it wasn't offside. Giordano kept it in.

It was out. Even with my ****** 360p stream you could see like half the puck crossed the blue line in real time. Clearly out with Fox's slowmo

Some serious homering going on

SlavaKozlov

Feb 16, 2003
Akron, OH
Visit site
It was infuriating that they didn't show a closeup on the Flames' stream. The only angle that they showed really looked like the puck was in, so hopefully you can understand Flames fans' reaction.

I have Gamecenter, I watched the game on the Detroit feed, and decided to check out the feed from Calgary to see how the replays compared, and they both showed the same angle, the Detroit feed didn't show it any closer or more clear than what you saw. It was very close, hard to tell on TV, but you have to give the linesman the benefit of doubt there, he was staring at the puck to make that call and it is his job... calls like that happen. If it was offside, it was barely over the line, and if it was onside, it was kept in just before the puck completely crossed the line. Not easy to make those call from the ice in real time.

But Mrazek also gave up on the play when he heard a whistle well before the puck went into the net, IMO. Looked like he wasn't ready for the shot because he heard the whistle for the offside and was surprised to see the puck coming at him when it went in the net, so even if they didn't call it offside, Mrazek might have made the save had there not been a whistle.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
I have Gamecenter, I watched the game on the Detroit feed, and decided to check out the feed from Calgary to see how the replays compared, and they both showed the same angle, the Detroit feed didn't show it any closer or more clear than what you saw. It was very close, hard to tell on TV, but you have to give the linesman the benefit of doubt there, he was staring at the puck to make that call and it is his job... calls like that happen. If it was offside, it was barely over the line, and if it was onside, it was kept in just before the puck completely crossed the line. Not easy to make those call from the ice in real time.

But Mrazek also gave up on the play when he heard a whistle well before the puck went into the net, IMO. Looked like he wasn't ready for the shot because he heard the whistle for the offside and was surprised to see the puck coming at him when it went in the net, so even if they didn't call it offside, Mrazek might have made the save had there not been a whistle.

Definitely.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

Its true that if the whistle doesn't go Mrazek probably makes the save.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA

I could be wrong, but they didn't show any angle for us.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Why was there no call for delay of game earlier (question mark) I was at the game and from the one replay they showed it seemed conclusive that the puck went straight out, did you guys see other angles(question mark)

EVIL É OF DOOM... Shift tab not working

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Why was there no call for delay of game earlier (question mark) I was at the game and from the one replay they showed it seemed conclusive that the puck went straight out, did you guys see other angles(question mark)

EVIL É OF DOOM... Shift tab not working

The only replay I saw on the broadcast, the puck left the frame before it hit either glass or netting.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The only replay I saw on the broadcast, the puck left the frame before it hit either glass or netting.

There was no sound of it hitting the glass and it was not touched by a flame the replay looked like it went straight out as well

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
That game was in desperate need of some Hudler.

I don't blame the refs... but they sure had a crappy game. That delay of game was the only blown call. 5-on-3 would have been GREAT! I was sitting 3rd row in the 2nd balcony right on the blue line and to me it looked in, though it was on it's side so I can see how it could look out. I really doubt it would have resulted in a goal, but the timing of it and the fact that the shot after the whistle DID go in just made the refs look completely against us.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Also, if he's out for a bit, who's going to back up Hiller? Ortio?
Yeah, but I would recall Thiessen for a week or so during the AHL all-star weekend so Orts can participate in the game. I think it would be a nice gesture. Of course give him the choice

May 27, 2012
Earth
I missed the game last night. Fell asleep and 8pm est. Usually doesn't happen. Anyways, kind of stupid play by Ramo. Oh well, nothing can be done now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad