Post-Game Talk: Loss

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
A team that just fired their coach and lost to Michael Leighton a few days ago just dominated the Wings. Lol.

That team that's been underachieving and had 100 pts last year?

You can spin that a couple different ways if you wanna.

korrowan

Sponsor
Feb 8, 2011
We keep forgetting he is rookie somehow. :rolleyes:

I haven't played a minute of hockey but even I know you don't dump the puck to change on 3v3 for any reason. Starting with what occurred followed by you should NEVER give up possession during 3v3. Rookie or not that shows his hockey IQ is obviously low. That may be the dumbest play of the year by anyone and that is on a team full of dumb plays. That is even worse than Otts dumb penalties all over the place.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Sproul with the worst 3 on 3 play I have ever seen. That was probably the single worst play by a Red Wing in 20 years.

You must be new. Remember the playoff game vs the predators where everyone and the goalie left the net open.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Yeah actually an awful play by Sproul there.

But we looked awful for 40-50 minutes of regulation. Stole a point on a coach's challenge.

Mantha is a beast and could have had 2-3 assists. Larkin/Vanek/Nyquist were also good.
Team absolutely stinks against Florida though.

Awful in the way they always put themselves behind the 8 ball with bad penalties, but they hung in there. It was ugly, but it was better than they looked to begin the season. I'll take what progress I can get.

Also, would love to see fewer injuries. At some point I sorta wish we could bring in some more serious bangers just to once in awhile inflict more damage than we seem to take.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Wings need some healthy forwards to come back so they can scratch Tatar. He's worse than useless, he's a liability. Man I miss Helm!

Any word on Abby?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Sproul's gonna do that stuff from time to time. Especially in his rookie season. He also makes several great offensive plays every game.

Not even mad. Didn't tune in til the 3rd, but seems like we were lucky to even make it to overtime. Although Luongo made a sweet save on Vanek's re-direct.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
That team that's been underachieving and had 100 pts last year?

You can spin that a couple different ways if you wanna.
Florida's also had our number since back when we had a stacked lineup and they were terrible. We just can't beat them, and if we do it's by getting lucky.

Zetterberg had to roof it. What a pitiful shot.
Puck was bouncing a bit but yes.

I haven't played a minute of hockey but even I know you don't dump the puck to change on 3v3 for any reason. Starting with what occurred followed by you should NEVER give up possession during 3v3. Rookie or not that shows his hockey IQ is obviously low. That may be the dumbest play of the year by anyone and that is on a team full of dumb plays. That is even worse than Otts dumb penalties all over the place.
3-on-3 makes every play look worse than it actually is. If another Wing player was covering the guy going on the breakaway it's a nothing play. If his hockey IQ was bad he wouldn't look so good in actual 5-on-5 hockey. It was a rookie mistake by a guy who hasn't played a ton of NHL 3-on-3 in his days.

Also, would love to see fewer injuries. At some point I sorta wish we could bring in some more serious bangers just to once in awhile inflict more damage than we seem to take.
Abby got hurt laying a hit on someone. Smith/AA were fluke plays. Most of our injuries aren't really helped by having more bangers in the lineup. Injuries always happen.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Fire Trashill just look at the ice time. Hire Gerard Gallant he cant do any worse than Trashill at this point.
and give Sproul a break it was a rookie mistake.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
What an awful game losing play by Sproul at the end. Instead of turning around and maintaining possession, he dumps it in to a guy who passes it to Barkov on the breakaway.

3 on 3 is totally different game , just rocky mistake

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Sproul with the worst 3 on 3 play I have ever seen. That was probably the single worst play by a Red Wing in 20 years.

Have you watched Brendan Smith play? Sproul's play was terrible but worst in 20.years common it wasn't even the worst this year.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
Florida could've played the entire game shorthanded and still won. Normally, the Wings can't beat the Panthers anyways and add the fact that this team sucks ass and the result is clear. Surprised they even got to OT when they weren't even able to leave their own zone during that 4-on-4 at the end of the 3rd (you know, when there wasn't even a Panther player forechecking).

Last edited by a moderator:

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Mantha can skate and Vanek should get award for the best slow skater in the game

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Have you watched Brendan Smith play? Sproul's play was terrible but worst in 20.years common it wasn't even the worst this year.
Probably wasn't even the worst of the game. Tatar holding the puck in his hand for about 10 seconds was pretty bad.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Wings need some healthy forwards to come back so they can scratch Tatar. He's worse than useless, he's a liability. Man I miss Helm!

Yeah, when Luke Glendening is matching you point for point while playing 4 minutes less per game... man. Is Miller injured or something? At least he can PK.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yeah, when Luke Glendening is matching you point for point while playing 4 minutes less per game... man. Is Miller injured or something? At least he can PK.

Trade Tatar for second rounder and bring up Nosek

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Florida's also had our number since back when we had a stacked lineup and they were terrible. We just can't beat them, and if we do it's by getting lucky.

Puck was bouncing a bit but yes.

3-on-3 makes every play look worse than it actually is. If another Wing player was covering the guy going on the breakaway it's a nothing play. If his hockey IQ was bad he wouldn't look so good in actual 5-on-5 hockey. It was a rookie mistake by a guy who hasn't played a ton of NHL 3-on-3 in his days.

Abby got hurt laying a hit on someone. Smith/AA were fluke plays. Most of our injuries aren't really helped by having more bangers in the lineup. Injuries always happen.

Guys like Abby playing on scoring lines don't need to inflict punishment as much with more bruisers in the lineup though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad