Post-Game Talk: Loss. - WCQF Game 1: Dallas Stars @ Nashville Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
im just ready to get bounced in 6 games like I've called so these bunch of hacks can have some changes done to it. changes that should have been done last summer but the team said "one more chance". we were flat out dominated at home after the first period. it took being down 2 in the last half of the 3rd period to see any kind of pushback.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
It’s normal to have back and forth throughout games but the Preds basically just became paralyzed for about 35 minutes. They can’t win regular season games like that. Definitely can’t win playoff games like that. The valleys can’t be so low.

Reactions: bdub24

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Welp. Learn something and let's go take the next 4. Make some new history. These guys aren't worth the angst (and not gonna give Ducks, Blues and Jets fans the pleasure!).

Reactions: bdub24

You

Jul 1, 2010
Irwin in my memory of his two games there would be maybe the 6th best forward on our roster? Smith is useless in the playoffs, Turris is Turrible, Granlund must be protesting something, I'm not sure Jarnkrok has registered a point in 2019. If Grimaldi is even 50% he should be in there too.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
Seems like every player we trade for gets worse when they come to the Preds. I'm pretty convinced it's our system that's the issue and it's been figured out by other teams.
There is little doubt there is a problem with Lavi's system right now. It's looked out of sync for most of the past 65 games. And the PP, whelp nothing needs to said.

Both goals were two great individual efforts (almost had a 3rd one by Arvy). The system produced nothing all night long.

Reactions: Scoresberg

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
How in the hell is Granlund a two time 60 point getter. The guy is basically nonexistent every time he's on the ice. I get Turris is bad and he's stuck playing with him, but he is just so unimpressive.

He has been very impressive in my viewings of him the last few seasons. However, you are absolutely right. It hasn’t worked here for him....yet. He should be contributing no matter what the situation but being on the dumpster fire that is the second line doesn’t help.

Good news he has another year on his contract. Gives him time to come around.

Bad news is he has another year on his contract if he doesn’t come around.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
There is little doubt there is a problem with Lavi's system right now. It's looked out of sync for most of the past 65 games. And the PP, whelp nothing needs to said.

Both goals were two great individual efforts (almost had a 3rd one by Arvy). The system produced nothing all night long.
I don't know that we currently have a system outside of the D having free reign to jump in the offense. Lavy's first year there was a clear design to saturate the goalie with shots from all angles and positions. Until other teams just let us take those low percentage shots it caused a lot of frantic chasing and movement which created space for cuts and we generated a lot of rebounds. But since then...no clue.

Reactions: Gnashville

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
For Game 2, I would take out several players (like two or three of Turris, Simmonds, Granlund and Jarnkrok) and put in some young players who might be eager to get the chance and won't take most of the game off (like Grimaldi, Gaudreau and Pitlick). It doesn't really matter if they lose some skill in the process. Effort can be more valuable in the playoffs, and they need players who are willing to put up effort before they're down in the game and minutes from losing. If it doesn't work, it was worth a shot and those vets who were scratched might have something to prove in the next game.

Last edited:

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
So bad; really nothing to say. Figuratively did nothing, absolutely nothing, in the 2nd and 3rd periods outside of PK's brilliant goal.

EDIT: Completely agree with Osprey. We need energy right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad