Post-Game Talk: Loss. - WCQF Game 1: Dallas Stars @ Nashville Predators

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
If someone wants to leave an 830-845 puck drop game early then I wouldn’t blame them at all. It’s not like most people knew when they agreed to but these tickets that they’d be playing this game until almost midnight in a Wednesday. I know I get up at 4am most morning. Not sure about the rest of you.

I got up early to watch this one live.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I really wonder if some you actually watch the games or if you just check the stats afterward. Or is it easier to just keep repeating the same tired mantra?

Here's the stats per line:
1st line: 9 shots, 0 points, even
2nd line: 9 shots, 0 points, even
3rd line: 2 shots, 1 point, -3
4th line: 2 shots, 1 point, +3

Turris had 6 of the 2nd lines shots. Looks like it's just easier to repeat the same old tired mantra.

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
I really wonder if some you actually watch the games or if you just check the stats afterward. Or is it easier to just keep repeating the same tired mantra?

Here's the stats per line:
1st line: 9 shots, 0 points, even
2nd line: 9 shots, 0 points, even
3rd line: 2 shots, 1 point, -3
4th line: 2 shots, 1 point, +3

Turris had 6 of the 2nd lines shots. Looks like it's just easier to repeat the same old tired mantra.

Yeesh.

Also how was the 4th line a +3 if we only scored two goals?

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I think they just combined the plus/minus stats for each of the players on the lines to get that number. As a line the 3rd line was a -1 while the 4th line was a +1.

It is worth noting too that the Bonino line was mostly matched up with the 2nd line of Dallas (Hintz centered line) and the Turris line was primarily matched up with the 3rd line of Dallas (Faksa centered line).

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Yeesh.

Also how was the 4th line a +3 if we only scored two goals?

I think they just combined the plus/minus stats for each of the players on the lines to get that number. As a line the 3rd line was a -1 while the 4th line was a +1.

It is worth noting too that the Bonino line was mostly matched up with the 2nd line of Dallas (Hintz centered line) and the Turris line was primarily matched up with the 3rd line of Dallas (Faksa centered line).
Correct, they are all combine stats.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015

Bonino, Watson and Sissons were completely outclassed last night. Hoping it was just a bad game but they struggled with the Stars 2nd line speed.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I got up early to watch this one live.

I’ve done that plenty of times when overseas during playoffs. Specifically remember waking up in middle of the night to watch game 7 of Preds sharks a few years ago. Didn’t take long before I decided to go back to sleep.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Bonino, Watson and Sissons were completely outclassed last night. Hoping it was just a bad game but they struggled with the Stars 2nd line speed.

Definitely agree. I'm not sure that Granlund-Turris-Smith would do too much better defensively though so if they don't pull it together I'm not sure what the best move would be if the Bonino can't get it to together.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I'm over it. That horse is long dead and beaten past recognition. He had a ****ty, injury-derailed season and we just have to hope he bounces back to the player he innately is. He looked good last night, though with nothing to show for it. How JoFA continues to be the darlings they are despite [probably] middle third to bottom half production among top lines and maintaining a lot of possession with nothing to show for it is starting to draw more of my ire now. And the invisible Finn...

I love me some Filip Forsberg but he has been getting a pass for a long time now.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
we should have known it was going to be a bad night when they trotted out Big & Rich to sing the national anthem.. talk about a pathetic performance. man they suck.

and paul managed to screw up announcing them "gender bending"...

game 1 pretty much summed up.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
we should have known it was going to be a bad night when they trotted out Big & Rich to sing the national anthem.. talk about a pathetic performance. man they suck.

I'm not kidding when I saw that anthem I legitimately thought it was a bad sign. Unless its Carrie I'd be totally fine with the lady with the pipes singing every anthem. I don't remember her name but she's really good. The celebrity stunt has worn thin.

edit: I think her name is Keesha Rainey

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
What a great game! Preds totally dominated the Stars! The game went by so fast, it seemed like they only played for 20 minutes!

:eyeroll::shakehead:(:thumbd:

Once again our defense had to score because our forwards can't. Although, those two goals were as pretty as any forward will score!

I was really excited and encouraged by the first period. Too bad the game is 60 minutes. I just don't get this team. Every opportunity is there for them and they just won't take it.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN

I also blame Paradise Park being closed. The first home game of the playoffs was always packed and everyone would be excited and having fun. On Wednesday aj's was half empty and boring.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
we need to go ahead and get a volunteer for the GDT for game 2. it will be posted on the main board and we make ourselves look weak as hell when it's noon and no GDT is posted yet.

i started game 1 and we lost. therefore, i am DQ-ed from starting the next one. we are gonna need all the mojo, reverse mojo, negative mojo, the whole nine if we have any hope of winning this series.

@Jonesey can always add/edit threads with graphics and such as so can a few more.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Part of me wonders just how much of a mistake McCann's introduction was... I thought it was hilarious, B&R are awful

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
let's hope laviolette doesn't get owned in matchups again, at home at that.

I'm not sure how Laviolette should match the lines up any differently. The Sissons-Bonino-Watson line had been great as a shutdown line in the last couple games before the playoffs and in the playoffs last season. That matchup then gives the 2nd line a far superior matchup and can hopefully get the offense going. I'd give the Bonino line a chance to rebound and if they are getting burned again then switch them up.

Last edited:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I'm not sure how Laviolette should match the lines up any differently. The Sissons-Bonino-Watson line had been great as a shutdown line in the last couple games in the playoffs and in the playoffs last season. That matchup then gives the 2nd line a far superior matchup and can hopefully get the offense going. I'd give the Bonino line a chance to rebound and if they are getting burned again then switch them up.
bonino's line doesn't have the speed. hintz had about 6 SOG by the 3rd.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
bonino's line doesn't have the speed. hintz had about 6 SOG by the 3rd.

They were effective in shutting down Rantanen-MacKinnon-Landeskog line in the playoffs last season though so they've shown they can stop lines that have speed. I'm not ready to completely scrap the idea of using that line as a shutdown line because of one bad game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->