Post-Game Talk: | Loss | Series 3-2 Pens | Tough one, hope Sid is okay

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What I find fascinating about this board is that so many posters are from all across the country (world). I always wonder how did everyone become fans.

Like I'm the born and raised in Pittsburgh, moved away as an adult but if you know the culture it's literally ingrained in me to only root for Pittsburgh sports. I have no alternatives basically married til death do us part.
Mario Lemieux.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
What I find fascinating about this board is that so many posters are from all across the country (world). I always wonder how did everyone become fans.

Like I'm the born and raised in Pittsburgh, moved away as an adult but if you know the culture it's literally ingrained in me to only root for Pittsburgh sports. I have no alternatives basically married til death do us part.

I grew up here too and rooted for all the teams. Even when I moved away, it was ingrained way too deeply. Hell I grew up rooting for Pitt and my Rorscach test has been when they play my alma mater. Which has now happened a couple of times. I find myself leaning towards Pitt over them.

I don't think that if I were born in the 2000s it would be as big of a deal though. With the ubiquity of streaming geographic location is meaningless. Versus when I grew up the internet was nascent and the local papers/TV stations were the way you watched your team(s).

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
Mario Lemieux.
Pretty cool. Good on you man for sticking past Mario with the team.

If I quit the Pens I literally cannot feel good rooting for another team. It's a gift and a curse I guess. I've often been envious of people choosing a team (any sport) to root for that they have no homegrown ties to. If that comes off as rude I don't mean it to...

Reactions: 66-30-33

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
If the officials aren't gonna call the game by the rulebook, and the league isn't gonna protect its players--stars or not--then just get rid of the instigator and go back to the Wild West days. f*** it. I'm not some weirdo with a fighting fetish, but if it's gonna keep guys like Trouba from blatantly trying to elbow dudes in the face or drive their heads into the glass from behind, whatever.
Until trouba is jumped and beaten so badly that it ends up a defacto suspension.. he wins .the shetbag rangers win and I don't even like the penguins.. sorry. Saw it destroy our franchise for years w the lucic hit on Miller , sabres 2011. It will create fractures that weren't there .

I'm all for playoff hockey and guys protecting themselves . but it's on your team since game three as trouba cheap shotted him in a pens loss . didn't see the game only the hit.. only your fanbse know thee effectiveness and correlation. . so . If it was let go .

down 3 1 and 2 0 .. facing elimination.. trouba hounds him and guentzel all night w Crosby dangerous check from behind into the boards a head shot off the face off and last a head shot thst sid should have been looking for but, trouba is still skating (and scoring) and your star having a rejuvenated series wobbles off the ice and trouba isn't in traction.. wheres the foil?

Screw sportsmanship if trouba or kucherov or marchsnd etc or many others mostly unchallenged can only injure and w intent instead of intimidating properly by cleanly hitting sid all over the ice . It's a line crossed . . What do you expect your team to do tomorrow..? the scum can't always win this..

I hope sidney crosby is alright and you level trouba til he is whimpering for mama and the your fans grab the ranger coach and out him in the hospital..( prob not) .. Some justice within the pens team, organization within their beliefs and your fans is in order.. forget the league and crying about it and doing nothing is the end of the group cohesion around your stars. ( Hopefully not) . At least it was for us.. good luck to you.. i will be rooting for the rangers demise..

Maybe honor is the hound beat and check everyplayer within rules and give trouba the sid treatment all night in a victory instead of my preferred brawl of the opening faceoff.. kill the early penalty and win the rest.. it's a passion play with no rules other than honor.. apologies if presumptuous but I want trouba and his like reminded , his is not the way . Maybe beat his brother in the stands as further disincentive.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016

from IA. winter 1988, in the AF. dorm roommate was a yinzer. spring rolls around and he asks if I want to go to the bar to watch the Pens game. no, hockey's dumb. "there'll be girls there, I'll buy the beer". OK. 4/25. mario was a god! hextall tried to kill robby brown. I was hooked. when I moved off base, I rented a basement room from a seriously creepy f*** because he had a satellite dish (waaay back in 1989 that was pretty rare in omahaha) and I could watch all the Pens games.

Ive never stepped foot in Pittsburgh

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
winter 1988, in the AF. dorm roommate was a yinzer. spring rolls around and he asks if I want to go to the bar to watch the Pens game. no, hockey's dumb. "there'll be girls there, I'll buy the beer". OK. 4/25. mario was a god! hextall tried to kill robby brown. I was hooked. when I moved off base, I rented a basement room from a seriously creepy f*** because he had a satellite dish (waaay back in 1989 that was pretty rare in omahaha) and I could watch all the Pens games.

How many spring rolls were around? Pork or veggie?

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain

Born and raised in Pittsburgh, been out the country for a decade now. Watching the games is tough with 1AM start-times but hey it's the playoffs man.

Reactions: HandshakeLine
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad