Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Red Wings @ Preds, Game # 59 Are the NWHL players available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I’ll concede it wasn’t the only factor here, but is it too much to ask of your Vezina winning goaltender to do what his inferior counterpart did for two periods before (keep your team in it by not allowing a weak goal)?

Pitiful effort from the skaters in the third no doubt.

I had the same thought when the third goal went in. Then he made several great saves as the third went on and gave the team a chance to stay in it. It was a wash in my book. Team in front of him was smacked in the face in the third.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Subban
Fiala
2019 4th
2019 6th

for

Duchene
Stone

Tolvanen
Hartman

for

Justin Faulk
Carolina 2019 1st
Carolina 2020 3rd

Craig Smith
2019 7th

for

Lucas Sbisa
2020 3rd

Auston Watson

for

2019 4th

2019 4th

for

Brandon Leipsic

Ryan Ellis

for

Will Butcher
2022 2nd

Final result:

Forsberg Johansen Stone
Turris Duchene Arvidsson
Boyle Bonino Jarnkrok
Leipsic Sissons Salomaki
Grimaldi

Josi Faulk
Ekholm Butcher
Sbisa Hamhuis
Weber

Rinne
Saros

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Final result:

Forsberg Johansen Stone
Turris Duchene Arvidsson
Boyle Bonino Jarnkrok
Leipsic Sissons Salomaki
Grimaldi

Josi Faulk
Ekholm Ellis
Sbisa Hamhuis
Weber

Rinne
Saros
That's a scary looking team... don't know much about Ham or Salomaki but the rest? Scary.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
That's a scary looking team... don't know much about Ham or Salomaki but the rest? Scary.

I still have Carolina's 1st and Nashville's 1st to upgrade at the deadline.

The Butcher for Ellis trade is really the only one I'm regretting. I'm hoping to trade Bonino to San Jose for a cap dump come deadline day and then sign EK in the off season. That will help.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
We're no longer the Nashville Predators, we're the Nashville Arvidssons.

The Wings and Canes would murder us in a SCF. Two teams we simply don't want, nor care, to beat.

Do we dare lose four in row Thursday night?

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
Okay so, hopefully, this isn't against the TOS...

After looking over who the #1 team in the league is right now, here are the teams that have beaten them

VAN
MIN
AVS
ARZ (spanked them 7-1) :eek:
NSH x 2 (eh... see????) :nod:
OTT :eek:
BUF
ANA (spanked them) :eek:
WIN
SJS
NYI (5-3, but it was never close) :eek:
TOR
VGK
STL (last week)

And they almost lost to DET in OT... o_O

So, again, I'm new around your part of the league and while I do see some holes, I also see holes on my other favorite team.

When I compare the Preds to other teams I watch, there's hope. I think the add of Stone or Duchene (lean toward Stone first), it takes the scoring pressure off Arvi (Arvy?) and gives an added depth the lines need; also, McLeod needs to stay in the press box.

I remain, hopeful!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
My hope is this is a case of the doldrums. Long ass season, lots if injuries,not a lot of pressure from behind in the standings, not much chance of catching Winnipeg.

These are humans, I can see them maybe having a little bit of "ill play hard but not wear myself out or risk injury" saving themselves for April.

Thats all I can come up with. This same lineup was smoking the whole league the first two months... then the injury bug bit...

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Interview with any Predator "we have to keep it simple". My definition of "keep it simple" When you have the opportunity to shoot - THAN SHOOT, crash the net and look for rebounds, get back and defend. The Pred players definition of "keep it simple" pass, pass, pass. Especially if you think you can get it through 2 or more defenders. Wind up and take a slap shot into the Goalies chest as some day it may go right through his body. Skate slowly so you can watch the opponent for style points. Pekka has had a remarkable career here, but despite all his great saves he sure has brain farts at the most inopportune time.
Every hockey player says the same thing. It means nothing

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
it's crucial. you lose time on the PP. he is on the 1st unit. so shave off 25-30 seconds a PP.

forsberg and arvidsson for all their goal scoring prowess are way to prone to make bad decisions with the puck. maybe thinking offense too much.

honestly, i could just about call out everyone on this team. but i always start with the top. high skilled, leaders, high paid.

josi, rinne, subban, Ellis, forsberg, arvidsson, turris, Johansen.

usually a combination of about 4-5 of those play like ass on any given night. it's not fun to watch.
To Forsberg and Arvi's defense they have to think offense all the time and take chances when you're thought process is WE ARE THE ONLY ONES SCORING. That has to be in their head

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Do you feel Arvidsson is bit underrated in the league? Have not heard a lot about him, but he is insane. 25G in 35 games??

Reactions: predhead1

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Subban
Fiala
2019 4th
2019 6th

for

Duchene
Stone

Tolvanen
Hartman

for

Justin Faulk
Carolina 2019 1st
Carolina 2020 3rd

Craig Smith
2019 7th

for

Lucas Sbisa
2020 3rd

Auston Watson

for

2019 4th

2019 4th

for

Brandon Leipsic

Ryan Ellis

for

Will Butcher
2022 2nd

Final result:

Forsberg Johansen Stone
Turris Duchene Arvidsson
Boyle Bonino Jarnkrok
Leipsic Sissons Salomaki
Grimaldi

Josi Faulk
Ekholm Butcher
Sbisa Hamhuis
Weber

Rinne
Saros

Holy blow up batman.

JGeorge54

Feb 6, 2016
I cant believe we had a wasted winger for the last 10 mins of the game. Rolling 11 forwards instead of 12 is insane. What a waste of a roster spot. *sarcasm*

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I know he can't say anything but if I was Rocco I'd be pretty ticked. He did nothing that deserved to get him sat like that.
No he didn't but he's also not a big impact player either. I've never seen the worth of a role player be exaggerated more than Rocco since we traded for McLeod. Once McLeod played over him you'd have thought we were benching Forsberg. He has like 12 points or something. He's a great guy and I agree he probably deserves a more consistent shot but I don't understand the hero status he's been getting.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
No he didn't but he's also not a big impact player either. I've never seen the worth of a role player be exaggerated more than Rocco since we traded for McLeod. Once McLeod played over him you'd have thought we were benching Forsberg. He has like 12 points or something. He's a great guy and I agree he probably deserves a more consistent shot but I don't understand the hero status he's been getting.
He doesn't deserve to play any less than some of the rest of the guys who have been completely worthless.

Reactions: Scoresberg

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
He doesn't deserve to play any less than some of the rest of the guys who have been completely worthless.
Everyone outside of the top line has been worthless. Im not saying don't play him, I'm just stating the observation that people seem to lose their mind if he doesn't, which makes no sense.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN

His advance stats are pretty decent and he does a great job making space for linemates with speed.

Reactions: Scoresberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad