Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Red Wings @ Preds, Game # 59 Are the NWHL players available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
No he didn't but he's also not a big impact player either. I've never seen the worth of a role player be exaggerated more than Rocco since we traded for McLeod. Once McLeod played over him you'd have thought we were benching Forsberg. He has like 12 points or something. He's a great guy and I agree he probably deserves a more consistent shot but I don't understand the hero status he's been getting.
4g-4a-8p in 37 games with a 6.3 shooting %. I like Rocco, but completely agree.

It's the other side (but same coin) of the fixation on players like Smithson, Yip, Salomaki, Nystrom, McLeod (first time around) being incredibly detrimental to the team.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
i hated smithson more than any predator player ever. he had a face only a mother could love and his stupid pre game skate rituals were annoying to watch knowing how useless that slub was.

nystrom was lucky we gave him the contract we did. set him up for life while being a bad hockey player. gaustad you are welcome too for poile/trotz' generosity and stupidity.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
i hated smithson more than any predator player ever. he had a face only a mother could love and his stupid pre game skate rituals were annoying to watch knowing how useless that slub was.

nystrom was lucky we gave him the contract we did. set him up for life while being a bad hockey player. gaustad you are welcome too for poile/trotz' generosity and stupidity.
Smithson - I didn't like

Nystrom - I was fairly indifferent on him. He was alright. He had a knack for scoring but it didn't offset his flaws. He likes to post on social media about his life living on the beach in LA, and you're right, he can thank us for that.

Gaustad - I liked for awhile but his age showed far too well. Hard to believe he had a GWG in a game 7 though.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
The fascination with Rocco is the same as any other guy that people like and want to do well. The thing is he provides that energy and effort you love to see and compared to the other guys filling that slot he isn't completely useless. People feel like he's earned the right to get to play but isn't always getting too.

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
Subban
Fiala
2019 4th
2019 6th

for

Duchene
Stone

Tolvanen
Hartman

for

Justin Faulk
Carolina 2019 1st
Carolina 2020 3rd

Craig Smith
2019 7th

for

Lucas Sbisa
2020 3rd

Auston Watson

for

2019 4th

2019 4th

for

Brandon Leipsic

Ryan Ellis

for

Will Butcher
2022 2nd

Final result:

Forsberg Johansen Stone
Turris Duchene Arvidsson
Boyle Bonino Jarnkrok
Leipsic Sissons Salomaki
Grimaldi

Josi Faulk
Ekholm Butcher
Sbisa Hamhuis
Weber

Rinne
Saros

Oddly enough the only one i'd be sad to see go would be Smitty. I feel like he gives 100% energy every game.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
So its extremely silly to talk about massive, reshape the team trades midseason.

As frustrated as we all are, the team is in a solid playoff spot and once the playoffs start the fact is if our goalies are on we can win with this lineup and if they arent, we wont win with any lineup.

We've made a couple of depth moves. One more depth move(mid pick for a serviceable defenseman) is likely.

Beyond that, we will see if Poile can add a dynamic offensive player or not.

But wholesale trades moving multiple roster players now just isnt gonna happen

Reactions: LCPreds and bdub24

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
agreed. that would come in the summer.

also do not agree about a mid pick for serviceable defenseman. i have a feeling poile is counting on fabbro to sign. i think it was bob mckenzie that mentioned it.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I used a used Smithson stick for over 5+ years playing beer league hockey. One of the best equipment purchases of my life.

My favorite Smithson memory is when he unexpectedly received the puck in the neutral zone one game. He had a step on everybody but chose to slow down AND WAIT for the defender to catch up. He then dumped the puck deep into the zone and chased it. If that play dorsnt define the Nashville Predators circa 2008 - 2009 I don’t know what does.

Good times.

Reactions: bdub24
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->