Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee

cut.jpg

upload_2018-10-23_9-52-8.png

Fresh off a sweep through the province of Alberta, the Nashville Predators return home tonight with a five-game win streak intact as they host the San Jose Sharks. It's the first of three meetings between the two clubs this season; the Preds will head to the Bay Area two times before the campaign is out.

The Predators are off to one of their best starts in franchise history with a 7-1-0 record. The lone blemish came during their home opener two weeks ago, but since then, they've rattled off five consecutive victories, outscoring their opponents by a combined tally of 20-7 in the process.

With Erik Karlsson and the Sharks in town, the Preds believe tonight's contest may be their toughest test of the young season.

"For me, right now, they're one of the top teams in the League," Predators Head Coach Peter Laviolette said of the Sharks. "Their record is probably not where it should be based on how they've played. They're just a really high-powered team, they have the puck a lot, they're in your end a lot and they're capable of exploding… Looking at the opponent coming in here, it's going to be tough."

It's expected Nashville goaltender Juuse Saros will make consecutive starts for the first time in his NHL career with netminder Pekka Rinne on Injured Reserve and slated to miss at least the next two games. Saros owns a 4-0-0 record already, including a shutout over the Oilers on Saturday.

Last Time Out:

Nashville defeated Edmonton for the 13th consecutive time as they earned a 3-0 win over the Oilers. P.K. Subban scored the first shorthanded goal of his career, while Viktor Arvidsson and Roman Josi also tallied in the win.

Filip Forsberg continues to lead the Preds with five goals and eight points, followed by Ryan Johansenand Mattias Ekholm with identical stat lines (2g-5a). Arvidsson has found the back of the net on four occasions, while Craig Smith has three goals.

The Opposition:
San Jose is 4-3-1 through eight contests this season and has won two straight, including a 4-1 triumph over the Islanders on Saturday. Logan Couture leads the club with five goals and eight points, followed by Evander Kane, Tomas Hertl and Brent Burns, who all have seven points apiece. Martin Jones has gone 3-3-0 in net for the Sharks with a .907 save percentage.

All-Time Meetings:
The Predators are 34-27-(2)-7 all-time against the Sharks, including a 21-11-(1)-2 record at Bridgestone Arena. At home, Nashville has won nine of 10 over San Jose and has points in 10 straight (9-0-1). In the last 10 meetings between the Preds and Sharks at Bridgestone Arena, Nashville has limited San Jose to two or fewer goals eight times and scored at least five goals six times.

Notables vs. San Jose:
Ryan Johansen has produced nearly a point per game against the Sharks in his career, tallying 19 points (9g-10a) in 20 games. He has six points (2g-4a) in his last five meetings with San Jose. Nick Bonino is on a three-game point streak (3g-1a) against the Sharks and has 15 points (5g-10a) in 22 career games against them.

tumblr_pgo72mZYPx1qjjgqno1_500.gif

upload_2018-10-23_9-58-36.png

upload_2018-10-23_10-6-10.png

upload_2018-10-23_10-6-26.png

upload_2018-10-23_10-6-36.png

upload_2018-10-23_10-6-46.png

upload_2018-10-23_10-6-58.png

upload_2018-10-23_10-14-55.png

Reactions: Scoresberg

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Our record against Sharks at Bridgestone is unreal- I went back 6 seasons and if my stats are correct we are 11-0-1 vs Sharks in last 6 years (that includes playoff series)

That is crazy considering Sharks have pretty much been an elite team that whole span

Meanwhile we can’t beat Carolina, Calgary or Detroit at home to save our lives

Sometimes sports make no sense

Hopefully we keep that streak going tonight

Reactions: PredsV82

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
Oh deary me! Jesus H Karlsson is coming!

F these guys and the Canadian media sponsored overhyped D man that is a big nothing compares to our third line d
I like your attitude, I wish I could be that cocky towards this team but im doubtful today. #InSarosWeTrust

Reactions: myFialabot

valeriammm

Beers/Bikes/Bums
Sep 21, 2018
I like your attitude, I wish I could be that cocky towards this team but im doubtful today. #InSarosWeTrust
You know what no. I take it back, I havent even looked at their stats till just now for the season and have only been able to catch two of their games. With piss poor scoring like that from their "top" men, I think the Calgary game might have been more of a challenge

Prediculous

May 11, 2018
Redding, CA
Team defense is rocking it so far this year early, as long as we keep capitalizing and doing the little things right like always we should win.

I'm shocked Sissons even has 3 points on that 4th line. Can't wait for Watson to come back

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I'll never understand the Karlsson hate on this particular board. You would think he ran over your dog the way some of you bash him.

The stolen Norris year was the Lidstrom not Karlsson.

Need Juice to be solid tonight. The top 6 for San Jose is scary any given night.

Weber deserved it over Karlsson the first year he got it too... that was back when he didnt play on the PK and was nothing but an assist machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad