Post-Game Talk: Loss. Nashville Predators vs San Jose Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
The coaching staff is going to love this, beyond horrible. I'd kill for Seth Lake to coach the PP over the excrement I saw on the TV. 7-2 is a great record but seriously up 2 and blowing this lead.

Reactions: predfan98

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Well that was less than ideal.

I was impressed with the Sharks PP and depth. They had more depth at forward tonight than we did (but our top line is better).

Their blue line game breakers made it happen at the end.

It was a very fun game.to watch until you knew it was over on that short handed goal.

One of those losses you look back on when playoffs seeding time comes and shake your head.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Damn PP ... if that isn’t turned around we won’t go far.
That just seems to be lavys Achilles heel.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think we played a fine game, bad game by Saros and that 5 minute collapse with the horrible call just cost us.

Fiala can't seem to get anything done right now. Bad turnover on that 2nd goal.

Saros has to have that Dillon shot. Completely changed the momentum but I think the terrible penalty call ultimately cost us. Would've gotten at least a point.

The special teams... well better struggle now than later the season, maybe?

Reactions: preds1

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
Saros got beat 6-hole twice within 30 seconds. Frustrating after he was so good against EDM. It's gonna happen with Rinne out though so I'm not too upset.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
I think we played a fine game, bad game by Saros and that 5 minute collapse with the horrible call just cost us.

Fiala can't seem to get anything done right now. Bad turnover on that 2nd goal.

Saros has to have that Dillon shot. Completely changed the momentum but I think the terrible penalty call ultimately cost us. Would've gotten at least a point.

The special teams... well better struggle now than later the season, maybe?

W lol we said this last year, time to work on the PP, but it really didn't get better, did it? Teams really have our number, were easy to disrupt, teams take penalties and don't get care cause it's so bad.

Fire the PP....... was he even asked any questions about it last night?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think the biggest problem are that we don't utilize Forsberg's lethal shot, don't remember the last time he fired one right wing on the PP and that we don't have a good net front presence or maybe we just aren't using them correctly.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I know it's a young season but fiala isn't close to the player he was last year. He's a turn over machine. Seem like every time he got the puck last night a shark player would just take it from him or he would make a forced pass that ended in a turnover.
Am I the only one who thinks bonino should get demoted to the 4th line and sission take the the 3rd line spot AND that bonino should not be on the PP?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Thoughts on maybe having 4F and 1D on the PP like so many other teams? And if so, which two of Ellis, Josi and Subban get the spots?

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Thoughts on maybe having 4F and 1D on the PP like so many other teams? And if so, which two of Ellis, Josi and Subban get the spots?
Who's our 4 forwards though? As much as I would love to see us go 4f and 1d we don't have the forwards I would rather have on there instead of Ellis Josi or subban. Hell I rather put ekholm on the power player over bonino lol

Last edited:
Reactions: RickP

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Reasons we lost in a nutshell.

1. Give up 2 pp goals and a shorty, you're going to lose.
2. Giving up a shorty to a defenseman who basically took it end to end while skating through most of the guys on the ice was a back breaker. If it were Karlsson or Burns doing it I'd be like, I expected that. For Dillon to do it, unacceptable.
3. To change up the PP units like we did up by two didn't make sense. Sure, having two D out there was nice, if they would've done something with Dillon coming up the ice but these units have been used since Ellis came back from injury last year and that is the time we change it up? Doesn't make sense to be honest. Guys assumed because we had two D out there everything would be ok and everyone slacked off.
4. A PP with all right handed shots gives an advantage to the PK. They have no reason to cover the guy on the right face off dot with any sense of urgency. They're not going to be able to turn and fire at the net quickly so they have time to close. That takes away a quick fire option. If we're going to use the umbrella we need a left handed shot in the right face off dot and a right handed shot in the left face off dot. Plain and simple. It will make it more effective. The problem is, the only left handed shots we have at forward are Fiala, Bonino, Salomaki and Rinaldo. The only other option would be to use Ekholm in that spot. Obviously Tolvanen may be an answer at some point but we need a solution now. Also, didn't the second unit do well when Sissons was on it instead of Bonino? Thought we had decent success with that combo.
5. Other than the JOFA line and Smith, no one is producing offensively on a consistent basis. Jarnkrok and Bonino with 1 point each as of last night I believe. Hartman has 1 or 2 points? Fiala and Turris are invisible. We need a shuffle of all the lines except the JOFA line at this point. While we're 7-2 and that's nice, the JOFA line needs support.
6. Bonino succeeded with the Penguins when he had two fast wingers with him. Jarnkrok and Hartman have good wheels but not exceptional wheels. He needs guys with him that can fly. Not sure we have the pieces to help him there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad