Looking for a new center

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Where did I say he was a fourth liner?

I put "4C" because he's not a fourth line C, he's much better.

He's not a 4C. He's been our 3C since midway through the 2015-2016 season, playing the 7th most forward minutes on the Jets. He averages more TOI/GP than Perreault. These outdated labels would label Frenchie a 4LW...:skeptic:

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
People still think we're doing this (first line, second line, third line, fourth line, first pairing, second pairing, third pairing):

playerUsage-2014021097-WPG.png

when in fact, we should be, and are actually doing this (four lines, two plus one pairings):

playerUsage-2017030321-WPG.png

Who cares which line is the "fourth". Who cares who plays on the "top pairing".

Reactions: surixon
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Yes, the Jets do have a long history of bad icetime allocation and extremely bad forward depth.
Ideally, not a single player plays less than 11 minutes.

Hopefully the Jets player usage changes now that the teams make up is different. There's certainly no comparison of GST to the potential that Connor-Roslovic-Petan offer.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
He's not a 4C. He's been our 3C since midway through the 2015-2016 season, playing the 7th most forward minutes on the Jets. He averages more TOI/GP than Perreault. These outdated labels would label Frenchie a 4LW...:skeptic:

. . . Are we having some sort of disconnect?

I said "4C" because that's where he is on a lineup sheet. He's not a 4C. What the heck are you arguing against here? I'm agreeing with you.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
What are you basing this on?
In many areas Lowry has 2C results.
His scoring is low but he dominates in other areas.

When healthy Lowry will likely get the 2nd most minutes at C.
His line will be the shut down line.

I love him on the shutdown line. A line that grinds down opposing teams skilled lines and allows the Jets to roll three scoring lines against otherwise weaker coverage. I think Lowry is valuable and it's great that he's potentially the Jets 4C. That said, he was pretty ineffective in the playoffs against the speed of teams like Vegas. I'd like to see coach be more careful with his usage moving forward.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
7 game sample in a non-scoring role likely more indicative of potential in a scoring role than a 32 game sample against men in a scoring role. More hot takes at 10pm.
why is a scoring player who plays on a line with Tkachuk and Matthews in the usntdp and a player in the ahl in a scoring role at the time put in a non scoring role on team u.s.a. as a 19 year old while having 18 17 year olds play in a scoring role in front of him.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
. . . Are we having some sort of disconnect?

I said "4C" because that's where he is on a lineup sheet. He's not a 4C. What the heck are you arguing against here? I'm agreeing with you.

I understand what you're saying, I simply don't agree with the label, particularly since the Jets currently have 3 NHL centres.

You don't think referring to him as a 4C on a team that has only 3 centres is a slight?

I'm pretty sure in every game day thread created over the past year on hfboards & in every listing after a morning skate on Illegal Curve, Lowry's name always occupied the 3C position.

Noobs read the posts here. We don't need to infect their minds by referring to Lowry as a 4C when he's clearly not.

Last edited:

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I understand what you're saying, I simply don't agree with the label, particularly since the Jets currently have 3 NHL centres.

You don't think referring to him as a 4C on a team that has only 3 centres is a slight?

I'm pretty sure in every game day thread created over the past year on hfboards & in every listing after a morning skate on Illegal Curve, Lowry's name always occupied the 3C position.

Noobs read the posts here. We don't need to infect their minds by referring to Lowry as a 4C when he's clearly not.

. . . .

Is this really the "I need to stand up to make a stand!" kind of topic? He's been listed as our 4C before, he will be listed as the 4C again. I don't think he's a 4C. I really don't know what the hell you're trying to show arguing over semantics for absolutely no reason when I've already said I agree with you.

A slight? What in the f*** are you talking about?

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
why is a scoring player who plays on a line with Tkachuk and Matthews in the usntdp and a player in the ahl in a scoring role at the time put in a non scoring role on team u.s.a. as a 19 year old while having 18 17 year olds play in a scoring role in front of him.

You really love appealing to authority when you can't make an argument.

Maurice RAVED about Roslovic this year and the role he will have going forward.

Why do you know more than Maurice? Please, tell us.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Connor & Wheeler would be a better fit for Roslovic.

Laine plays with Scheifele and he's going to score 50+ guaranteed.

I agree...

But we will see the loss of Wheeler before Laine plays with Chef...

Chevy will let Wheeler walk due to cap issues, then you will get your wish...

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Are you asking me why WJC management make less than optimal lineup decisions? In particular why the U.S.A. WJC management make less than optimal lineup decisions.

I don't know why they didn't put a player who clearly is capable of scoring in a non-scoring position. Possibly the same reason as why they left Kyle Connor off the team, who then proceeded to completely tear up the NCAA, be the runner-up in Hobey Baker voting, and score 30 goals in his rookie season in the NHL. Whoops. But hey, one player on that team had more goals in the NHL than Connor did this year, so I'm sure it was a great decision.

I trust you didn't attempt to appeal to authority? With the Kyle Connor debacle that fresh in memory? Surely you didn't forget that happened the year before?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
You really love appealing to authority when you can't make an argument.

Maurice RAVED about Roslovic this year and the role he will have going forward.

Why do you know more than Maurice? Please, tell us.
I have no idea what your talking about I said what I said there to show he still needs to work on his offence and that he should not be our 2nd line centre next year. I've stated so many times I like roslovic a lot and that he has earned the right to be our 3rd line centre next year. I agree with Maurice on this as I do on most things. which is why you accuse me of appealing to authority all the time but even if I didn't agree with you and maurice on roslovic I wouldn't accuse you of appealing to authority because you agree with what Maurice says.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
People still think we're doing this (first line, second line, third line, fourth line, first pairing, second pairing, third pairing):

playerUsage-2014021097-WPG.png

when in fact, we should be, and are actually doing this (four lines, two plus one pairings):

playerUsage-2017030321-WPG.png

Who cares which line is the "fourth". Who cares who plays on the "top pairing".

To be fair, it looks like that 2015 lineup had injuries, so it looks _baaaaad_.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have no idea what your talking about I said what I said there to show he still needs to work on his offence and that he should not be our 2nd line centre next year. I've stated so many times I like roslovic a lot and that he has earned the right to be our 3rd line centre next year. I agree with Maurice on this as I do on most things. which is why you accuse me of appealing to authority all the time but even if I didn't agree with you and maurice on roslovic I wouldn't accuse you of appealing to authority because you agree with what Maurice says.

Your entire argument was based around the WJC. a small sample size of people making idiotic decisions with young players. KC didn't even make a WJC team for christs sake.

The WJC means LITERALLY NOTHING as far as prospects go. Flyers fans brag every year about how many they have attend the WJC, where's their team right now?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Your entire argument was based around the WJC. a small sample size of people making idiotic decisions with young players. KC didn't even make a WJC team for christs sake.

The WJC means LITERALLY NOTHING as far as prospects go. Flyers fans brag every year about how many they have attend the WJC, where's their team right now?
It's funny, cause do you remember who was tied for tournament lead in points in 2014/15?

I guess Petan is the real deal. Time to insert him in the #2C spot!

Reactions: MardyBum

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
It's funny, cause do you remember who was tied for tournament lead in points in 2014/15?

I guess Petan is the real deal. Time to insert him in the #2C spot!
Just trade for mcjesus 1st and hope we can play on the PP for 60 minutes.

Reactions: Krauser

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Just trade for mcjesus 1st and hope we can play on the PP for 60 minutes.
Uh-huh. Eagerly awaiting an explanation of your previous post, where it appeared you appealed to authority regarding WJC lineup decisions, two years after Kyle Connor didn't make the U.S.A. WJC team.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Uh-huh. Eagerly awaiting an explanation of your previous post, where it appeared you appealed to authority regarding WJC lineup decisions, two years after Kyle Connor didn't make the U.S.A. WJC team.
He and roslovic were deemed not good enough that year. What's so hard to understand. Because their jet players they had to be wrong in their assessment of these players. He did do nothing at their evaluation camp if you remember. But if connor wasn't a late birthday he would have started in the top 6 on that junior team the following year when roslovic was a 4th liner if the jets would have let him go.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
He and roslovic were deemed not good enough that year. What's so hard to understand. Because their jet players they had to be wrong in their assessment of these players. He did do nothing at their evaluation camp if you remember. But if connor wasn't a late birthday he would have started in the top 6 on that junior team the following year when roslovic was a 4th liner if the jets would have let him go.
Oh yeah, that's it. I'm biased because they're Jets players.:laugh:

After being deemed "not good enough", Connor proceeded to lead the NCAA in scoring, be the runner up in Hobey Baker, and go almost goal per game in the NCAA. He has since then moved on to playing against men and excelled at that too. There is really nothing indicating that he wouldn't have been able to be a good scorer in the WJC either. But it's not like they could have used a goal scorer in that semi final game they lost because they only scored 1 goal... WHOOPS.

Really doesn't look to good on the authority you're attempting to appeal to. One might even classify it as a monumental f*** up on their part. Because authorities aren't infallible. That's why appealing to authority is a logical fallacy.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad