Post-Game Talk: Look on the bright side, the economy is improving.

Fanned On It

Dec 20, 2011
New York
You didn't see the game and you are spouting off? Torts's team got outshot 41 - 20 with a big advantage in PP time. The shots are indicative of how the game went. Hank played poorly; Luongo played well and we iced two 4th lines with Pyatt on our second line (yikes) and didn't capitalize on our good chances. Not a biggie.

For those who did see the game, we all know the 2nd goal was brutal but we can't let him off for the last two goals. Kesler's deflection although sick goes in because Hank is out of position and caught standing up (like Ed Mio used to). The last goal goes in because he was too deep; I don't care if it changed direction; from that angle he needs to leave no room. Not a terrible goal but one he should stop.

Seriously? Not ONE mention of the atrocious defense our team played last night? Our loss was due to BOTH Hank having a bad game and our defense being completely out of position at times.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Seriously? Not ONE mention of the atrocious defense our team played last night? Our loss was due to BOTH Hank having a bad game and our defense being completely out of position at times.

I think it's be foolish to take the shot total too seriously. We all know torts systems can do this. We're just not accepting it since it was personal and against us. There were many deflections and bad luck and PP against. At the end of the day though, we did what they did last night often and it might be worth thinking about how the "screened shots" are now deflections due to the changed positioning and looser coverage.

Granted, we still need work and are still work in progress, but definitely expecting some chaos over he next 3 weeks, defensively speaking.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

Our defense is taking a lot more chances with AV in charge. It should be expected that other teams are going to score more against us. It's part of the tradeoff from changing coaches.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I agree, I thought they played mostly fine. They had a lot of good chances with poor puck luck and there were a lot of really strange goals we gave up

yeah, definitely do not give the Canucks credit... They didn't exactly look like the Pens out there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad