Post-Game Talk: Look on the bright side, the economy is improving.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Lots of shots. Less quality scoring opportunities, but there were some.

Richards is looking a lot better, IMO. Zucc is going to be a solid contributor this season, without a doubt. Miller looks more ready for a roster spot than Kreider, IMO. I think he looks pretty good. John Moore is something else. I think he'll have the second most defensive points on the team behind bonehead Del Zotto (so much talent, so little brains) if he gets PP time. Although Staal also looks primed to breakout offensively a bit. We miss Hagelin's speed big time. He's such a catalyst. Need Stepan as well. And of course Callahan, all around. They will be huge additions. And you can take comfort in knowing the likelihood of Lundqvist having another game like that in the next 12-18 months is pretty slim.

Nash bothers me. He seems to float a lot. He reaches for pucks instead of moving his feet to get to them. He will lay the body on the boards but he won't chase down the other guy and pester him to get the puck back. He took lazy penalties. When the puck is on his stick he seems to NEVER make the simple, or smart, play. He always choose to try the difficult way. Sometimes it results in some really breath taking successes, which are his highlight reel goals and assists that keep everyone happy. More often than not, however, it leads to nothing. He'd rather spin backwards, try to reach around the defender, toe drag with his back to the net, turn and fire a shot from 35 feet out than make the simple shovel pass to the open man and try to get himself open again to get the puck back. He needs to start doing things the easy way, exert less energy trying to be a one man show and exert more energy trying to get the puck back on the forecheck. These aren't my observations based on the pre-season, they are my complaints about Nash throughout his career. Electrifying player. Needs to play a team game, buy into the system and take the simple play that's there rather than try to force the one-man play that isn't.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
****ING BIRON!!!!

LincolnTunnelTrafficManagementCenter1.jpg

Faxius

Dec 28, 2006
I was pissed at first when I fell asleep before the game started and woke up now, but seeing the score and your reactions makes me glad that I did missed it.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
I was pissed at first when I fell asleep before the game started and woke up now, but seeing the score and your reactions makes me glad that I did missed it.

Secretly, everyone here loves the craziness on HF. Came for the hockey, stayed for the chaos.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We outshot Edmonton by quite a bit too. How about we actually win the next one.

I'm not worried about giving up goals. Hank always starts slow and a coaching change is always a learning curve for your defense. Not scoring -and particularly not finishing- is a huge concern of mine going forward.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
We outshot Edmonton by quite a bit too. How about we actually win the next one.

I'm not worried about giving up goals. Hank always starts slow and a coaching change is always a learning curve for your defense. Not scoring -and particularly not finishing- is a huge concern of mine going forward.

I think offensively, we're seriously bleeding bad because of the lack of Stepan and Callahan. Cally is the guy that can make something out of nothing below the faceoff dots and Step is the guy that can both finish and set up a half way home to a goal. As far as Cresto is concerned, we don't have 1 functioning line yet.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think offensively, we're seriously bleeding bad because of the lack of Stepan and Callahan. Cally is the guy that can make something out of nothing below the faceoff dots and Step is the guy that can both finish and set up a half way home to a goal. As far as Cresto is concerned, we don't have 1 functioning line yet.

Yeah the season is in 6 days. Not exactly a great time to now have any functioning lines.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Yeah the season is in 6 days. Not exactly a great time to now have any functioning lines.

With Cally, Hags, Stepan out and a new coach who's giving EVERYONE a chance and a road trip that bundles 4 games in 5 minutes, I don't blame him. I think this is a part of the due process. Can we as a fan base having talked about this for thousands and thousands of posts come up with a line that we are confident in with the roster players that we've had to work with? There aren't many options. Truthfully, our two biggest assets are Stepan and Nash, one without the other can be quite underwhelming. Nash and Brassard isn't hopeful, Lindberg, Moore, Boyle aren't going to be enough to compliment Nash. Richards is now a #2C at best. So basically, without Stepan in the line up, we don't have.... well, our leading scorer and without Stepan, Nash is not quite at 100%. It's not to make excuses for Rick but chemistry is in fact a thing. With good chemistry, his apparent half ass effort tonight would probably look a lot better. My point is, we don't have lines ready and that's quite alright. There are a lot of days of practice left. Two more practices before the game in Phoenix and I'm guessing AV will have enough time and opportunity to talk to his coaches and the players and figure out a proper lineup.

God, I'm hoping Step comes up huge this year. All bitterness aside, we need him.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
With a new coach, I think it's okay to start a little slow so long as we're clearly headed somewhere with the system that we have. It looks like we are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->