Post-Game Talk: *Long fart noise*

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Canes were never in danger of losing this game. As much as Koskinen blew on the goals he did allow he also prevented the score from being lopsided.

Nuge and Hyman failed to convert on wide open nets from feet away. The Oilers did everything but tie this game. Wouldn't have been having to chase the game had they have tied it.

So lets try to figure out your bolded...

Aside from only the goaltending being lopsided (usualy story) this had the hallmarks of a 1-1 or 2-2 tightly contested game.

I fail to see how our goalie gifting the opponent 66.6% of their goals was preventing lopsides..

What happened in Vancouver is what could have happened here if our GM realized that we needed a legit starter here. Demko grapping the W and the Canes scoring only 1 goal. With adequate goaltending they would have had 1 goal here.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
There would be something to see here had the Oilers been trounced or deserved to lose all those games. The Oilers have been the better team in 3 of the last games and against good clubs. To wit watch McD handle questions on it in the post game availability. He doesn't feel that losing this way is indicative of deep problems. More its just what happens occasionally and even more with a weighted schedule that throws Marquee matches at us all in a row in December.

That's why there isn't panic yet, but where the concern is setting in is how they've been trailing pretty much puck drop to buzzer now for 5 straight games, and the previous 2 wins weren't exactly pretty either.

Losing a game to Minnesota or Carolina isn't a crime, but at some point I'd expect a good team (which Edmonton is supposed to be) finds a way to at least have the lead at some point in one of these games.

I do suspect we're in one of those modes where teams in lose despite playing well just like a couple weeks ago they were winning games to extende streak while not playing well. But at some point they need to win and need to get it fast.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Why do you hate Draisaitl?

;)

My lord, why would Nuge get 2 better wingers than Drai gets on 2nd line?

This is balanced? That 2nd line is lol all day.

That’s how much faith I have in Draisaitl to carry players compared to RNH. He’s one of the best in the league and should be able to carry anyone. The point of mixing up the lines is to create balance 5x5 instead of bleeding goals against. Draisaitl has also publicly stated that he loves playing with Yamamoto because of all the other stuff he does. I think Benson will surprise a lot of us when he gets a real shot in the top 6, his playmaking and vision is really good and would compliment a sniper like Draisaitl.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That's why there isn't panic yet, but where the concern is setting in is how they've been trailing pretty much puck drop to buzzer now for 5 straight games, and the previous 2 wins weren't exactly pretty either.

Losing a game to Minnesota or Carolina isn't a crime, but at some point I'd expect a good team (which Edmonton is supposed to be) finds a way to at least have the lead at some point in one of these games.

The crime as it were was losing the LA and Seattle games and those were the non compete games. Scheduling happened to place Minny, Bos, Carolina, Leafs just after that. I mean who wouldn't expect that to be a marquee killers row when the schedule was made up. I mean these things happen even on purpose here every year where we get a run of marquee games leading up to Christmas.

I'd expect the Oilers to have the lead more when they didn't have mops like Koskinen or Skinner in net. Cough Demko, cough Markstrom on how teams can have leads.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That’s how much faith I have in Draisaitl to carry players compared to RNH. He’s one of the best in the league and should be able to carry anyone. The point of mixing up the lines is to create balance 5x5 instead of bleeding goals against. Draisaitl has also publicly stated that he loves playing with Yamamoto because of all the other stuff he does. I think Benson will surprise a lot of us when he gets a real shot in the top 6, his playmaking and vision is really good and would compliment a sniper like Draisaitl.

The only image I get there Is Drai carrying the cross while getting whipped and high sticked in the junk with a bleeding head of thorns..

Sorry I can't be better than this on a monday morning..;)

I'll try to repent at some future time.

You're dreaming in regards to Benson. Also kids, spoiler......

theres no Santa Clause..heh

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The crime as it were was losing the LA and Seattle games and those were the non compete games. Scheduling happened to place Minny, Bos, Carolina, Leafs just after that. I mean who wouldn't expect that to be a marquee killers row when the schedule was made up. I mean these things happen even on purpose here every year where we get a run of marquee games leading up to Christmas.

I'd expect the Oilers to have the lead more when they didn't have mops like Koskinen or Skinner in net. Cough Demko, cough Markstrom on how teams can have leads.

Fair enough, but they've also only scored 5 goals in the last 4 games despite an expected GF of about about 13.8. The goal scoring slump right now is also very real.

Last edited:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Nuge and Hyman failed to convert on wide open nets from feet away. The Oilers did everything but tie this game. Wouldn't have been having to chase the game had they have tied it.

So lets try to figure out your bolded...

Aside from only the goaltending being lopsided (usualy story) this had the hallmarks of a 1-1 or 2-2 tightly contested game.

I fail to see how our goalie gifting the opponent 66.6% of their goals was preventing lopsides..

What happened in Vancouver is what could have happened here if our GM realized that we needed a legit starter here. Demko grapping the W and the Canes scoring only 1 goal. With adequate goaltending they would have had 1 goal here.
Making good saves and letting in bad goals are not mutually exclusive.

Also Nuge failing to convert? Shocker there, right?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Fair enough, but they've also only scored 5 goals in the last 4 games despite an expected GF of about about 13.8. The goal scoring slump right now is also very real.

Yeh. But the Canucks get multiple wins on the basis of scoring 1 or 2 goals. For the Nucks or Flames if they score 2 Its as if their work is done. The Oilers can't relax scoring 5 goals in a game, and so it goes, and its exhausting and tiring for all of the players. A team like the Flames gets several rest games winning 4-0 because Markstom or Vlader are playing like gods and give up on the game or starting passing on shots or shooting wide. We get zero of that benefit. This Oilers team is forced to close out every game. Flames have won games in the first period because theres no way a team is getting 3-4 goals back with that kind of goaltending. Must be nice..;)

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Yeh. But the Canucks get multiple wins on the basis of scoring 1 or 2 goals. For the Nucks or Flames if they score 2 Its as if their work is done. The Oilers can't relax scoring 5 goals in a game, and so it goes, and its exhausting and tiring for all of the players. A team like the Flames gets several rest games winning 4-0 because Markstom or Vlader are playing like gods and give up on the game or starting passing on shots or shooting wide. We get zero of that benefit. This Oilers team is forced to close out every game. Flames have won games in the first period because theres no way a team is getting 3-4 goals back with that kind of goaltending. Must be nice..;)

At least Calgary's starting to come back to earth with their GAs (26 GA in last 9 games) and therefore are now on a 4 game slump of their own and now have a COVID outbreak to deal with. So hopefully they are coming back down to earth now. Vancouver's dead cat bounce from a coach change is just the same as the Hitchcock effect in 2018-19, they'll win a few more before and maybe after Xmas before their problems get exposed again.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
The only image I get there Is Drai carrying the cross while getting whipped and high sticked in the junk with a bleeding head of thorns..

upload_2021-12-13_12-49-3.png

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

High sticked in the junk?

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
High sticked in the junk?
Drai is very big and Trochek very small...he was trying to chop down the German tree, who had a big fall. ;)

my verse is off today. Just like the Oilers I'm just not in sync.

Really I'm just not bringing it.

Sad Jason Arnott face..

Last edited:

DegeN9

Apr 24, 2017
On the bench with the trainer Hyman made it look like a broken collar bone. 4-6 weeks if so..
Could be a torn rotator cuff
Just giving an update on this, word is that it is an AC joint sprain. No broken bones so it’s not awful, but return time is case by case depending on severity. Luckily it’s not fully separated or it’s months.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Just giving an update on this, word is that it is an AC joint sprain. No broken bones so it’s not awful, but return time is case by case depending on severity. Luckily it’s not fully separated or it’s months.
This is excellent news. I rewatched him on the bench last night and it didn’t look like a broken collarbone second watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad