Post-Game Talk: *Long fart noise*

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Splitting the 3 centers will lower their 5x5 minutes but create a more balanced team and we’ll still have a deadly PP. McDrai will still produce 5x5 with pretty much any winger combination. RNH will just need some size on his wings, that’s why I’d like to try this top 9.

Hyman-Mcdavid-Kassian
Benson-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Foegele-RNH-JP

It’s not ideal but it gives RNH and Mcdavid wingers with size/grit. Draisaitl gets a puck hound in Yamamoto and a potential decent playmaker/pest in Benson.

As said I agree with the premise. I don’t know Tippett would go down that road.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
How the Oilers were viewed as the season started :
AgileJitteryChinchilla-size_restricted.gif

How it's going:
titanic-iceberg.gif

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Has there been any word on Hyman?

I haven't seen anything on twitter.

I'm pretty sure someone posted last night they were waiting until Monday to release info. Might have been the same poster who has a rather talkative fly on the wall in the Oilers sickbay (nailed the Nurse injury).

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Splitting the 3 centers will lower their 5x5 minutes but create a more balanced team and we’ll still have a deadly PP. McDrai will still produce 5x5 with pretty much any winger combination. RNH will just need some size on his wings, that’s why I’d like to try this top 9.

Hyman-Mcdavid-Kassian
Foegele-RNH-JP

It’s not ideal but it gives RNH and Mcdavid wingers with size/grit. Draisaitl gets a puck hound in Yamamoto and a potential decent playmaker/pest in Benson.

Draisaitl is going to demand a trade with those wingers haha.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Im not certain the purpose of the comment, but I doubt that ownership, management, coaches, players and most fans are sitting at the breakfast table this morning say, boy, it sure is a good thing we are on a 5 game losing skid and seemingly have no idea how to stop it (i’m paraphrasing the responses from last nights post game interviews of various culprits).
Tell me what team does not go through a losing skid during the year? It's bound to happen and I don't see the need for overreaction at this point

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Probably but doesn’t hurt to try something different. I always thought Benson and Draisaitl would work well together.

I’m with you on playing three elite centers, but we can’t to do that unless we get another top six LW or an elite 3c that plays like a 3c….

and I like the latter plan better

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Tell me what team does not go through a losing skid during the year? It's bound to happen and I don't see the need for overreaction at this point

Teams do, yes.

But man this team's losing steak has been coming for WEEKS.

Honestly outside of the Pittsburgh game this team hasn't played a full game since November 5.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
So my hf cadre. Where were you when Ethan Bobby Orr came back and vanquished the Edmonton Oilers that traded him for somebody named Warren Foegele? Sordid accounts in annals of time will detail that Oilers faithful were chanting Ethan Bear and cheering his every move. That he played a stupendous game in leading his new team to beating the old team. All sorts of side stories will exist and persist how this is all good medicine for us because we're so despicable and we deserve only the worst.

In reality Ethan Bear is a pretty normal D, was playing 6-7 type D fill in the game, 10 to be precise, and managed to be -1 in a game, was schooled by both McD and Draisaitl, and made another clusterf*** error pinching deep to chase a hit on Darnell Nurse while Pulju sent RNH home free for our 2-1 goal. In clarity this is the kind of Ethan Bear moment most Oilers fans would remember. Ethan Bear making mistakes resulting in potential game blowing moments. Only Bear rarely hit the ice after that thereby limiting our chances of a comeback. I was hoping to see more Bear shifts tbh.

I mean its too funny but a Singh CBC biased broadcast would have you believe other things. Before switching to the Calgary broadcast every 5mins to let us know the Flames are a supreme team and the embodiment of everything great in hockey. A team too great to lose. When they lose its just a distortion, a solar flare in the cosmos that deflects inevitability.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I’m with you on playing three elite centers, but we can’t to do that unless we get another top six LW or an elite 3c that plays like a 3c….

and I like the latter plan better

You mean like Danault? Who I wanted the team to obtain for all of the last year.

Think again how much more Danault would be here than RNH.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Probably but doesn’t hurt to try something different. I always thought Benson and Draisaitl would work well together.

So lets swap out a winger like Yama, who rarely scores and is a problem with Drai because he rarely finished anything for a player that hasn't scored a single goal in his NHL career. So that Benson, not even good enough to hit the lineup and play anymore than 7mins should be elevated for some reason to play with the leading scorer in the NHL and the best playmaker in modern times. Benson should be that guy, and you always thought it would work.. I have dreams I'm in bed with Miss Montana and then I wake up..;)

This would be like putting the stepchild progeny of Marty Reasoner and Eric Belanger on with Draisaitl and hoping something good would happen. With a player that has this as his NHL meme.

tenor.png

Reactions: Duke74

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
You mean like Danault? Who I wanted the team to obtain for all of the last year.

Think again how much more Danault would be here than RNH.

Why not both?

As I said, the team needs either a Danault-type center or a scoring LW. RNH allows us some flexibility to add either. Both on Danault and RNH ended up signing pretty reasonable contracts, though I question whether Danault might have signed in LA due to weather and/or role... he may see himself as a #2C rather than a 3C.

Here's hoping for Holloway by the way. If he turns out, we could be really set at forward at least for as long as we can afford the current mix.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Why not both?

As I said, the team needs either a Danault-type or a scoring LW. RNH allows us some flexibility to add either. Both on Danault and RNH ended up signing pretty reasonable contracts, though I question whether Danault might have signed in LA due to weather and/or role... he may see himself as a #2C rather than a 3C.

Danault and a bonafide scoring winger for Draisaitl would solve a lot of problems here. The only thing left to sort would be goaltending. Another offseason wish I had.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

It's Edmonton's biggest skid in almost 3 years. So yeah, lots of good teams don't lose 5 in a row. Even less of them go the entire 300 minutes of those 5 games without any lead whatsoever and trail in over 260 minutes of the 300 minutes.

Don't necessarily need to overreact, but this is about a bad a slump as possible to happen to a team that's expected to be a playoff team.

Reactions: Czechboy

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Hyman-Mcdavid-Kassian
Foegele-RNH-JP

Why do you hate Draisaitl?

;)

My lord, why would Nuge get 2 better wingers than Drai gets on 2nd line?

This is balanced? That 2nd line is lol all day.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's Edmonton's biggest skid in 4 years. So yeah, lots of good teams don't lose 5 in a row. Even less of them go the entire 300 minutes of those 5 games without any lead and trail in over 260 minutes of the 300 minutes.

Don't necessarily need to overreact, but this is about a bad a slump as possible to happen to a team that's expected to be a playoff team.

There would be something to see here had the Oilers been trounced or deserved to lose all those games. The Oilers have been the better team in 3 of the last games and against good clubs. To wit watch McD handle questions on it in the post game availability. He doesn't feel that losing this way is indicative of deep problems. More its just what happens occasionally and even more with a weighted schedule that throws Marquee matches at us all in a row in December.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
There would be something to see here had the Oilers been trounced or deserved to lose all those games. The Oilers have been the better team in 3 of the last games and against good clubs. To wit watch McD handle questions on it in the post game availability. He doesn't feel that losing this way is indicative of deep problems. More its just what happens occasionally and even more with a weighted schedule that throws Marquee matches at us all in a row in December.
The Canes were never in danger of losing this game. As much as Koskinen blew on the goals he did allow he also prevented the score from being lopsided.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad