London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
Ahem...It's not like the series went to 7 games. It was a friggin' sweep.
Dominant? No, but it was never in doubt. Didn't matter if you trotted out Jesus H Christ himself, with the way your team played, they would have been out physical-ed and outclassed regardless. But if it make you feel better about yourself, then go ahead and make excuses.
Oh, and BTW, congratulations for rooting for one of the softest teams in the league. Don't like to hit, don't like to get hit. Starts with the GM MM that hopes the league realigns the divisions so that he doesn't have to keep losing to us. That's what you want from a GM, being afraid of competition. Pathetic!
And I do believe we still have another gear or two. We just tend to play down to our opponents. In this case....way down. Next series is going to be tough. No sweeps this time.

And No Frills also has carried over their Tissue Sale in case Sop wants to stock up.
Not making excuses at all, I said Knights in 4 or 5 before it started. WE are in a rebuild year, you aren't. Good luck with next round , you'll need it. I think the defense will be a little better
Ahem...It's not like the series went to 7 games. It was a friggin' sweep.
Dominant? No, but it was never in doubt. Didn't matter if you trotted out Jesus H Christ himself, with the way your team played, they would have been out physical-ed and outclassed regardless. But if it make you feel better about yourself, then go ahead and make excuses.
Oh, and BTW, congratulations for rooting for one of the softest teams in the league. Don't like to hit, don't like to get hit. Starts with the GM MM that hopes the league realigns the divisions so that he doesn't have to keep losing to us. That's what you want from a GM, being afraid of competition. Pathetic!
And I do believe we still have another gear or two. We just tend to play down to our opponents. In this case....way down. Next series is going to be tough. No sweeps this time.

And No Frills also has carried over their Tissue Sale in case Sop wants to stock up.
I said Knights in 4 or 5 before it started. I was just pointing out how the Knights had such a hard time beating a team with such a weak defense unlike what's coming next round LOL

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Finally a different topic...thank you. I see the Soo with better goaltending but slightly weaker offense while Saginaw has the weaker goalie and better offense. With Simpson prone to the odd weak goal I think I would prefer to face the Soo and deal with the hot goaltending with tips and screens.
Surprised this is the view, as we have fans demanding to give the net to Miller.

In reality, the stats say there is not much difference between Lalonde and Schenkel. And by next round who knows maybe Oke is back. Not sure drawing Saginaw is getting weaker goaltending, everything considered.

Reactions: Fastpace

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Not making excuses at all, I said Knights in 4 or 5 before it started. WE are in a rebuild year, you aren't. Good luck with next round , you'll need it. I think the defense will be a little better

I said Knights in 4 or 5 before it started. I was just pointing out how the Knights had such a hard time beating a team with such a weak defense unlike what's coming next round LOL
It’s not a rebuild when you make deals like this at the deadline:

1713626054626.jpeg

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Finally a different topic...thank you. I see the Soo with better goaltending but slightly weaker offense while Saginaw has the weaker goalie and better offense. With Simpson prone to the odd weak goal I think I would prefer to face the Soo and deal with the hot goaltending with tips and screens.
Interesting take. Lalonde has actually been lights out from what I’ve seen this series.

I feel like London has a chance to expose Parekh and Dinoicio more than the Hounds defence. Either matchup would be tough.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Interesting take. Lalonde has actually been lights out from what I’ve seen this series.

I feel like London has a chance to expose Parekh and Dinoicio more than the Hounds defence. Either matchup would be tough.
I would rather face Saginaw. The Soo have the speed and forecheck to maintain the Knights. They also are good counter-attackers on turnovers and know how to activate their D appropriately without costing their team.

I do think the Knights can overcome both if they make the proper adjustments but both will be big tests.

X factor: Sawyer Boulton lol and Zayne Parekh or Jordan D’Intino

BThumme

Oct 2, 2023
Is it safe to say that games 1 and 2 of the next round will be either Thursday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday?

Not getting ahead of myself but I saw London is selling lower bowl tickets for games 1 and 2. I know tickets are hard to come by so I’m considering buying game 2 tickets as I can only make a weekend game work. I’d have to imagine there schedules have already been drafted regardless of opponent.

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Is it safe to say that games 1 and 2 of the next round will be either Thursday and Saturday or Friday and Sunday?

Not getting ahead of myself but I saw London is selling lower bowl tickets for games 1 and 2. I know tickets are hard to come by so I’m considering buying game 2 tickets as I can only make a weekend game work. I’d have to imagine there schedules have already been drafted regardless of opponent.
Not confirmed but I believe you are correct regarding the schedule.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

If I had to guess I'd say Friday/Sunday

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Good luck in next round and have a great summer
Thank You Billyjack .... you appear to have come to grips with the fact that the Knights have knocked out the Rangers BUT that this is just a game meant to entertain.
I did want to offer that I personally believe that out of all the "Knight Haters" that post regularly your commitment to hating London is clearly the most passionate of all. LOL, perhaps the London thread should offer an annual winner of an award for the "Greatest Knights Hater" during the season? You are HOF material my friend. :nod::nod:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I think both Soo and Saginaw will be worthy opponents. This will be a tough round for London and whoever makes it. Don't think you will see a sweep for either side.
Throw the three names in a hat and pick a winner they are all worthy of coming out of the West to play for the OHL Championship. Then throw in an Oshawa and North Bay two teams that are clearly worthy as well. Been a pretty good year for parity at the top of the OHL this season.

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
Yes, move on, you don't have to read the posts, go ahead move on

Absolutely, we will ! It'll likely be a shorr one too
Thats the problem. It's a lot of scrolling to get past the dumb arguments. Want to puff out your chest, do it in DMs.

• Haha
Reactions: Fastpace

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Thank You Billyjack .... you appear to have come to grips with the fact that the Knights have knocked out the Rangers BUT that this is just a game meant to entertain.
I did want to offer that I personally believe that out of all the "Knight Haters" that post regularly your commitment to hating London is clearly the most passionate of all. LOL, perhaps the London thread should offer an annual winner of an award for the "Greatest Knights Hater" during the season? You are HOF material my friend. :nod::nod:
There would be no shortage of candidates year to year :)

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club announced today the team signed goaltender Brett Brochu to a professional tryout.

Brett Brochu

Goalie

Born Sept. 9, 2002 — Belle River, Ont.

Height 6.00 — Weight 176 — Catches L

Brochu, 21, appeared in 20 games with the ECHL's Fort Wayne Komets this season. The Belle River, Ont. product posted a 7-11-1 record with a 2.66 goals-against average and .920 save percentage through his first professional campaign. Brochu's save percentage was tied for fourth among ECHL goaltenders.

Prior to turning pro, Brochu played 132 games for the OHL's London Knights. He amassed an 89-34-4 record with a 2.67 goals-against average and .910 save percentage. During the 2021-22 season, Brochu was named the OHL's Goaltender of the Year and captured a gold medal with Team Canada at the 2022 IIHF World Junior Championship. He was also named to the OHL First All-Star Team (2022), Second All-Star Team (2023) and First All-Rookie Team (2020) during his junior career.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Absolutely not, on all counts

You can not be interfering if you are in front of the player, what right does Motew have over Lawrence's, on the piece of ice under Lawrence skates, he either goes around or through him, Motew tried to go through

Again Motew clearly ran into Lawrence from behind, had Motew lift his head he would have see what was ahead of him, Clearly as this review shows he was behind Lawrence, Slow-mo it

Lawrence was going after the puck that was on his teammates stick? It was an almost certain pre-determined pick play. [(interference)]
Still, the injury is 85% percent the fault of Motew imo. Calling that a blindside head check is wrong.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
The Manitoba Moose Hockey Club announced today the team signed goaltender Brett Brochu to a professional tryout.

Brett Brochu

Goalie

Born Sept. 9, 2002 — Belle River, Ont.

Height 6.00 — Weight 176 — Catches L

Brochu, 21, appeared in 20 games with the ECHL's Fort Wayne Komets this season. The Belle River, Ont. product posted a 7-11-1 record with a 2.66 goals-against average and .920 save percentage through his first professional campaign. Brochu's save percentage was tied for fourth among ECHL goaltenders.

Prior to turning pro, Brochu played 132 games for the OHL's London Knights. He amassed an 89-34-4 record with a 2.67 goals-against average and .910 save percentage. During the 2021-22 season, Brochu was named the OHL's Goaltender of the Year and captured a gold medal with Team Canada at the 2022 IIHF World Junior Championship. He was also named to the OHL First All-Star Team (2022), Second All-Star Team (2023) and First All-Rookie Team (2020) during his junior career.
It's difficult for a smallish goalie to get an honest look in the pros nowadays.

Reactions: zman77

purple pharrt

Jan 23, 2024
sec 107 r2
Regarding concussions, and their effect on athletes...not limited to hockey players. I made an observation this past week, of a woodpecker in my backyard, pecking into a tree. This bird must have pecked violently, at least 50 times in just this one location. The bird then flew to another tree, and repeated the performance. The thought occurred to me: Why don't woodpeckers get concussions, given their habitual violent pecking, one would expect that their tiny brains would be rattling around in their skulls. I also wondered how they ever reproduce ? If any female ever deserved to make the declaration: " not tonight....I've got a splitting headache ", it would be a female woodpecker.

• Haha
Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins

Slowpace

Jan 8, 2018
He's one of several on my Ignore list. Does wonders for my blood pressure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad