London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Well, I'm seeing the present roster as being completely the exception to the rule, and so was the trading deadline activity. Historically, the Knights opted for offence, with the defense corps being trade fodder. This season, defense has become the team strength, and the trades ( and lack of them ) reflected this reality. The fact that Bonk never became a trading chip reinforced the mindset, that defense wins in the playoffs.

The most recent win streak has given an indication that the team has learned how to come out on the right side of one goal games. I'm glad that the future wasn't mortgaged for some "instant gratification". A solid core going into next season will pay bigger dividends, since this deadline has made a significant dent in opposition assets. Granted, they'll recover some, but the Knights will be the team picking and choosing which players they want, to bolster their line-up.....and at prices they'll dictate.

dino200022

If we're done, Hunter has his typical "playoff" lineup of 2 scoring lines, 1 checking line, and a seldom used 4th line.
Hopefully, this year will be an exception and no one will ask "So, which team do you think won the trade deals?" to which I respond every year... "We won't know until May or even in a few years time for those teams who added picks".

Sadly no matter how good or bad a trade is, in the league there is only 1 winner and 19 losers. So theoretically there can only ever be one winner when it comes to trades and we will see who that is down the road. We can speculate all we want, but we do not know about injuries, locker room dynamics, players lifesyles etc. to truly make any kind of fair assesments.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Sadly no matter how good or bad a trade is, in the league there is only 1 winner and 19 losers. So theoretically there can only ever be one winner when it comes to trades and we will see who that is down the road. We can speculate all we want, but we do not know about injuries, locker room dynamics, players lifesyles etc. to truly make any kind of fair assesments.

If yer not first, yer last!

-Ricky Bobby

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Perhaps we should be comparing team revenues over the past 20 years. That is ultimately the #1 goal of a GM.
If it’s about revenue then sure we win and the Leafs win the revenue cup every year

Barkey and Cowan need to take a big step forward in the 2nd half. We need Winterton to get 50 points in the 2nd half. Humphrey needs to be a ppg player for us. We need to absolutely shut down the teams that are not as good as us on paper. We need to win winnable games

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If it’s about revenue then sure we win and the Leafs win the revenue cup every year

Barkey and Cowan need to take a big step forward in the 2nd half. We need Winterton to get 50 points in the 2nd half. Humphrey needs to be a ppg player for us. We need to absolutely shut down the teams that are not as good as us on paper. We need to win winnable games

Did you just say the Leafs win the Cup?!?!?!?!

WOOOOOOOO!

dino200022

I think it is unfair to say Winterton need 50 pts in the second half. The kid has played 3 games in just under a year, as long as he motor is finely tuned come game 69 I will be happy with that. He was not brought in to win us any kind of Regular season banners, both Winterton and Humphrey were brought in due to their playoff and Mem Cup pedigree. They both look and sound like they are team first players from my limited viewings so I don't think they will be going to any of those individual accolades either. I think that playoff time is when we can really start to judge their true impact on the team.

But would love to see both of them go on heaters for the rest of the year for sure!

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Looks like final transactions have been posted on the OHL site ... No London Deals today.
Time to freak out!!
We are fine. If the power play can click we should be fine in the playoffs.

I do think we can make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs this year if we stay in the top spot of the conference.

Get excited for next year. The potential of Nazar and Halttunen plus whoever else we can convince will be awesome.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think it is unfair to say Winterton need 50 pts in the second half. The kid has played 3 games in just under a year, as long as he motor is finely tuned come game 69 I will be happy with that. He was not brought in to win us any kind of Regular season banners, both Winterton and Humphrey were brought in due to their playoff and Mem Cup pedigree. They both look and sound like they are team first players from my limited viewings so I don't think they will be going to any of those individual accolades either. I think that playoff time is when we can really start to judge their true impact on the team.

But would love to see both of them go on heaters for the rest of the year for sure!
Winterton had 46 in 37 last year it’s only a minor improvement. We need scoring!

We are fine. If the power play can click we should be fine in the playoffs.

I do think we can make it to the 3rd round of the playoffs this year if we stay in the top spot of the conference.
The only team we will have serious trouble with is Windsor….. oh and Sarnia

6th ranked team in the CHL……

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Well the kids can sleep tight in their respective beds and move forward as season progresses. I am happy we didn’t gut the team other than Testa and Lloyd. Mark did right by Bujold and Yearwood. Testa and Lloyd will both be good in this league. They need ice time to develop. I have all the faith in our coaching staff along with Mark and Rob. Getting over Abby’s loss is a tough sled but this team seems to be very tight knit. Defense wins championships so let’s see what the future brings starting Friday.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
I have averaged out the top/championship teams from the past 5 playing years and I am finding that you need to be in that 300-310 goal range to be dangerous.

Knights current pace is 264 goals for.

I expect WInterton + Humphrey to contribute an additional 25 goals which gets us to 289 so we are approximately 1 top 20 goal scorer away from having a top end offence. top 20 goal scorers being those on pace for 40+ or a couple pretty good goal scorers

WIthin that I would say we should target either Lombardi (42 goal pace), Hayes (41 goal pace), Kressler ( 47 goal pace), Goure ( 38 goal pace) or target a couple players like D'Intino (27 goal pace) + Bressette (27 goal pace)

As it stands our D/G combo is right there with the best in the league (knowing that Brochu can steal us some games). Our GA pace is 196 and the average best teams of the past 5 years is in the 185-190 range so we are tracking well and may need to tighten up a little bit if possible. Ottawa is insane they are on pace to allow only 168 this year.

WHY THE HELL DIDNT WE TRADE FOR OKITUNDU!?’ Freakin 7th rounder thats all… this kid is a gamer.

Seriously son, you're gonna hurt yourself... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad