London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Do you think Mark drove up the price on Harrison to get Windsor to go hard after him so that we could swoop in for another player?

Reactions: LondonLocal

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Do you think Mark drove up the price on Harrison to get Windsor to go hard after him so that we could swoop in for another player?
I don't know if he necessarily intentionally drove up the price. I think we are just back to seeing pre-covid prices for selling teams.

You could be right but we may never know until we see some action.

Reactions: LondonLocal

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I think the price was set, see Arcuri … 2-2nds, 3-3rds seems an oddly popular number of picks and measurable for most of the trades made

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I would like to think so!
But it sounds like they were legitimately in on him, so they just may not have been willing to pay what Windsor did, but this may mean they are not done and willing to go after someone else they think can be a game changer.
Mark is sneaky too, could be going after someone no one is talking about. Maybe someone in the AHL who may be coming back, we have seen him do that a few times over the years.

Although, an AHL player is likely an OA, and I do not see the Knights moving on from one of their own OA's.

Last edited:

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Need to keep Brochu fresh and healthy in the second half, he is finally starting to look like the pre-injury version of himself. Even with the additions and great D in front of him, he is the biggest piece of the puzzle on this team. They are going to need him if they want to make noise in the playoffs.

Bowen has been decent when called upon for the most part, but he is young and unproven. So get him some games throughout the second half, get him experience while keeping Brochu fresh. If they can do that, I am excited for a big run!

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Need to keep Brochu fresh and healthy in the second half, he is finally starting to look like the pre-injury version of himself. Even with the additions and great D in front of him, he is the biggest piece of the puzzle on this team. They are going to need him if they want to make noise in the playoffs.

Bowen has been decent when called upon for the most part, but he is young and unproven. So get him some games throughout the second half, get him experience while keeping Brochu fresh. If they can do that, I am excited for a big run!

Your username and logo made me think immediately of Martin…

Matthew Giuffrida

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON

Your username and logo made me think immediately of Martin…

Matthew Giuffrida

haha that is awesome! I used to have an account on here many years ago, but lost it. Have just been a reader for quite a while. But decided to get back in and contribute my thoughts, I love intereacting with fellow Knights fans!

I will take it as a compliment though :laugh:

Reactions: nelli27

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Protect the keeper! We need our D to be mean to anyone who dares to touch Brochu or Bowen

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Agree! Just maybe a little less mean then Mailloux was, or at least let the guy get up :biglaugh:

Can't afford to lose guys like him for 3 games at a time.
Agreed

Any way to get this guy as a free agent:
?

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
Agreed

Any way to get this guy as a free agent:
?
Would be a big add, but it looks like his rights are held by the Vancouver Giants.
So very unlikely he would land in London.

Reactions: TheCoach and LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Would be a big add, but it looks like his rights are held by the Vancouver Giants.
So very unlikely he would land in London.
I missed that. My bad! Any other free agents or guys off other’s radar’s?

Blairwitch58

Sep 29, 2022
@Blariwtich58.

"Have not seen this from Gazizov."

Are you sure? He has been the guy they have been dropping the buck back to coming through the neautral zone on one of the PP units? That indicates he has the ability to skate pucks in.
Quite sure. New years resolution is being less critical of the very young players. He is not very good at rushing the puck at all. He can shoot and make some amazing passes.
@Blariwtich58.

Are you sure? He has been the guy they have been dropping the buck back to coming through the neautral zone on one of the PP units? That indicates he has the ability to skate pucks in.

@Blariwtich58.

TheOrangePylon

Jan 4, 2023
London, ON
I missed that. My bad! Any other free agents or guys off other’s radar’s?
A zero trade capital acquisition that would be nice, is their own import pick Kasper Halttunen, he looks like a very good player but he is still young and the chances of him coming mid season I think are fairly low. But not something that would be unheard for Mark.

I think looking at the import market is also a no go outside of Halttunen, because that would mean they lose his rights and at 17 they still have several seasons to convince him to come.

Reactions: LDN and LondonLocal

dino200022

Quite sure. New years resolution is being less critical of the very young players. He is not very good at rushing the puck at all. He can shoot and make some amazing passes.

Can you explain why he is the one they setup to carry the puck through the neutral zone and into the offensive zone on one of the PP units then? I would be curious to understand why you think he is not capable of doing it yet his OHL coaches set him up to do it?

Reactions: Ferguson Jenkins

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
Look for Brochu to play Friday, Saturday and Bowen gets the start Sunday in the Soo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad