London Knights 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
We really need to go hard after Nazar and Hagens. They both are the high high end talented forwards we need in future years.

Don’t get me wrong I think Barkey is excellent and will be a terrific leader of our offence for the next couple years, but if he could have some support or some high end skilled players to surround him that would be awesome.

Could you imagine next years lineup with

Halttunnen-Hagens-Nazar

Woooo would easily be the best line in the CHL… pipe dream though lol

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
Sudbury traded Alex Assadourian to Niagara for a couple high picks, so maybe there is something to a bit of sell off in Sudbury?

I also wonder about the Soo, would McConnell-Barker potentially be available?

Side Note - By my count, that is now 28 Niagara trades since last season ended. That is insane!
I brought this up a month ago about McConnel-Barker and was laughed off the board by a Soo member (and others) as we’d have to give up a ton because he can come back next year. So…no.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I wonder if they have had conversations with Aram Minnetian? He would be a nice addition to next years D.

To add to the discussion of US players how about Shane Vansaghi? He has 0 points in 10 USHL games. He would get more exposure and ice time here.

I would agree with most of what he said...CHL hockey is still a business though, us fans pay exorbitant amounts of money for tickets year after year so we of course want to see our money go towards a quality product...that's why boards like HF exist for us to be able to voice our views and opinions
Exactly...teenagers man the helm at every restaurant. If I'm not happy with the services provided or the effort put forth...I'm gonna say something and suggest perhaps the hospitality and food services business isn't in their best interest. It is after all my money

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
London faithful.
What do you know about Izayah Luddington, currently playing with the Nats?

TIA
Heard the name. I haven’t been to any Nats games so I can’t be of any help. I’m assuming moderate to high potential. Looks like he has some filling out to do (based on his weight to height ratio)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I would agree with most of what he said...CHL hockey is still a business though, us fans pay exorbitant amounts of money for tickets year after year so we of course want to see our money go towards a quality product...that's why boards like HF exist for us to be able to voice our views and opinions
Be careful what you say guys, these kids whether or not on your favorite team are trying to build hockey careers. Careers under construction in juniors or in the minors, not only do they need to satisfy their mental states but also all others around them. They also have to deal with teammates, coaches, families, friends, scouts, pro team managements and thousands of fans. They also have close relationships to deal outsise the rink. They can read what we are writing on social media about them

Yes SSMHoundsFan, and thanks for your post by the way, and as you say we fans spends gate money to watch them buiding their dream careers, while they entertain us by playing hockey. And yet we hide behind technology equipments to criticise these same kids with fake names. We lose a few bucks at the gate but how much do they lose if they fail on their dreams? With maturity each day their young junior hockey careers gets more and more publicised so is the achieving mountain rises higher for them.

We can say anything we want but let's be civilised and diplomatic with our choice of words. That is how we overcome our disappointment and help our favorite hockey team on scocial media, without destroying a kid's career. Lets all try to refrain from naming player names on our post whether on our favorite team or not, I am sure they will appreciate it with positive efforts on the ice. Chirping is fine but it usually done in a fun way, not in a hurting way. IMHO Cheers!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Exactly...teenagers man the helm at every restaurant. If I'm not happy with the services provided or the effort put forth...I'm gonna say something and suggest perhaps the hospitality and food services business isn't in their best interest. It is after all my money
Do you say it in person and to the management or by phone and to the server(s)?

dino200022

Be careful what you say guys, these kids whether or not on your favorite team are trying to build hockey careers. Careers under construction in juniors or in the minors, not only do they need to satisfy their mental states but also all others around them. They also have to deal with teammates, coaches, families, friends, scouts, pro team managements and thousands of fans. They also have close relationships to deal outsise the rink. They can read what we are writing on social media about them

Yes SSMHoundsFan, and thanks for your post by the way, and as you say we fans spends gate money to watch them buiding their dream careers, while they entertain us by playing hockey. And yet we hide behind technology equipments to criticise these same kids with fake names. We lose a few bucks at the gate but how much do they lose if they fail on their dreams? With maturity each day their young junior hockey careers gets more and more publicised so is the achieving mountain rises higher for them.

We can say anything we want but let's be civilised and diplomatic with our choice of words. That is how we overcome our disappointment and help our favorite hockey team on scocial media, without destroying a kid's career. Lets all try to refrain from naming player names on our post whether on our favorite team or not, I am sure they will appreciate it with positive efforts on the ice. Chirping is fine but it usually done in a fun way, not in a hurting way. IMHO Cheers!

I think we all have to keep in mind that what we the fans say has to be taken in a relative context. I can tell you right now that the worst player in the OHL would skate circles around me, but that does not mean I can't still say he sucks for an OHL player right haha?

Blairwitch58

Sep 29, 2022
Mid Term Report Card ( my opinion)

Cowan B+ Crane C+ Barkey B+ Leonard B Brochu A-

Del Monte B- McCue C+ Sim B- Federkow B- Bowen B
Diaco A- Paris C- Dickinson B+ Bonk B+
McGurn B- Gaz C George B+ Edward B-
Humphrey B Julien B- Mailloux B
Winterton B-

So glad we did not trade Bonk!! Hopefully new players get more familiar with London and help our offence.

Reactions: LDN

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
I brought this up a month ago about McConnel-Barker and was laughed off the board by a Soo member (and others) as we’d have to give up a ton because he can come back next year. So…no.
He'll be the focal point of our 23/24 team so unless we both fail on our bid and fail to gain any traction going into next year's trade deadline, he's sticking around the Soo

BobHockey

Jul 9, 2015
Exactly...teenagers man the helm at every restaurant. If I'm not happy with the services provided or the effort put forth...I'm gonna say something and suggest perhaps the hospitality and food services business isn't in their best interest. It is after all my

Since these teenagers actually receive very little of your money in the grand scheme of things - whether kids at a restaurant or in the OHL - perhaps your suggestions would be better directed to the owners and managers who are responsible for hiring (drafting), training (developing) and putting the team together off or on the ice.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Mid Term Report Card ( my opinion)

Cowan B+ Crane C+ Barkey B+ Leonard B Brochu A-

Del Monte B- McCue C+ Sim B- Federkow B- Bowen B
Diaco A- Paris C- Dickinson B+ Bonk B+
McGurn B- Gaz C George B+ Edward B-
Humphrey B Julien B- Mailloux B
Winterton B-

So glad we did not trade Bonk!! Hopefully new players get more familiar with London and help our offence.
And here is my report on player cards reporter;

Blairwhitch58 F-

Team Knights A+

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Pretty sure this wasn't directed at a casual fan posting on HFB. Me thinks the "Insiders" that claim to have inside information are the concern of Rob and even the players. I wasn't really that old to know the value of a statement coming from someone that knows nothing is worth exactly that ... nothing! Cheers .

I never said it was

Am I the only one who saw the sarcasm in this?

Londoner Knight

Aug 31, 2016
London Ont
Anyone know what the Specialty Jersey Night" will be on Jan 22nd? Just when we thought we were done trying to figure out what the black Spider-$hit jersey was...we get another one to guess at lol!

honeydripper

Mar 15, 2022
Anyone know what the Specialty Jersey Night" will be on Jan 22nd? Just when we thought we were done trying to figure out what the black Spider-$hit jersey was...we get another one to guess at lol!
Sorry to intrude, but it could be the CHL ’your team, your jersey’ kids design contest night where they wear the winning jerseys for a game, then they get auctioned off for charity after. Only saying that because Sarnia’s is Feb.5. (my daughter actually won it for the Sting)
Good luck the rest of the way, you’ve got a solid team as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad