London Knights 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
What is your expectation for this season? What do the Knights have to do as an organization and team in order for this season to be considered a success ?

My expectation is we finish 2nd or third in the conference with our opening day roster. If we pull a Guelph with the assets we have there is no way we are not favourites.

I expect a big jump from Stranges, McMichael, and Foudy, our power forwards in Moskal, Dunkley and Guskov are solid.

Defence should be good not great, and Goaltending is very good.

If we make a trade for 4 players in Aurthur Kayliev, Ty Dellandrea, Thomas Harley, Mathew Villata, I think we would win it all. I think this happens in some configuration with value deals and free agents but I think that’s what is takes.

Saginaw, Sarnia and Windsor should be contenders this year

Reactions: LDN

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
My expectation is we finish 2nd or third in the conference with our opening day roster. If we pull a Guelph with the assets we have there is no way we are not favourites.

I expect a big jump from Stranges, McMichael, and Foudy, our power forwards in Moskal, Dunkley and Guskov are solid.

If we make a trade for 4 players in Aurthur Kayliev, Ty Dellandrea, Thomas Harley, Mathew Villata, I think we would win it all. I think this happens in some configuration with value deals and free agents but I think that’s what is takes.

I thought Sarnia was in a rebuild? Do you really see them being there? I would think Kitchener in their place.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017

Are these guys the big fish? If so lets go for it and acquire them prior to the season starting

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Sarnia is a question mark but they will have a healthy Jamison Reese, Jacob Perreault, with some big USA signings and import draft upgrades they should be much improved. If they win a few prospects back like McGregor as an OA they could be in a good spot to compete.

Kitchener has always fumbled in selling available assets and I counted them out of the running for the half cocked sell/buy over the last few seasons. I assume they need some work and are limited in assets?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Sarnia is a question mark but they will have a healthy Jamison Reese, Jacob Perreault, with some big USA signings and import draft upgrades they should be much improved. If they win a few prospects back like McGregor as an OA they could be in a good spot to compete.

Kitchener has always fumbled in selling available assets and I counted them out of the running for the half cocked sell/buy over the last few seasons. I assume they need some work and are limited in assets?
No, Kitchener is primed to make a run this season...

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Expect Patrick Kane's numbers (130-150pts) out of first line Stranges as a 17yr old and this will surprises many, I say possibly 80+ points season from Evangelista on second line duties , both Foudy and McMichael should be close to 50 goals season and I expect Stranges will be doing the same. Knights should be very strong offensively this year, I only hope they carry last spring's blunder along with them this season as a form of motivation of not getting in this situation again.

Message to Nelli27 from Lake Matachewan in Northern Ontario; wife says the pickerels and the perches or are they northern pikes (we don't know) but are very good, she said you need to get up here and get them yourself, told you she's mean

West
Lon, Kit, Sag, Flint, Win, Soo, OS, Erie, Gue, Sar

East
Ott, Sud, Osh, Ptes, Miss, NB, Bar, Kin, Ham, NF

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightsWatch

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Expect Patrick Cane's numbers (130-150pts) out of first line Stranges as a 17yr old and this will surprises many, I say possibly 80+ points season from Evangelista on second line duties , both Foudy and McMichael should be close to 50 goals season and I expect Stranges will be doing the same. Knights should be very strong offensively this year, I only hope they carry last spring's blunder along with them this season as a form of motivation of not getting in this situation again.

Message to Nelli27 from Lake Matachewan in Northern Ontario; wife says the pickerels and the perches or are they northern pikes (we don't know) but are very good, she said you need to get up here and get them yourself, told you she's mean

West

East
WOW! very interesting opinion. I would love if this happens, but I am just wondering what makes you expect this type of production from these guys?

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Expect Patrick Cane's numbers (130-150pts) out of first line Stranges as a 17yr old and this will surprises many, I say possibly 80+ points season from Evangelista on second line duties , both Foudy and McMichael should be close to 50 goals season and I expect Stranges will be doing the same. Knights should be very strong offensively this year, I only hope they carry last spring's blunder along with them this season as a form of motivation of not getting in this situation again.

West

East
Patrick Kane not Cane

DontEverTouchMyPuck

Jul 30, 2018
I thought Sarnia was in a rebuild? Do you really see them being there? I would think Kitchener in their place.

I think Sarnia is a hot mess. They lost a lot of production from their line-up, and they still have a coach that the players don't like. A healthy Rees will make a difference, though, and Perrault will only get better.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

West

East
Those are some ambitious predictions!!! You must be doing more than fishing up there. I'm afraid I'll have to pass on Mrs. Fastpace's kind invitation. I'm not a fan of fishing. To relax, I prefer listening to Pink Floyd while consuming...
Oh, look at the time, I have to run...

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
WOW! very interesting opinion. I would love if this happens, but I am just wondering what makes you expect this type of production from these guys?

Two reasons ; either I see talent out of these players or the sun fried my brain. Your pick !

Reactions: TheCoach

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Those are some ambitious predictions!!! You must be doing more than fishing up there. I'm afraid I'll have to pass on Mrs. Fastpace's kind invitation. I'm not a fan of fishing. To relax, I prefer listening to Pink Floyd while consuming...
Oh, look at the time, I have to run...

Might as well reach for the sky, I feel they owe us the way it ended last spring.
Very exited about this up coming season, although my expectation probably is too high.

I like all kinds of music jazz, classical, country, rap, hard punk and heavy metal. Linkin Park, Pink Floyd, Meatloaf, Eminem (only the clean versions) are right up there among the favorites

Got to get back to fishing, I am in competition with a couple black bears and they are having a head start on me this morning.

Might as well reach for the sky, I feel they owe us the way it ended last spring.
Very exited about this up coming season, although my expectation probably is too high.
My Pops always told me to set attainable goals. The low hanging fruit is the easiest to obtain, only when it's gone do you aim higher up the tree. Undue pressure can spoil your process

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re good with the current set of forwards. Defense though we likely need to add at least 2 quality players.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Mark decides to do a re-tool this year and target a run for next year.

Someone mentioned this before - the ages of our forwards and defence seem to be out of sync. Last year the D was elite but the forward group was still young. This year the forward group seems strong but now the D is young.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re good with the current set of forwards. Defense though we likely need to add at least 2 quality players.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Mark decides to do a re-tool this year and target a run for next year.

Someone mentioned this before - the ages of our forwards and defence seem to be out of sync. Last year the D was elite but the forward group was still young. This year the forward group seems strong but now the D is young.
Guelph proved you can pretty well buy a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad