London Knights 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Baseball ain't what it used to be, hardly any strategy, homers or strikeouts. Hardly any baserunning, no classic pitching duels, seems like it is now just a handfull of highlights spread out over three hours.

You know you miss hockey when you are aware of how many days before the first intra squad games while sweltering away during the summer!

Fastpace

Do extra on every shift and you will be noticed !
Jul 25, 2015
; Now living in Northern Quebec region
Do you hear that voice in your head saying "bring Nelli27 some trout back from fishing trip"? Listen to it.

You'll need to wrestle my wife for it, and let me tell you, when it comes to fish the old gal finds strength stashed from somewhere, and I smarted up over the years to stay out of her way. lol !

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I miss hockey.

Would be OK if there was a suitable summer sport to watch...but there just isn't. We need summer league hockey televised....every player plays in the summer. They need to start televising some of these games somewhere

The Australian League streams their games on YouTube. The season is on going right now. I'm not saying it's glamorous or anything but honestly it's not so bad. Some familiar names pop up but it's decent for what it is.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Baseball ain't what it used to be, hardly any strategy, homers or strikeouts. Hardly any baserunning, no classic pitching duels, seems like it is now just a handfull of highlights spread out over three hours.

You know you miss hockey when you are aware of how many days before the first intra squad games while sweltering away during the summer!

I was a top baseball player in Ontario and related to the only Canadian in the hall of fame. I love the game but you are right it has changed. Read a study the other day that the average MLB fan today is 55 years old. Baseball refuses to change for the better. It's almost unwatchable. Was at a game a few weeks back and it took 4 hours to play with out extra innings.

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS

You could not pay me enough to watch MBL game including the Jays.
Now if Lacrosse was televised I would watch.

Last edited:
Golfing, fishing and going to different festivals are my favorite pastimes along with barbecuing and sitting in the backyard with an ice cold beer, it's not hockey but it helps.
can't golf anymore...hate fishing....festivals are the same every year and a waste of money...I'll agree with you on the backyard BBQ's and beer though

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I can't golf anymore because back is hooped. I am only 67 so I am not old enough to fish. I don't drink so that leaves the beer out of the equation. I would rather watch paint dry or the grass grow as watch NASCAR the way they race now and I couldn't watch baseball as it is about as exciting as a Chess game. Nope it has to be Junior hockey for me. The World Juniors and Women's Hockey are definitely a plus and possibly the playoffs in NHL but not a big deal for me.

tbkght77

Oct 12, 2017
Can always go down to your local dragstrip. T&T nights can run what you brung!! Good times, good food and good people.

I hear the whole NAPCAR deal...and yes, baseball is fun to play, but hard to watch.

Looking forward to football and hockey won’t be far behind.

Enjoy the summer!!!

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Can always go down to your local dragstrip. T&T nights can run what you brung!! Good times, good food and good people.

I hear the whole NAPCAR deal...and yes, baseball is fun to play, but hard to watch.

Looking forward to football and hockey won’t be far behind.

Enjoy the summer!!!
I have been drag racing with brother-in-law and nephew for over 50 years. I can't seem to get into that anymore unless it is an NHRA National Event. I am heading to Seattle for next weekends Catspot Nationals Aug 2-4th. I might miss the exhibition games as I might go to Indy to the Nationals Labour Day Weekend.

tbkght77

Oct 12, 2017
I have been drag racing with brother-in-law and nephew for over 50 years. I can't seem to get into that anymore unless it is an NHRA National Event. I am heading to Seattle for next weekends Catspot Nationals Aug 2-4th. I might miss the exhibition games as I might go to Indy to the Nationals Labour Day Weekend.

Enjoy! It’s a beautiful setting for a drag strip. I grew up in Seattle and began racing there in the mid 80’s. Had a ‘72 Chevelle(my first car!). Attended several NHRA NAT. Events there as well.

The area will be buzzing that weekend as it’s also Seafair weekend. Look to the sky for the Blue Angels over Lake Washington. Wishing I could join you! Have fun!

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Enjoy! It’s a beautiful setting for a drag strip. I grew up in Seattle and began racing there in the mid 80’s. Had a ‘72 Chevelle(my first car!). Attended several NHRA NAT. Events there as well.

The area will be buzzing that weekend as it’s also Seafair weekend. Look to the sky for the Blue Angels over Lake Washington. Wishing I could join you! Have fun!
I am friends with the Austin family, Bobby and Dom Lagana, Clay Millican and Mike Kloeber and Tim Wilkerson and a whole bunch of guys from our IHRA days

Reactions: tbkght77

tbkght77

Oct 12, 2017
I am friends with the Austin family, Bobby and Dom Lagana, Clay Millican and Mike Kloeber and Tim Wilkerson and a whole bunch of guys from our IHRA days

Am assuming you mean Walt, Pat and Bucky Austin? Heck of a racing family. I don’t know them personally, but have met them several times. Met Wilkerson at Cayuga several years ago. One of my fav memories was walking into Eddie Hill’s pit(uninvited), and congratulating him for being the first in the Fours!!(lol...how time flies!)

Anyhow, time to get back to hockey. Enjoy your time in Seattle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad