London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopper

Oct 22, 2019
Another gerard keane screw up on the 2nd goal.. anyone mentioned how much the defense stinks tonight????

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Knights 6 @ Windsor 3 [Another flu bug?]
800 wins for Hunter!!
Post game thoughts:
Knights taking revenge on the teams that beat them when they were short players during WJrs.
First 5 minutes were all Spits, and then the Knights woke up. Shots end up even 36-36.
Second time that the Knights have shelled Piironen. My guess is that we'll see "Funky Cold" Medina when these two teams meet up in London. Spits can score goals, but both of their goalies have a GAA in the .880-.888--that won't cut it.
Refs were not a factor in tonight's game--actually they did a decent job. Knights took 4 penalties, and only had 1 PP. Their penalties were well-deserved. No complaints here.
Stranges: more "steak" with that sizzle. Kid is a "road warrior". I think he only has 5 or 6 goals at home. Evangelista--Knights best player ce soir.
Did anyone notice Steklov on that McDonald breakaway? He looked like he was chasing McDonald in slow motion, reminded me of Brad Marsh. I thought he was either dead tired or injured--that's how slow he was skating.
Top 6 rested with 6 or 7 minutes to go in the 3rd. That's usually what Hunter does when the game is well in hand, and they play the next night. I think that's the first time he gave the rookies, McGurn and Rolofs, time on the PK. Speaking of Rolofs, he came so close to scoring his first when he went in all alone on Funky Cold. Next few years we're going to have some exciting hockey between these two teams: London's Evangelista, Stranges, Rolofs, etc. VS Spits' JL Foudy, Cuylle, Johnston, etc...
Brochu 18-5. Not bad for a 17 year old.
#SAVEGRITTY (for PP31)

Hedon rating: 10/10

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
:thumbu:
800 wins for Hunter!!
Post game thoughts:
Knights taking revenge on the teams that beat them when they were short players during WJrs.
First 5 minutes were all Spits, and then the Knights woke up. Shots end up even 36-36.
Second time that the Knights have shelled Piironen. My guess is that we'll see "Funky Cold" Medina when these two teams meet up in London. Spits can score goals, but both of their goalies have a GAA in the .880-.888--that won't cut it.
Refs were not a factor in tonight's game--actually they did a decent job. Knights took 4 penalties, and only had 1 PP. Their penalties were well-deserved. No complaints here.
Stranges: more "steak" with that sizzle. Kid is a "road warrior". I think he only has 5 or 6 goals at home. Evangelista--Knights best player ce soir.
Did anyone notice Steklov on that McDonald breakaway? He looked like he was chasing McDonald in slow motion, reminded me of Brad Marsh. I thought he was either dead tired or injured--that's how slow he was skating.
Top 6 rested with 6 or 7 minutes to go in the 3rd. That's usually what Hunter does when the game is well in hand, and they play the next night. I think that's the first time he gave the rookies, McGurn and Rolofs, time on the PK. Speaking of Rolofs, he came so close to scoring his first when he went in all alone on Funky Cold. Next few years we're going to have some exciting hockey between these two teams: London's Evangelista, Stranges, Rolofs, etc. VS Spits' JL Foudy, Cuylle, Johnston, etc...
#SAVEGRITTY (for PP31)

:clap::thumbu:

Reactions: Buttsy

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
800 wins for Hunter!!
Post game thoughts:
#SAVEGRITTY (for PP31)

I see what you did here :).

Well played sir.

Reactions: nelli27 and zman77

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Spits can score goals, but both of their goalies have a GAA in the .880-.888--that won't cut it.

I come in peace, but must make comment on this - both goaltenders have been much better since early Dec. Medina's % was .840ish and Piiroinen was .860 or something. Tonight's game was an outlier in an otherwise stellar month-and-a-half for both guys.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
I come in peace, but must make comment on this - both goaltenders have been much better since early Dec. Medina's % was .840ish and Piiroinen was .860 or something. Tonight's game was an outlier in an otherwise stellar month-and-a-half for both guys.
Not sold on Piiroinen but Medina looked pretty solid. Made some nice saves in the 3rd while being left hung out to dry by his defense.

Reactions: TheGremlin

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London Knights head coach Dale Hunter gets career win 800 in Windsor

A 6-3 victory on Thursday night in Windsor gave the London Knights their ninth victory in 10 games and head coach Dale Hunter his 800th career victory in the Ontario Hockey League.
Hunter is the fastest coach to reach 800 wins and trails only Brian Kilrea (1193 victories) and the late Bert Templeton (907) on the all-time OHL wins list.
If you were watching as the final horn sounded, you would have had a hard time finding a hint that Hunter had reached another milestone. It was business as usual departing the bench.
“He doesn’t really get caught up [in numbers] like that,” said Knights assistant coach Dylan Hunter.
“I bet he wouldn’t even know if somebody didn’t bring it up. Day in and day out he just loves it. He watches games and he enjoys taking about [hockey].
“It’s not about the win column or where they place. For a lot of guys it’s just natural to want to be at the top; for him, it’s trying to find new things in the game.”
Dale Hunter got a salute from his players on the way home and took some time to reflect on the accomplishment.
“You feel a little old to begin with,” he said, smiling.
“A lot of good players have come through and I’m watching some of them like Rick Nash retire from the National Hockey League. When you get to a number [like this], you know you have had some good teams and good players.”
“We played a sound defensive game,” he pointed out. “Everybody chipped in and we had solid goaltending and that helps out a lot.”
Brett Brochu made 33 saves in net and Luke Evangelista and Nathan Dunkley each scored a goal and added two assists.
London Knights head coach Dale Hunter gets career win 800 in Windsor

Reactions: Buttsy and Fastpace

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
No problem. I think the announcers mentioned their better stats of late.

Reactions: zman77

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
I wonder if Brochu is going to get a look from NHL scouts? It's his draft year and he's basically not being mentioned anywhere at all.

The height is probably a big factor but he's a late 02 (in 6 days he would be eligible for next year's draft) so he may still have room to grow.

Reactions: zman77 and nelli27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad