London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

And of course technically not Alumni but our fearless leader Dale! 1020 (?) points and also leads by far any 1000 point guy in penalty minutes. Sometimes forget he was actually one heck of a hockey player in his day. Keep in mind it was a much different game back then. Remembered a lot for his hit on Turgeon (Ok a little late??) but it was Turgeon the same guy that sat on the bench in the WJC bench clearing brawl (only guy) because he wasn’t on the team to fight! Man just go out there and tie up the smallest Russian so your own teammates aren’t outnumbered? Found this fact out years later lost all respect for Turgeon and actually gained some back for Dale! Otto (my moral compass) before you go there yes I meant it. LOL

Last edited:

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
As soon as Stranges had his little "tour" and gaffe in front of the net yesterday in the 2nd...Dale turned to his right and barked at Steadman.

When Stranges cut infront with the puck I thought hes going to be keeping the bench warm for a while lol
Funny thing is Merkley did the same thing a few seconds later he wasnt benched :sarcasm:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
but it was Turgeon the same guy that sat on the bench in the WJC bench clearing brawl (only guy) because he wasn’t on the team to fight! Man just go out there and tie up the smallest Russian so your own teammates aren’t outnumbered? Found this fact out years later lost all respect for Turgeon and actually gained some back for Dale! Otto (my moral compass) before you go there yes I meant it. LOL

A very good read:

Gare Joyce’s book “When the Lights Went Out”.

All about the 1987 WJC brawl. And yes, Turgeon sat around while teammates were getting double teamed by Russians during the brawl. He never lived it down and carried it throughout his career.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
A very good read:

All about the 1987 WJC brawl. And yes, Turgeon sat around while teammates were getting double teamed by Russians during the brawl. He never lived it down and carried it throughout his career.
Gare Joyce's book about the scouting and drafting a player 'Future Greats and Heartbreaks" is a superb book as well.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
A little trivia question to help pass the time...

In 2014 the Knights traded 3 second round, 2 third round and a sixth round pick for Victor Mete. The other team also received a compensatory first round pick the next year. Who did that team pick in 2015??

The first correct answer gets bragging rights.

Reactions: zman77

Drop the Puck

Apr 28, 2016
Reactions: zman77

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
A little trivia question to help pass the time...

In 2014 the Knights traded 3 second round, 2 third round and a sixth round pick for Victor Mete. The other team also received a compensatory first round pick the next year. Who did that team pick in 2015??

The first correct answer gets bragging rights.

I pointed out that Markus Phillips was the compensatory pick in Mete trade back on Page 13

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
He never lived it down and carried it throughout his career.

Wiki says he is the highest scoring forward (1327 points) currently not inducted into the HHOF. Perhaps he is still carrying it? Even though he is not my favourite player I would think he should be inducted?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
A very good read:

I've got a copy of this game on DVD. Complete with the interactions between Don Cherry & Brian Williams . .a classic.

I've also got a copy of the "Good Friday Massacre" between the Canadiens and the Nordiques which saw our Hunter Brothers square-off (among others) I've been begging Mike Stubbs to set up a time for us to watch the game together with Mark & Dale .. it's on my bucket list :laugh:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I've got a copy of this game on DVD. Complete with the interactions between Don Cherry & Brian Williams . .a classic.

I've also got a copy of the "Good Friday Massacre" between the Canadiens and the Nordiques which saw our Hunter Brothers square-off (among others) I've been begging Mike Stubbs to set up a time for us to watch the game together with Mark & Dale .. it's on my bucket list :laugh:

I had it on VHS years ago. Not the whole game, but I popped in a blank tape and started recording just when the brawl started. I also recorded every subsequent news clip, replay, interview, etc etc on the same tape.

Of course being on VHS, eventually the tape deteriorated to the point it was unwatchable.

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Should be a good test on the road in Windsor tomorrow night. This game may give us some indication of what this teams potential can be? Say what you want about Windsor but basically they just keep winning. Must admit didn’t really see this coming at the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->