London Knights 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015

Nice catch DTP.
Matt Campbell: Understands the crux of the situation with most of the possible trades in the OHL.
He says:

In terms of limiting trades, it can safely be assumed that most players selected early in the OHL draft will have a no-trade clause. In addition, all players in high school have no trade clauses, league wide.
At the trade deadline, the players most coveted by contending teams, such as Canadian World Junior golden goal scorer Akil Thomas from Niagara, were high draft picks likely to have a no-trade clause and the ability to pick and choose which contending team, if any, they are willing to accept a trade to.
On the flip side, the players the rebuilding teams are targeting in negotiations will be younger, high drafted 16- and 17-year-old players to help them in future seasons — high school-aged players with a no-trade clause of their own.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
To get those guys, you’ll need to give up Rolofs. But it’s the price of doing business. The Knights drafted 3 guys in or near the first round the year before. They’ll be fine

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Nice catch DTP.
Matt Campbell: Understands the crux of the situation with most of the possible trades in the OHL.
He says:

In terms of limiting trades, it can safely be assumed that most players selected early in the OHL draft will have a no-trade clause. In addition, all players in high school have no trade clauses, league wide.
At the trade deadline, the players most coveted by contending teams, such as Canadian World Junior golden goal scorer Akil Thomas from Niagara, were high draft picks likely to have a no-trade clause and the ability to pick and choose which contending team, if any, they are willing to accept a trade to.
On the flip side, the players the rebuilding teams are targeting in negotiations will be younger, high drafted 16- and 17-year-old players to help them in future seasons — high school-aged players with a no-trade clause of their own.

I also posted that thought as a possibility a couple pages back.
The leverage and control of movement has slowly shifted.

Reactions: zman77

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
You think there is any chance if London strikes out on Thomas, Noel, Lodnia they come to Sarnia for McGregor or Josling?

Mark Hunter drafted McGregor with Toronto & since he has taken a huge step.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
You think there is any chance if London strikes out on Thomas, Noel, Lodnia they come to Sarnia for McGregor or Josling?

Mark Hunter drafted McGregor with Toronto & since he has taken a huge step.

yes I think there’s a great chance London is in on these guys

Not many of the contenders have OA spots. London and Windsor are the teams that can clearly upgrade theirs.

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
Mark has a habit of making trades no one has even mentioned. I wouldn't be shocked.
I also wouldn't be shocked if he does nothing.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Mark has a habit of making trades no one has even mentioned. I wouldn't be shocked.
I also wouldn't be shocked if he does nothing.
Mark should check in with Barrie about Ryan Suzuki. I dont think they would move him but you never know

Reactions: sbpointer

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
IceDogs board (not on HF) seems to think it’s Thomas, Lodnia to Sudbury for McCallum (03), Bulitka and picks.

No idea if it’s true, it’s not any of the four teams Insiders listed.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I think its time the OHL allows teams to trade 1st rd picks a year ahead like they do in thr WHL and QMJHL

Reactions: Fastpace

thegill

Dec 30, 2009
allowing trade of 1st rounders is not a good idea - only things left to protect GM's from trading away all its future

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
We should see some OA movement today as thr deadlines tomorrow at noon id love upgrade both Tymkin and Nelson but i have a feeling we will be stuck with Tymkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad