London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
But yet you both keep coming back to read it? And comment occassionally on the poor content?
Step up and improve the conversation. As you see fit. It would be appreciated.
I've read both of your posts over a long period of time on more than this board. You can add value to to the discussion and I wish you would. Do so instead of just reading as is obviously happening.
Ignore the posters that make ya bite your tongue off. Easy solution.

Last edited:

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Formenton-Foudy-Dunkley
McMichael-Moskal-Rowe
Stranges-Guskov-Popov
Tymkin-Panwar-Evangelista-Nelson-Duhart

Regula-Bouchard
Coome-Boqvist
Golden-Perrott
Bangs/Keane

Raaymakers/Kooy

Trade
Whittaker, Cottom, Turko, Fallowfeild

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Formenton-Foudy-Dunkley
McMichael-Moskal-Rowe
Stranges-Guskov-Popov
Tymkin-Panwar-Evangelista-Nelson-Duhart

Regula-Bouchard
Coome-Boqvist
Golden-Perrott
Bangs/Keane

Raaymakers/Kooy

Trade
Whittaker, Cottom, Turko, Fallowfeild

That's pretty good lineup right there, perhaps just by the way Popov finished off the season last spring he should move up to second line duty, the rest of the roster is all fine by me. IMHO

Reactions: zman77
But yet you both keep coming back to read it? And comment occassionally on the poor content?
Step up and improve the conversation. As you see fit. It would be appreciated.
I've read both of your posts over a long period of time on more than this board. You can add value to to the discussion and I wish you would. Do so instead of just reading as is obviously happening.
Ignore the posters that make ya bite your tongue off. Easy solution.
Unfortunately RVE the ship sailed in early December of last year. Just not the same my friend.

Reactions: aresknights

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Would the knights have interest in Wilde its said he wants to play in a more predominant Market then Saginaw

Reactions: LDN
Would the knights have interest in Wilde its said he wants to play in a more predominant Market then Saginaw
I don't think you can get any more predominant in the CHL than London. It will be interesting to see the direction the Knights take. Losing both Bouchard and Formenton would be a huge blow, but we're dealt a huge blow year after year and still emerge as a competitive team. Part and parcel of the fact the OHL is pretty watered down after the top 5 or 6 teams every season. You still have a certain amount of parity on any given night, but you don't have to look any further than the top 1/2 dozen franchises the past decade and know they are going to be in the top 1/2 of the league on any given season.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I don't think you can get any more predominant in the CHL than London. It will be interesting to see the direction the Knights take. Losing both Bouchard and Formenton would be a huge blow, but we're dealt a huge blow year after year and still emerge as a competitive team. Part and parcel of the fact the OHL is pretty watered down after the top 5 or 6 teams every season. You still have a certain amount of parity on any given night, but you don't have to look any further than the top 1/2 dozen franchises the past decade and know they are going to be in the top 1/2 of the league on any given season.

I agree with everything in this post PhlyerPhanatic31

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Former Knights scout Lindsay Hofford now asst GM and director of scouting for Arizona. Mark Hunter still looking.

Reactions: Fastpace

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Former Knights scout Lindsay Hofford now asst GM and director of scouting for Arizona. Mark Hunter still looking.

Is Mark looking for an AGM job? That far sway from home? Do tell.

Do you know Hoffords history n connection to the Hunters.....
Im sure Mark is happy for him considering the above and Hofford happy for all the opportunity Mark gave him.

Reactions: TheCoach and zman77

rolf smitty

May 20, 2013
Is Mark looking for an AGM job? That far sway from home? Do tell.

Do you know Hoffords history n connection to the Hunters.....
Im sure Mark is happy for him considering the above and Hofford happy for all the opportunity Mark gave him.
dunno; does location have anything to do with it? that narrows the field

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
I get the feeling that Mark Hunter is waiting for the inevitable Marc Bergevin firing in Montreal.

Reactions: LDN

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
i think marks choice to not take or pursue a GM job has to do with personal reasons

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
He'd never get the job in Montreal because he is not a Francophone. I love Max Domi but they got fleeced in that deal as the Drouin trade. There drafting has been horrendous and when they get a blue chipper they trade him to Tampa and picks ffs. The franchise is a dysfunctional as it gets and I used to be a Habs fan but seriously gave the hell up because the GM and Coach hires. They never hire the best person for the job as they prioritize you have to be French and it shows as they are rolling downhill.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
He'd never get the job in Montreal because he is not a Francophone. I love Max Domi but they got fleeced in that deal as the Drouin trade. There drafting has been horrendous and when they get a blue chipper they trade him to Tampa and picks ffs. The franchise is a dysfunctional as it gets and I used to be a Habs fan but seriously gave the hell up because the GM and Coach hires. They never hire the best person for the job as they prioritize you have to be French and it shows as they are rolling downhill.

This is not so superdee, not being francophone has never been a problem for the GM position in Montreal, hystories proves it. Mark Hunter is the preferred choice as a replacement to Bergevin in recent polls. Many francophones like to be able to communicate with their idols, mostly players « pour parlé en français avec les jeunes » to « be able to speak in French with the kids ». Kids need to grow and identify themselves with the sport in order to develop, they also grow up to be adults fans of the team and ticket holders with an English education to deal with , let’s say English coaches and GMs. No problems whatsoever with none francophones with Les Canadiens de Montréal club.

Yes there are some extremists who will preach for the whole team to only communicate in French, but only a very small minority. Mark Hunter would and will be welcomed in Montréal with open arms, he’s being compared to another Montreal GM great Sam Pollock (English) who was at the position for around 15 years and built dynasty teams.

Just for the record, being French Canadian myself borned and raised in Quebec I have not been a fan of Montreal ever since les Nordiques de Québec came in the league, and now am a devoted Leafs fans since Mitch Marner became a Leafs player.

Last edited:

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I would slit my wrists before I became a Leafs fan.

I slitted my wrists and smashed down my mother's favorite rockin chair from angers in 1967 the night the Leafs won the Stanley Cup. The wrists healed up but my butt is still soar to this day (lol), Mark Hunter in my opinion should have been pick for the Leafs GM job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad