London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
A lot has to shake out at camp and early first few months of the season.
As referenced by SeaofBlue kids are going to rotated in n out.
I think Perrott thou has a spot secured.
Turko is another the staff has always liked alot, in terms of playing the way they want, so I expect him in the lineup more often then the pressbox ( unless moved) He is the one I feel may be the kid people complain is getting time over rookies.
The 4 true rookies will get time with Stanges playing most often if not 80% or more of games. And I expect Gustov to play the first half the year as a 3rd line F.
Its going to be alot of fun watch shake out for sure.
SofB also nailed the Q as an option if bodies arent moved in the O. I also thought that was a legit option for a kid like Fallowfield til he forced his way to get a shot in the O.

Reactions: boknows and zman77

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
He's a 1st round prospect. All of them have a lot of value, because not all of them have the right opportunities right out of the gate. If a team likes what he brings, and has a spot for him, they'd target him if they were to sell a bigger piece to London.

It's very possible Rowe could become another Christian Thomas type of a deal, if the right player is available to the Knights for him. but then again we all remember the scoring machine Thomas turned out to be with Oshawa

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
July 24, 2018
KNIGHTS SIGN 2018 IMPORT PICK

Guskov-1024x1100.jpg

The London Knights are pleased to announce that the team has agreed to an OHL Standard Players Agreement with Russian import pick, Matvey Guskov. Guskov was the Knights’ first-round selection in the 2018 CHL Import Draft, taken 36th overall.
“We are very pleased to have signed Matvey and look forward to him playing in London next season,” said London Knights’ General Manager, Rob Simpson. “Matvey is a highly-skilled centre who will bring fans to their feet with explosive plays and his dynamic ability.”
The 2001-born forward will be entering his NHL Draft eligible season where he has been recognized as a potential first-round selection.
Playing for CSKA Moskva in the Russian U17 League last season, the highly-skilled centre scored 14 goals for 32 points in 25 games played.
Matvey Guskov
Centre
Born: January 30, 2001 – Russia
Height – 6.01 Weight 159lbs
SeasonTeamLeagueGPGAPTS
2017-18CSKA Moskva U17Russia U1725141832
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: LDN and Fastpace

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
hockeyfan9102; If Formenton does not return this season, do you realize that the remaining 13 players you mention as the forward group for this season have a total of 82 goals scored in 2017? A major leap forward will need to occur for this team to compete for a top spot in the Western Conference. Your roster may very well be more suited for a big push for 2019-20 season.

I'd expect a climb in essentially all of those forwards and with the adding of Guskov and potentially Gruden, i'd say it looks like a decent team.

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
hockeyfan9102; If Formenton does not return this season, do you realize that the remaining 13 players you mention as the forward group for this season have a total of 82 goals scored in 2017? A major leap forward will need to occur for this team to compete for a top spot in the Western Conference. Your roster may very well be more suited for a big push for 2019-20 season.

A lot of those guys took huge steps forward in the 2nd half though. Extrapolate their 2nd half numbers and it's a bit of a different story.

It also seems like there's a ton of players poised for a step forward. McMichael is certainly one guy.

Reactions: Drop the Puck

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Another thing to remember is that London finished 26-12-2 in their last 40 games. That goes back to December 8th - right around when the top players started leaving for the World Juniors. Might have been a bit overshadowed by the disappointing playoffs but that's pretty fantastic for a team that sold off their pieces. They traded the top guns and more or less kept pace, if not better.

Thinking London is a legitimate title contender this year - a little ahead of schedule.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Thinking if either Formenton and or Bouchard especially both make their respective NHL teams a middle of the road team best.
Not enough depth on forward and defense then, only in goal,and if Formenton and Bouchard don't return and I think they won't, London then should consider dealing overage goalie Raaymakers,who after Michael Dipietro would be the highest sought after goaltender,plus it would allow NHL drafted goalie Kooy to develop more rather then playing behind Raaymakers.
With Foudy and Dunkley the only real proven forwards upfront,and Regula on the backend,too much youth and inexperience everywhere else, London fans need to patient,no need to rush,I expect Windsor and London in real competition with each other next year and the year after.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
It's very possible Rowe could become another Christian Thomas type of a deal, if the right player is available to the Knights for him. but then again we all remember the scoring machine Thomas turned out to be with Oshawa

Different situation.

Reactions: LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Thinking if either Formenton and or Bouchard especially both make their respective NHL teams a middle of the road team best.
Not enough depth on forward and defense then, only in goal,and if Formenton and Bouchard don't return and I think they won't, London then should consider dealing overage goalie Raaymakers,who after Michael Dipietro would be the highest sought after goaltender,plus it would allow NHL drafted goalie Kooy to develop more rather then playing behind Raaymakers.
With Foudy and Dunkley the only real proven forwards upfront,and Regula on the backend,too much youth and inexperience everywhere else, London fans need to patient,no need to rush,I expect Windsor and London in real competition with each other next year and the year after.
I expect our 2 Imports to make significant contributions: Boqvist (D), first round NHL 2018, and Guskov (F), projected first round NHL 2019. Guskov, McMichael, Dunkley, Popov, Moskal, and Foudy will have to carry much of the offensive load. Stranges should be fun to watch. I don't think the goal totals of our returning forwards means much. I'm confident that we'll see improvements across the board. Not sure how we stack up to other teams.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Ill take London next year and the year after hands down.

Windsor hasn't bettered London "head to head" in 7 years. Regular season or in playoffs.
Hopefully that does change.London needs a rivalry ;)

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Aresknights

Why do you always attack and challenge when I come on here
Do I do the same when you visit the Windsor board and troll me,and you visit 10x more times then I do here.
Why can't you be classy like Nelli and Fastpace.A little civility won't hurt ya.
I will get back to you on your proposal I never bet when it comes to Jr Hockey but could be persuaded in this case.

Reactions: webegtodiffer

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Um, yes you do and to everyone who doesnt tow the party line and talk all superlatives and positives lol.

I never go to Spits board and demean a kid unsolicited as you have here or always (100%) post negative or wishful thinking there as you have here lol.

The rest Ill leave for PM

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Aresknights

Do I do the same when you visit the Windsor board and troll me,and you visit 10x more times then I do here.
Why can't you be classy like Nelli and Fastpace.A little civility won't hurt ya.
I will get back to you on your proposal I never bet when it comes to Jr Hockey but could be persuaded in this case.

Nelli is a very classy poster. I don't have his gift of gab or patience, or restraint ;) Nor do you. In that we have a commonality.

I look forward to your proposal. (and have no problem it being public but understand if you prefer it not and will respect that) not for personal gain, it is for a cause of your choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: zman77 and TheCoach

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

They were already better than a middle of the road team last year. Now everyone gets a year older, add Stranges, Boqvist, Guskov and lose just ONE of Formenton/Bouchard...hard to see them not improving.

26-12-2 down the stretch.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
They were already better than a middle of the road team last year. Now everyone gets a year older, add Stranges, Boqvist, Guskov and lose just ONE of Formenton/Bouchard...hard to see them not improving.

26-12-2 down the stretch.

Lose both, and with picks available in the cupboard, future projected high NHL pick (euro pick Gustov) a top 2/3 talent avail in rookie draft signed (Stranges), 3/4 top 40 picks all told, potential 1st rd NHL pick on D showing up (Boqvist - not counting on it but non the less ;)), 1st rd NHL pick Foudys return and tradeable assets in excess young OHL talented Fs they are still set up well.
McMichael/Popov as late additions last year as kids with talent....
As solid a G duo as in the O.
Perrott is as solid as any rookie D Spits had last year returns. Add Regula....... Plus whatever returns ;)

HL would be giddy over that potential if the Spits were set up similarly. But we know the goalposts get moved depending on narrative.
Pts returning not withstanding London has more talent ainec.
If it turns into success? Another story. Ill be the first to say that.
Time will tell.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCoach

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Knights forward lands fill-in role at world showcase tourney

Ryan Pyette
Updated: July 24, 2018

Liam Foudy was still snoozing when another unexpected journey came ringing along at the last second.
“I got up and checked that I had missed a call from Saskatchewan,” the London Knights forward said. “I don’t get too many calls from out there. Usually, it’s going to be someone from Hockey Canada. Something clicked that it was probably going to be an invite to the (World Junior Summer Showcase tournament).
“You’ve got to be pretty excited to be invited to a world junior camp.”
Foudy leaves his Scarborough home this weekend for the event, which features games against the United States, Sweden and Finland at Kamloops, B.C.
He is one of three emergency fill-ins for a handful of players that can’t make it. One of them is his old Knights captain Robert Thomas.
“It’s unfortunate he’s unable to go because of his injury,” the 18-year-old said, “but it’s nice to get that call. I’ve been training this whole time. I want to go to this first camp, play really well there, have a good start to the season and hopefully, get an invite to the (selection) camp in December.”
Foudy knows the drill.
All you need is a skate in the door. Then, it’s up to you to prove your worth.
That was the story of his sophomore OHL season. His rise in the hockey world started shortly after he was named as an injury replacement to the Top Prospects Game in Guelph.
He followed up a strong outing there with a torrid second half, racking up 20 goals and 33 of his 40 points during that late stretch, many of them critical to Knights victories.
That improved production, his raw speed, his performance at the under-18 worlds and his dominant display of athleticism at the NHL combine convinced the Blue Jackets to select him 18th overall at last month’s draft.
“I had no idea at all,” Foudy said. “I thought I would go between 25 and 40, and you don’t want to get your hopes up too much (about going in the first round). The (pre-draft) meeting with Columbus was the same as the others, nothing too special. When I heard them say, ‘From the London Knights . . .’ I didn’t know what to think. Regs (d-man Alec Regula, maybe)? Then, I heard my name and I thought that was pretty cool.”
He flew home from Dallas that Sunday, then zipped to Ohio the following morning to start development camp. He spoke with Basil McRae, the former Knights GM and now the Blue Jackets director of player personnel, received text messages from the current Columbus players wishing him luck and entertained a number of interview requests while strutting his stuff on-ice.
“Kole Sherwood, the ex-Knight, was there and (London mate) Billy (Moskal) and I were on the same team for the three-on-three tournament,” he said. “It’s nice to know a few guys there. That’s always helpful. It’s the same out west (where Evan Bouchard and Alex Formenton will be part of the Canadian squad and Regula on the American team).”
Foudy’s younger brother Jean-Luc, a Windsor Spitfires first-rounder, is currently at Hockey Canada’s under-17 development camp in Calgary. He’s a little lighter in the wallet, too, after failing to top Liam’s two-year-old Ontario junior boys 300m hurdles at the OFSAA track and field meet last month.
“He bet me he would beat it and he didn’t,” Liam said. “He was a second off my record, so I got a nice 20 (bucks) from him.
“We’ve been training together this summer and pushing each other. I give him some advice about the OHL — but not too much.”
Jean-Luc’s first regular-season game this fall, after all, will be against his brother at Budweiser Gardens.
Knights forward lands fill-in role at world showcase tourney

Reactions: Fastpace

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
People keep saying that next year is our year. Well, we are probably not gonna have Evan Bouchard, Adam Boqvist, Alex Formenton and a solid goaltending tandem in Joseph Raaymakers and Jordan Kooy next year, so I think this has to be a go for it year, especially if Formenton and Bouchard come back. Back in the 2012 season, coaches and people were saying “next year” for the Knights is the goal, and low and behold we won the OHL title and was one goal away from the Memorial Cup.

We can still be building for next year too, even with Formenton, Boqvist, Bouchard graduating, we could be looking at Stranges being our team leader and Vlasic coming over to fill the void left by Boqvist and Bouchard and Kooy being one year more experienced! We should be fine next year too!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Aresknights

Thank You for your kind words of recognition hockeylegend11.

Sometime it does bring us down to the world of reality when we hear opposition views, hope you will not be deterred by a very few on this board and you will continue to bring us some well appreciated outside views.

After all aren’t we not all under the same big umbrella of the hockey game we all love so much

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Aresknights

Sensitive much? It's a Knights board.. deal with it or don't post... pretty simple really

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
"Well the Russian is Coming". After a bout 9 NHL games we will know what is for sure and what isn't. Aresknight at least the Legend in his own mind doesn't keep throwing out there that the Knights are "Cheaters" without proof. He just loves his Spitfires and hates the Knights.their fans and anybody within 4o miles of London. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad