London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
HAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Are you serious? Give me 2 names of office or bench staff that are currently employed by an NHL team. Not a single person off the Knights bench has made an impact in the sport. But sure, with Mark and Dale failing in the NHL in a spectacular fashion, keep telling yourselves these NHL 1st rounders are leaving their NCAA commitment to play on London, and it's not for the money

Basil McRae,David Rook,Jim Mckeller do you want or need more?? Dale was offered a contract by Washington but turned it down. But i'm sure you were aware of that also...

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
HAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Are you serious? Give me 2 names of office or bench staff that are currently employed by an NHL team. Not a single person off the Knights bench has made an impact in the sport. But sure, with Mark and Dale failing in the NHL in a spectacular fashion, keep telling yourselves these NHL 1st rounders are leaving their NCAA commitment to play on London, and it's not for the money

Gary Agnew
Mike Kelly

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
HAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Mike Lowry ?

-Who is he to fulfill his request of naming on the same page of his name the long list of former Knights builders currently employed by NHL teams and other pro leagues?

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Didn’t Dale take a non-playoff team to the playoffs and knock out the defending champions in the first round...

Sure, he failed so spectacularly

Reactions: LDN

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Whatever success or failure the Hunters have experienced at the NHL level is entirely irrelevant to their success at the OHL level. It's their OHL success alone that concerns me.
Here's another example:
Brian Kilrea is a legendary coaching figure at the junior ranks (67's) but that success did not follow him to the NHL (edit: NYI).
Case closed...

Last edited:

jamemcca

Oct 6, 2014
HAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

misha donskov pretty big in hockey Canada and the Vegas golden knights....

Basil McRae
Rob Ramage
Jim MKellar
Lindsay Hofford
Mark Hunter
Dale Hunter

Need I go on

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Mark was hired by the Leafs to build their farm system and draft some talent into the organization. Let me see the Leafs made the playoffs and the Marlies won the AHL Championship. My God what a failure that is. I can almost bet they start going in the other direction now. This years draft sucked in my opinion. If their combined draft plays a hundred NHL games I will be shocked as hell.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Mark was hired by the Leafs to build their farm system and draft some talent into the organization. Let me see the Leafs made the playoffs and the Marlies won the AHL Championship. My God what a failure that is. I can almost bet they start going in the other direction now. This years draft sucked in my opinion. If their combined draft plays a hundred NHL games I will be shocked as hell.

personally not a fan of this draft and even the last few where they seem to pick a bunch of re-entries. has worked on a couple guys but not personally a fan. but to say hunter's a failure lol i don't think so

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
Whatever success or failure the Hunters have experienced at the NHL level is entirely irrelevant to their success at the OHL level. It's their OHL success alone that concerns me.
Here's another example:
Brian Kilrea is a legendary coaching figure at the junior ranks (67's) but that success did not follow him to the NHL (Chicago).
Case closed...
I think Kilrea was assistant coach of NY Islanders for 1 year only

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
CauqAR0N_bigger.jpg
OHLInsiders(.com)‏ @OHLInsiders Jul 24

London Knights changing the way they do 50/50 draws this year by taking it electronic. Last year they implemented new security measures, this year 50/50 goes electronic, maybe next year they'll have electronic concessions like McDonald's.
Always something with those Knights!

This is actually a good thing. Many pro teams use this format and it's a lot better. Not to mention the Knights have actually hired people to work the 50/50 ... so they have created jobs.

One of the barriers under the old system for a charity to be involved in the 50/50 was getting the required amount of volunteers... now they wont have to... opens up the field for everyone to have a chance.

Reactions: boknows and zman77

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Keith Tkachuk if anything needs a big year offensively to bring him to top level league, he's big and strong on quick skates he has hockey knowledge with very good vision on the ice from all reports. What he has not have since his early bantam age is a big offensive year to help with his scoring confidence, don't think he can have that with the Sens or Belleville this season. London is the best option for him to fulfill that need, even if he does not sign pro contract 34 games season at the college level still would not help him any faster to the Sens roster. IMHO
Keith might be a little too old to suit up for the Knights.:)

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Ken Warren has pointed out that the only two Senators to play an entire season in Ottawa in the year they were drafted were Radek Bonk and Alexandre Daigle. (Ottawa Sun, Aug. 12, 2018)

Odds are Brady will spend this season in London or Belleville. And early reports suggest that London would be the likelier of the two destinations if he doesn't crack the Sens' lineup.
Just sayin'...

Otto

HAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Delete your account now

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
kUtw9Kfv_bigger.jpg
Joey Battaino ‏ @joeybattaino Aug 11

There’s a slim chance, but a chance nonetheless, that three of the top 10 picks
in the 2018
#NHLDraft play for the London Knights this season.
Ladies and gentleman, the OHL’s Western Conference.

Reactions: Fastpace

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
kUtw9Kfv_bigger.jpg
Joey Battaino ‏ @joeybattaino Aug 11

There’s a slim chance, but a chance nonetheless, that three of the top 10 picks
in the 2018
#NHLDraft play for the London Knights this season.
Ladies and gentleman, the OHL’s Western Conference.

Probably greater than 50% chance really

Matt93

Sep 30, 2005
This is actually a good thing. Many pro teams use this format and it's a lot better. Not to mention the Knights have actually hired people to work the 50/50 ... so they have created jobs.

One of the barriers under the old system for a charity to be involved in the 50/50 was getting the required amount of volunteers... now they wont have to... opens up the field for everyone to have a chance.

I think there is still an element of volunteers. My son will be playing Junior Knights this season and the team has already said there is a 50/50 night we need to volunteer at.

Edit: I forgot to mention his coach will be Josh Beaulieu :)

Reactions: LDN and Otto

Otto

I think there is still an element of volunteers. My son will be playing Junior Knights this season and the team has already said there is a 50/50 night we need to volunteer at.

Edit: I forgot to mention his coach will be Josh Beaulieu :)

Interesting, I wonder if the job postings were more for behind the scenes/administrative type things, or maybe they will change the duities of the volunteers.

the man22

Jun 11, 2014
Interesting, I wonder if the job postings were more for behind the scenes/administrative type things, or maybe they will change the duities of the volunteers.

From what I was told.

The Knights alumni is now in charge of this. I was told they will have a couple of "Knights staff" to teach the system to the volunteers running it and to make sure the system is working properly.

Reactions: Otto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad