London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
according to capfriendly, ottawa has 13 nhl forwards signed, not including Logan Brown, Alex Formenton, or Brady Tkachuk. my guess is that both Formenton and Tkachuk play in London. that being said, here's my stab at the lineup:

Formenton-Guskov-Tkachuk
Dunkley-Foudy-Popov
Stranges-Moskal-Tymkin
Duhart/Panwar-McMichael-Rowe/Evangelista

Jr. B/waived- Turko, Cottam
Trade- Nelson, Whittaker (I think he could play for a Flint/Peterborough)

Regula-Bouchard
Coome-Boqvist
Golden-Perrott
Fallowfield

Jr. B/waived- Bangs, Whittaker

I think Guskov will need some time to adjust, so I can't see him starting on the top line. Foudy played most of the 2nd half of last season at RW, so I'm assuming he stays there and I think Tkachuk would play centre before RW. It's been a while, but he has lined up at centre in the past. Also, I have a feeling Turko will be in the mix.....Dale seems to like him.....and I think Perrott is more top-4 ready than Coome. Fallowfield.....well, he has good size. :)

If I were an opposing GM, I'd take a chance on Nelson, but I think he's worn out his welcome here.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Trade for the rights to Joel Farabee haha! He seems to be killing it on Tkachuks wing. London seems to have a connection with trading players rights with Flint, with Sonny Milano and Jack Roslovic.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I think Guskov will need some time to adjust, so I can't see him starting on the top line. Foudy played most of the 2nd half of last season at RW, so I'm assuming he stays there and I think Tkachuk would play centre before RW. It's been a while, but he has lined up at centre in the past. Also, I have a feeling Turko will be in the mix.....Dale seems to like him.....and I think Perrott is more top-4 ready than Coome. Fallowfield.....well, he has good size. :)

If I were an opposing GM, I'd take a chance on Nelson, but I think he's worn out his welcome here.

I agree. Turko is a kid they like.
When London drafted Perrott I was very happy n knew he would grow on the fans quickly.
Its going to be a battle for PT even thou I dont see any spots open for surprises out of camp. Maybe 1 D.
Lots of flexibility for the staff in terms of rotating kids in and out of the lineup and potential trade bait. Any1 without a team first or poor attitude will be sidelined. (As was done last year)

Im excited (like everyone else lol) to see how this shakes out.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
Popov could very well be used (instead of Stranges) at RW. Joe Kennedy was a free agent, appeared at the Mini Camp....young, physical type of D. None of the other young D have impressed me to the point where I like any of their potential over his.
Wonder if the knights have tested the waters on Wilde

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
My best-case scenario forward group:

Tkachuk-Moskal-Foudy
Formenton-Guskov-Dunkley
Stranges-McMichael-Popov

Panwar, Evangelista, Tymkin, Nelson, Whittaker, DuHart - some combination of that to round out the team. No doubt trades will have to be made.

That top 9 has the potential to be the very best in the OHL.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Rob Simpson will likely get an NHL offer (Scout Asst. GM...)
I think Simpson is someone who is more than ready for a position in some capacity with an NHL team.

I'm assuming (hoping?) that Hunter's return didn't result in a pay cut for Simpson.

What does Simpson want? A future in the OHL where he would probably do fine as a GM elsewhere (although that would probably mean moving his family, although I think his kids are pretty young)...or to try to break into scouting in NHL which probably wouldn't require a move?

In any event, he's always done well with whatever job he's been given with the Knights, is a hard worker, a good person, etc. I'm sure he'll be successful whether it's with the Knights or elsewhere.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
FbwRlRLB_bigger.jpg
Jeff Marek‏Verified account @JeffMarek 12h12 hours ago

Snooping around on the Brady Tkachuk story, there is a strong belief from most
corners that he ends up playing with the London Knights this season.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Ryan Pyette‏Verified account @RyanatLFPress 13h13 hours ago

Three ways this could go for the London Knights:
(a) they get both of Formenton and Brady Tkachuk;
(b) one of them;
(c) neither.
We'll all be watching the Sens camp awfully close.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
CauqAR0N_bigger.jpg
OHLInsiders(.com)‏ @OHLInsiders Jul 24

London Knights changing the way they do 50/50 draws this year by taking it electronic. Last year they implemented new security measures, this year 50/50 goes electronic, maybe next year they'll have electronic concessions like McDonald's.
Always something with those Knights!

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
I think Simpson is someone who is more than ready for a position in some capacity with an NHL team.

I'm assuming (hoping?) that Hunter's return didn't result in a pay cut for Simpson.

What does Simpson want? A future in the OHL where he would probably do fine as a GM elsewhere (although that would probably mean moving his family, although I think his kids are pretty young)...or to try to break into scouting in NHL which probably wouldn't require a move?

In any event, he's always done well with whatever job he's been given with the Knights, is a hard worker, a good person, etc. I'm sure he'll be successful whether it's with the Knights or elsewhere.
Knights dont just develop the players. They develop everyone from top to bottom....honestly it is such a joy watching a world class organization! We are so fortunate to have the Hunters!

Reactions: Fastpace and zman77

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Ryan Pyette‏Verified account @RyanatLFPress 13h13 hours ago

Three ways this could go for the London Knights:
(a) they get both of Formenton and Brady Tkachuk;
(b) one of them;
(c) neither.
We'll all be watching the Sens camp awfully close.
I guess Pyette forgot about Gruden?

Reactions: zman77

bearfan

Jan 8, 2015
you do know the Sens won't waste a year off his contract to have him in the AHL at that young age...

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Keith Tkachuk if anything needs a big year offensively to bring him to top level league, he's big and strong on quick skates he has hockey knowledge with very good vision on the ice from all reports. What he has not have since his early bantam age is a big offensive year to help with his scoring confidence, don't think he can have that with the Sens or Belleville this season. London is the best option for him to fulfill that need, even if he does not sign pro contract 34 games season at the college level still would not help him any faster to the Sens roster. IMHO

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
My best-case scenario forward group:

Tkachuk-Moskal-Foudy
Formenton-Guskov-Dunkley
Stranges-McMichael-Popov

Panwar, Evangelista, Tymkin, Nelson, Whittaker, DuHart - some combination of that to round out the team. No doubt trades will have to be made.

That top 9 has the potential to be the very best in the OHL.

Personally, I see Stranges being on a line with Dunkley and splitting time at center with him while Stranges gets used to it. McMichael played RW last year I think and that would be what I expect him to do again. Popov would have to play on his off wing, but I doubt that is a big deal. London has a lot more good LW's than RW's right now.

Tkachuk-Moskal-Foudy
Formenton-Guskov-McMichael
Dunkley-Stranges-Popov
Duhart-Panwar-Evangelista
Spares: Whittaker-Turko-Pierce

That way you can also run three lines deep.

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
Knights dont just develop the players. They develop everyone from top to bottom....honestly it is such a joy watching a world class organization! We are so fortunate to have the Hunters!

HAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Are you serious? Give me 2 names of office or bench staff that are currently employed by an NHL team. Not a single person off the Knights bench has made an impact in the sport. But sure, with Mark and Dale failing in the NHL in a spectacular fashion, keep telling yourselves these NHL 1st rounders are leaving their NCAA commitment to play on London, and it's not for the money

Reactions: webegtodiffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad