London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcspirit

Jan 10, 2013
North America
It happened fast...but Provie definitely initiated the entire sequence. Lochead isn't innocent, but if anything the call should have been even up.

They did both get a penalty for the slash I am guessing Lochead said something out of bounds to Ivan and was given the game. Only a guess but they had taken him towards the box before taking him off the ice.

Penalty
2ND 11:13
#4 William Lochead Unsportsmanlike Cnd. Minor 2:00Power Play
Penalty
#4 William Lochead Slashing. Served by Sahil PanwarMinor 2:00
Penalty
#4 William Lochead Game Misc-Misc. Game Misconduct
Penalty
#50 Ivan Prosvetov Slashing Minor 2:00

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
tbh I just want us to beat Guelph, SAG and SSM before the end of the season. If we do that and play 500 hockey for all the other games thats fine...I just want us prepared for the playoffs

BTW on the Kooy front he made at least five saves in the second period he never should have made, at least three of those were grade A open net type saves where he somehow managed to either get a piece of the puck or glove it.
Saturday was actually one of the better goaltending performances the Knights have had recently. A number of 10 bell saves

GobigorGohome

Jan 31, 2017
Pt Maitland NS
Another X LK bites Dale and possers GM in the azz , First Emmet Pierce now Matthew Vella
Another goose egg for Evangilista.What is he now 25 games with Zero goals?

Reactions: LDN

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
looked to me as though our defence sucked not our goaltending - thought we had the best defencive core in the league - not tonight

You mean the entire team sucked defensively , wondering what ever happened to defense first system.

Last edited:

Gloverone2020

Oct 2, 2018
Another stinker. With a big smelly loss. Not looking good down the stretch. Better smarten up. To many stupid penalties

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
How did we go from 2 great goalies in the first half of the year to 2 crappy goalie in the second half of the year?? Someone enlighten me.. :eek:

They are not crappy, the team plays with a broken down system, it’s the whole team’s fault.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
tbh I just want us to beat Guelph, SAG and SSM before the end of the season. If we do that and play 500 hockey for all the other games thats fine...I just want us prepared for the playoffs

The Knights have not been playing well since that northern trip starting in Barrie. Lately they have been playing poorly against bottom teams, we kind of new if they play the same way against stronger teams they wouldn’t do too well.

Last edited:

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Hopefully some of this undisciplined, selfish play and extra curricular activity ends today. Dale need to nip that in the Bud at next practice. D needs to tighten up, leave some of the offense to the forwards and stop hanging your goalies out to dry on constant odd man rushes and breakaways becausese they are too busy pinching in or trying to go end to end on ther own. Forwards need to stop looking for that pretty rink wide pass and shoot the Gosh darn puck.

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
The Knights have not been playing well since that northern trip starting in Barrie. Lately they have been playing poorly against bottom teams, we kind of new if they play the same way against stronger teams they wouldn’t too well.
Yes, you could see this coming that weekend struggling against Barrie and North Bay.

Reactions: Fastpace

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Game got a bit chippy :) kudos to SSM for the W. Earned it.

It would be an interesting fiesty PO matchup.

London hasnt been playing well for a couple weeks. Time will tell if they can turn it around. Players gotta own it and get back to doing the little things that win games. Get harder on pucks, win battles ect... Getting outworked can be fixed IF the will to do so is there.

Last edited:

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Not being critical of the player, but what was the point of the trade at the deadline barrie? Appears pointless

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Another X LK bites Dale and possers GM in the azz , First Emmet Pierce now Matthew Vella
Another goose egg for Evangilista.What is he now 25 games with Zero goals?
I'm not sure what you mean. Matthew Villalta is not an ex-LK. Emanuel Vella is but he plays for the Flint Firebirds

Reactions: Otto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad