London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TF519

Jun 9, 2014
If it’s one card it’s Dellandrea or Tippet

If they have two cards it’ Vilardi and Dellandrea.

If it’s three cards then Vilardi, Tippet and McLeod

Going the other way;
Deal 1: 4 x cont’ 2nds
Deal 2:Evangelista, 1 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd, 6 x
cont’ 2nds,
Deal 3: Evangelista, Parrot, 3 x 2nds, 3 x 3rds, 4 x cont’ 2nds

Probably close to value might be a player/pick away but the Villardi and Dellandrea scenario our feeds would look like:

McMichael Villardi Formenton
Foudy Dellandrea Stranges
Guskov Moskal Dunkley
Turko Tymkin Cotter
Scratches; Panwar, Popov, Nelson,
My two top targets remain Dellandrea and Saigeon.

Rids them of Timms and Evangelista without destroying pick depth. Realize this is allegedly a soft draft coming up but next year is another in the Mem Cup window.

Plus, let's not rule out another US arrival like Cotter. Rather keep a card open for a freebie.

Reactions: KnightsWatch

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
If it’s one card it’s Dellandrea or Tippet

If they have two cards it’ Vilardi and Dellandrea.

If it’s three cards then Vilardi, Tippet and McLeod

Going the other way;
Deal 1: 4 x cont’ 2nds
Deal 2:Evangelista, 1 x 2nd, 2 x 3rd, 6 x
cont’ 2nds,
Deal 3: Evangelista, Parrot, 3 x 2nds, 3 x 3rds, 4 x cont’ 2nds

Probably close to value might be a player/pick away but the Villardi and Dellandrea scenario our feeds would look like:

McMichael Villardi Formenton
Foudy Dellandrea Stranges
Guskov Moskal Dunkley
Turko Tymkin Cotter
Scratches; Panwar, Popov, Nelson,

Never gonna happen, sorry man! These posts have gotten crazy. Do you literally think Cotter is gonna be on the fourth line for coming over and being signed by the Golden Knights??

Let’s all go outside the box and say if we literally want Dellandrea and Evangelista won’t report to Flint, the only other option is to unfortunately trade Matvei Guskov (and picks) which Hunter probably won’t do. That’s would have to be fair value for both teams and his agents other client (Kolychonok) is there as well. That would be the outside the box trade that would have to happen...

tbkght77

Oct 12, 2017
Never gonna happen, sorry man! These posts have gotten crazy. Do you literally think Cotter is gonna be on the fourth line for coming over and being signed by the Golden Knights??

Let’s all go outside the box and say if we literally want Dellandrea and Evangelista won’t report to Flint, the only other option is to unfortunately trade Matvei Guskov (and picks) which Hunter probably won’t do. That’s would have to be fair value for both teams and his agents other client (Kolychonok) is there as well. That would be the outside the box trade that would have to happen...

I don’t normally agree with you, but on this one I do. If anyone thinks Cotter will slot into a fourth line roll, they are crazy! This being said, I bet the kid would do it to help the team.....but not going to happen.

I tend to think that we still have at least two cards left. And since we really didn’t fill the need for some grit with the recent D addition(not knocking Keane...I like him), would love to move Timms in favour of a OA F with some grit. And then add a Dellandria/Tippett/Frost.

I doubt Timms will be moved, but adding a OA F would be a cheaper option(as has been pointed out). Lots out there.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
The Knights are building a contender and the best players will play where they are most useful. Will Cotter be demoted if we add two elite forwards.... yes he will.

In my opinion come playoffs Stranges cracks the top 6 and stays there, too talented not too. Someone is going to be demoted to the best bottom six in the league, if there are injuries.... and there will be injuries, those players will get their shot.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I say he’s done UNLESS Ottawa makes a huge move to make them clear favourites in the OHL. Like for example they get Hancock, Suzuki and Durzi.... then Mark would probably feel obliged to add another big piece. I expect smaller deals to take place from now to the trade deadline

Ottawa can easily over do themselves with too many acquisitions, the Knights should be view as the team to beat so Mark would probably worry about his own team and let other teams worries about their owns. Sometime reacting to another team's move can also hurt you in many other ways since there are other teams around the league that can cause surprises. Finding the team you had been putting all your eggs in to play against no longer around and then finding your team playing a team you haven't planned for can be as surprising to your team just as well.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
Sloppy game.

Evangelista looks scared out there, send the kid to Junior B to gain some confidence. If you're getting 4th line minutes when 2 forwards are outa the lineup, you have NO chance of getting in past Jan 5th

Keane Jr. needs to watch big brother Joey tie his skates..or get big bro to tie them for him. Too loose, expels too much energy

Rayzor was good to be lucky last night

Douglas is the biggest player in the OHL, I'd argue he is also the slowest. Yikes

Just a sloppy game both ways...I doubt it ranked more than a 1 on Nelli's Hedon Ranking

oh he gave it a 5...musta watched a different game ;)
“Evangelista looks scared” well
Wouldn’t you be if your coach never played you all year. This team does a lot of stupid stuff. Draft first rounders and then sit them all year and expect them or compete. It’s ridiculous. You
Have kids like perfetti and perreault playing nonstop and shining while this kid sits. Same
Thing happened last year and with the 01’s. Then they wonder why the players want out. Evangelista will be no different than last years picks. Of course he looks scared.

Reactions: zman77
Wouldn’t you be if your coach never played you all year. This team does a lot of stupid stuff. Draft first rounders and then sit them all year and expect them or compete. It’s ridiculous. You
Have kids like perfetti and perreault playing nonstop and shining while this kid sits. Same
Thing happened last year and with the 01’s. Then they wonder why the players want out. Evangelista will be no different than last years picks. Of course he looks scared.
which is why he needs minutes even if it's a stint with the Nationals or another Jr B team. Yes the Knights nurse a lot of young players, but practicing with a Junior A club isn't the same as playing minutes. Bottom line the kid needs minutes to gain confidence

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
I don’t normally agree with you, but on this one I do. If anyone thinks Cotter will slot into a fourth line roll, they are crazy! This being said, I bet the kid would do it to help the team.....but not going to happen.

I tend to think that we still have at least two cards left. And since we really didn’t fill the need for some grit with the recent D addition(not knocking Keane...I like him), would love to move Timms in favour of a OA F with some grit. And then add a Dellandria/Tippett/Frost.

I doubt Timms will be moved, but adding a OA F would be a cheaper option(as has been pointed out). Lots out there.

Delete

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Yes, it's true that our first round picks from the last two seasons haven't got much playing time, but that's not the norm. Here's a list of our 1st round picks from the last decade or so:
2018: Evangelista
2017: Rowe
2016: Foudy
2015: Bouchard
2014: M. Jones
2013: Marner
2012: Herbst * goalie
2011: Horvat
2010: Tierney
2009: Harrington

You don't judge a franchise or its coach by how much playing time a first-round pick receives. At times, it's about patience in developing players, and that patience often pays dividends. 5 of London's last 10 first round picks are playing (or have played) in the NHL, and Foudy will likely be #6 in a few years.
As for this year's draft, Evangelista may have been our first round pick, but there's no question that our "star" rookie is Stranges (and Panwar will also enjoy success here). There was a video on the scoreboard the other night, an interview with Stranges and he was asked "what's your favourite hockey memory?". His answer: "Being drafted by the London Knights". So for every Lucas Rowe, you're going to have 10 Stranges. More importantly, I think the Knights' success in the Hunter era speaks for itself, and so I think Hunter can be forgiven "the stupid stuff".

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
Yes, it's true that our first round picks from the last two seasons haven't got much playing time, but that's not the norm. Here's a list of our 1st round picks from the last decade or so:
2018: Evangelista
2017: Rowe
2016: Foudy
2015: Bouchard
2014: M. Jones
2013: Marner
2012: Herbst * goalie
2011: Horvat
2010: Tierney
2009: Harrington

You don't judge a franchise or its coach by how much playing time a first-round pick receives. At times, it's about patience in developing players, and that patience often pays dividends. 5 of London's last 10 first round picks are playing (or have played) in the NHL, and Foudy will likely be #6 in a few years.
As for this year's draft, Evangelista may have been our first round pick, but there's no question that our "star" rookie is Stranges (and Panwar will also enjoy success here). There was a video on the scoreboard the other night, an interview with Stranges and he was asked "what's your favourite hockey memory?". His answer: "Being drafted by the London Knights". So for every Lucas Rowe, you're going to have 10 Stranges. More importantly, I think the Knights' success in the Hunter era speaks for itself, and so I think Hunter can be forgiven "the stupid stuff".[/QUOTE

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

It really shouldn't matter whether he's a first or fifteenth round pick, he's (Evangelista) made this team with his talent but now if he wants ice time he must play Dale's kind of hockey or he sit. We've seen lest talented fifteenth rounders and undrafted players in the past getting playing time because they understood the importance of team system, the team is right to sit him if he does not comply with the system, he has to learn.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
You’re missing the point. If you draft an Evangelista in the first round but treat Stranges as your real first rounder you’re hurting Evangelista. Another team could have played him more and he’d be as good or better than any other rookie. Same goes for a kid like Rowe or even Duhart. This year is effectively their first year playing. Last year for those kids was pitiful. Then people wonder why these kids gets frustrated and exhibit “attitude”.
Have you see Evangelistas demeanour after a game. Kid looks down and broken. This is a failure with the organization regardless of their record. You can’t take 1st rounders and sit them
For a season and expect them to be happy. That’s pure bullshit

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
It really shouldn't matter whether he's a first or fifteenth round pick, he's (Evangelista) made this team with his talent but now if he wants ice time he must play Dale's kind of hockey or he sit. We've seen lest talented fifteenth rounders and undrafted players in the past getting playing time because they understood the importance of team system, the team is right to sit him if he does not comply with the system, he has to learn.
So you’ve made that assessment based on the kid playing 10 shifts all season. I call bs

You’re missing the point. If you draft an Evangelista in the first round but treat Stranges as your real first rounder you’re hurting Evangelista. Another team could have played him more and he’d be as good or better than any other rookie. Same goes for a kid like Rowe or even Duhart. This year is effectively their first year playing. Last year for those kids was pitiful. Then people wonder why these kids gets frustrated and exhibit “attitude”.
Have you see Evangelistas demeanour after a game. Kid looks down and broken. This is a failure with the organization regardless of their record. You can’t take 1st rounders and sit them
For a season and expect them to be happy. That’s pure bull****
For what it's worth..I don't think Evangelista was the Knights #1 on the draft sheet for their 1st round pick. I think their #1 wears #93 for Windsor. And lets not kid ourselves...Stranges is the best of the bunch

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So you’ve made that assessment based on the kid playing 10 shifts all season. I call bs

Yes I have, I have seen enough of him to notice he's not doing what other players are doing on the ice and you have noticed him yourself since you commented of his timidity on the ice in recent games. It only takes a few shifts to know if he's a team man or just an Evangelista man.

Check how men coverage and zone coverage are done by Moskal, Turko, Guskov or Duhart when he was here, you only need to see them play without the puck to understand it's importance and how the team plays 3-2 neutral zone trap or sometime five men on the blue line to force a play, if one man is missed the system breaks down. Also how Stranges and some others are coming back hard to breakup plays again and again, there are lots more to hockey then getting ice time to only put the puck in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad