London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
USA U20 Forwards Selection Camp 2019 WJC
DtrxebmVsAAAMoo.jpg

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
A bit smaller but faster then Larman but is mini-me clone. Most underrated player on Knights and possibly in the league. Somebody have updated draft pick list?

And Duhart is following behind of the same mould, did you see that behind the back pass he made to Nelson on the third goal Sunday. Never enough these kind of players, Moskal even tried to go after big Hatcher for that hit, I believe it was on Formenton.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
I like him....but only if he comes at a fair price of course....seems as though most of the posters here believe we should stand pat this season...but I question when will we go for it then? next year? year after? all 3?

I don't believe most posters think we should stand pat. I don't believe for a second that the team, as it stands now, can win a Memorial Cup. Some fine tuning will be necessary and I have every confidence that the Hunters will do exactly that. You go for it every year you have a legitimate shot at winning and this is one of those years. You don't win championships by doing nothing. This team may look great now against mediocre competition, but to stand pat would be the equivalent of throwing in the towel and not putting yourself in the best position possible to win!

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I don't believe most posters think we should stand pat. I don't believe for a second that the team, as it stands now, can win a Memorial Cup. Some fine tuning will be necessary and I have every confidence that the Hunters will do exactly that. You go for it every year you have a legitimate shot at winning and this is one of those years. You don't win championships by doing nothing. This team may look great now against mediocre competition, but to stand pat would be the equivalent of throwing in the towel and not putting yourself in the best position possible to win!

Everyone put January 12th @3:30pm on their calendar. That’s the date we will get to face the loaded up Ottawa 67’s and a loaded up London Knights. Should be a fun game, I might just buy my ticket this week!

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I see three possibilities and outside of those I would stand pat.

1. Get Gabe Vilardi...... there is no better junior eligible player. Period. Doesn’t matter what the cost is he can win a cup on his own.

My guess Evangelista Perrot + 3 seconds

2. Ty Dellandrea... almost as good as Vilardi in skill but younger.... likely doesn’t return next year therefore isn’t doing anything for flints constant rebuild. Flint fans would likely riot if we fleece them after the Rowe debacle.

Cost Evangelista Coome Turko and two seconds

3. Justin Brazeau.... not for the top line but put him on the third line and destroy teams with depth.... he doesn’t have the speed to skate with Foudy and Formenton but has the skill and size to really improve the other lines.

Cost Timms Nelson Duhart a 2nd and 3rd

Reactions: KnightsWatch

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens

I think the team as it sits now is capable of winning the Robertson Cup and I figure any of four teams can have a good week so if you can win the Robertson Cup you have as good of shot as any at the Memorial Cup. That said I'm with PP in that I would be happy adding Dellandrea and MAYBE a solid 6D ( not 100% convinced that Perrott can't fill that role if he were playing ) No need for anything bigger then that you just risk upsetting the apple cart.

Reactions: zman77

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
I would say that there's nearly a 100% chance that Dellandrea would be returned next year. The Stars already have a couple forward prospects close to the NHL, with only a few expiring contracts, and Nill is notorious for being too patient with prospects.

I respectfully disagree. I think there is a 40% chance he returns but his style of play could go on any line of the Stars and one scout on a podcast said he is ready to play in the NHL, he just needs to get stronger...

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
If the Knights get Vilardi and Dellandria I think that would probably set them up real nice for this year and next.

This year

Formenton-Vilardi-Foudy (Killer #1 Line)
Dunkley-Dellandria-McMichael (Skilled #2 workhorse line)
Cotter-Moskal-Tymkin(Grit line)
Stranges-Guskov-Turko (very nice #4 line 2 rooks and an awesome defensive player)
Extra: Duhart, Panwar
Traded: Nelson, Popov, Evangelista and a bunch of 2nds

Next Year

Foudy-Dellandria-McMichael (skill line)
Dunkley-Guskov-Stranges (skill line)
Turko(OA)-Moskal-Tymkin(OA) (Shutdown #3 line)
Panwar-McGurn(rook)-Duhart

Why would you be against this? Other than giving up Evangelista (who is basically all potential right now)

Reactions: KnightsWatch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad