London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
IMG_20171216_1821596.jpg
Couldn't help but notice the Dow Event Centre has a scoreboard 100 times better than Budweiser Gardens....c'mon boys..get off the wallet. Our current scoreboard and video board is embarrassing
First thing I noticed was the Saginaw vs Windsor display. Someone was looking forward to next week forgot they had to beat the knight's lol

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Man.....some of you guys just like being argumentative and attacking opposing teams fans for no reason! Is it really necessary? I, for one, welcome opposing fans and enjoy a little good natured ribbing and I think the majority of these personal attacks are really unnecessary.

Haven't seen the game yet, but I'd like to think it's a sign of things to come!

Man.....some of you guys just like being argumentative and attacking opposing teams fans for no reason! Is it really necessary? I, for one, welcome opposing fans and enjoy a little good natured ribbing and I think the majority of these personal attacks are really unnecessary.

Haven't seen the game yet, but I'd like to think it's a sign of things to come!
When you've been around these types of forums as long as I have they(fan troll posts) just become very boring and tiresome after a while. Hell..I can't stand most of the Knights fans that post here either if I'm being honest

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
How about the old windsor barn. Atmosphere was crazy too.

All I remember about the old Windsor barn is all the sad faces and angry fans rushing for the doors after yet another loss :hit: :dunno: ;)

Attachments

• nhlchecking1wx[1].gif
    nhlchecking1wx[1].gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Let's go forward for a great Play-Offs!
Prepare Body & Mind consistently.

London Knights to face Windsor Spitfires

Ryan Pyette, March 16, 2019
They will open the playoffs against familiar foe Windsor Friday, 7:30 p.m. at Budweiser Gardens.
“That’s what we needed to get into playoff mode,” said London captain Evan Bouchard. “Coming off three losses, we needed to bear down on our chances, especially on this good of a goalie (in Ivan Prosvetov) and we did that.”
The Knights’ best players were better than the top guns on the Saginaw side.
Bouchard had a goal, two points and seven shots on net. Prize trade deadline acquisition Kevin Hancock kicked it in to another gear and scored twice, including the winner, to give him 52 goals and 107 points in 70 games.
“It was like a playoff atmosphere in here,” Hancock, the overage centre, said, “and we came out firing. To go through something like this and come out with a win in our final game, it brings a team closer together. We took it like a playoff game.”
This is the seventh time in the past 15 years London finished the regular season as the first seed in the West. This one, though, was the most difficult to wrap up with a final-week schedule against fellow heavyweights Saginaw, Sault Ste. Marie and Guelph.
“You want to win it sooner,” Knights coach Dale Hunter said, “but it’s good teams we’re playing and the kids battled hard on the road against a good team to win it. The kids deserve all the credit. They wanted it bad. They stuck together as a team.”
OHL: London Knights to face Windsor Spitfires in opening round of playoffs

Reactions: Fastpace
Nov 28, 2014
London, ON
Here’s my line up for the playoffs:

Guskov Cotter Stranges
Formenton Hancock McMichael
Nelson Turko Tymkin
Foudy Moskal Dunkley

Panwar Evangelista

Bouchard Regula
Boqvist Lochead
Keane Coome

G Keane

Kooy

Raymaakers

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Here’s my line up for the playoffs:

Guskov Cotter Stranges
Formenton Hancock McMichael
Nelson Turko Tymkin
Foudy Moskal Dunkley

Panwar Evangelista

Bouchard Regula
Boqvist Lochead
Keane Coome

G Keane

Kooy

Raymaakers
Come on Arv.
lol................Foudy on the 4th Line??!!
Have you been watching the last few games?
Foudy has been one of the most consistent players for the Knights.
Billy will play 2nd-3rd line centre against the top players on the opposing side.
Turko will play 4th line with lots of time on Penalty Kill with his speed and toughness.

Reactions: Fastpace

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
When was the last time Oshawa and Peterborough met in the playoffs?

Hopefully we see that series.

Nov 28, 2014
London, ON
Come on Arv.
lol................Foudy on the 4th Line??!!
Have you been watching the last few games?
Foudy has been one of the most consistent players for the Knights.
Billy will play 2nd-3rd line centre against the top players on the opposing side.
Turko will play 4th line with lots of time on Penalty Kill with his speed and toughness.
Sorry...I didn't list the lines in order from first line to fourth line, so I can see how that can be confusing.

To answer your question as to whether or not I watch the games, the answer is Yes. I am a season ticket holder that attends the games. And I have utilized livestream for the away games.

I like your posts. Read them all the time...very positive!

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Who do we think starts in net for Game 1?? Dale probably goes back to Raaymakers, but I liked Kooy a little better....

PS - Coaches Poll comes out tomorrow.... so here are some players I expect to be between 1st-3rd for each category for the Western Conference.

Best skater - Formenton and Foudy
Hardest Shot - Bouchard
Best Shot - Bouchard
Best on Faceoffs - Hancock and Moskal
Best Bodychecker - Lochead
Best shot blocker - Regula
Best Offensive D - Bouchard maybe Boqvist (cuz Durzi and Wilde)
Best Defensive D - Regula
Best Defensive F - Hancock
Best PK player - Hancock

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
When you've been around these types of forums as long as I have they(fan troll posts) just become very boring and tiresome after a while. Hell..I can't stand most of the Knights fans that post here either if I'm being honest
Yeah I’ve said it before, the knights fans can be quite rude, even arrogant at times. I love the team
But not the fans

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Sorry...I didn't list the lines in order from first line to fourth line, so I can see how that can be confusing.

To answer your question as to whether or not I watch the games, the answer is Yes. I am a season ticket holder that attends the games. And I have utilized livestream for the away games.

I like your posts. Read them all the time...very positive!

Thanks Arv................visit more often! ;)

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Who do we think starts in net for Game 1?? Dale probably goes back to Raaymakers, but I liked Kooy a little better....

PS - Coaches Poll comes out tomorrow.... so here are some players I expect to be between 1st-3rd for each category for the Western Conference.

Hardest Shot - Bouchard
Best Shot - Bouchard
Best PK player - Hancock

I like your picks tjziel.
I like Billy, Alex, Liam and Josh as the best PK Forwards for the Knights.
Soo had 3...........2 Man Advantages on Friday...........only 1 goal.
Knights have the best PK in the O.
Best Defensive F:
Yes, Kevin is very good but I like Billy's work rate in the D-Zone.
In general, most of the Knights do well in this area.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Yeah I’ve said it before, the knights fans can be quite rude, even arrogant at times. I love the team
But not the fans

My friend if you had a presumption that all Knights fans should all be exactly like you or be thinking the very same thing as you, I am afraid you may be in the wrong place

We are all London Knights fans and all love them too, we are also a big body with a full variety of separate minds. Although we share and support the same team our values and opinions may differ in multiple ways. I do believe, and correct me if I am wrong, this board was created for us to express and share our values and opinions in one common forum. None of us is forced or have to write, read, respond and most of all agree with one another's comment in our posts. We are all free to skip, read, respond, like, agree or disagree with any of our fellow poster fans in this forum.

I agree with you we do love our Knights but I am in disagreement on the rights of our fellow fans to write an arrogant comments if he or she so choses as long it's within these Board Rules and it is respectfully written. We can always disregard or skip them any time we want, heck we can even totally bloc them from our viewing if we so desire. Our forefathers died and fought long hard battles to preserve our rights in this country, this is here an example when it can be use. I am completely aware you did not say an arrogant comment can not be written in this here forum, I saw an opportunity to write on this subject from your post

Last edited:

Knights2729

Oct 24, 2016
London
My friend if you had a presumption that all Knights fans should all be exactly like you or be thinking the very same thing as you, I am afraid you may be in the wrong place

We are all London Knights fans and all love them too, we are also a big body with a full variety of separate minds. Although we share and support the same team our values and opinions may differ in multiple ways. I do believe, and correct me if I am wrong, this board was created for us to express and share our values and opinions in one common forum. None of us is forced or have to write, read, respond and most of all agree with one another's comment in our posts. We are all free to skip, read, respond, like, agree or disagree with any of our fellow poster fans in this forum.

I agree with you we do love our Knights but I am in disagreement on the rights of our fellow fans to write an arrogant comments if he or she so choses as long it's within these Board Rules and it is respectfully written. We can always disregard or skip them any time we want, heck we can even totally bloc them from our viewing if we so desire. Our forefathers died and fought long hard battles to preserve our rights in this country, this is here an example when it can be use.

Well Said Fastpace !!

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace

Hardest Shot - Bouchard
Best Shot - Bouchard
Best PK player - Hancock
You meant Jean-Luc Foudy? :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad