London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
What a difference a week makes? By your own regulars cutting the team to shreds and now you are the greatest again. Saginaw market doesn't have as knowledgeable a fan base or near the followers the great London Knights have. When you make remarks to stir the pot expect a response.
twinsdad, made a very honest remark wich is true in other markets as well.

Maybe if your fans spend more time in your thread you could hit Part 3 ;)

we hit 11 because over 50% of the posts here are troll posts...and over 80% of those are by our own fans

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
What a difference a week makes? By your own regulars cutting the team to shreds and now you are the greatest again. Saginaw market doesn't have as knowledgeable a fan base or near the followers the great London Knights have. When you make remarks to stir the pot expect a response.
Who said London is the greatest team?

Aside from that... there sure seemed to be enough "knowledgeable " Saginaw fans that came out of the woodwork last weekend...so I guess what you are saying is Saginaw is just full of fairweather fans

Reactions: PhlyerPhanatic31

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
London Knights clinch first place in the OHL’s Western Conference

By Mike Stubbs Reporter 980 CFPL
Big games can sometimes help you do that and this one did.
“It’s the guys out there on the ice for us. I’m proud of them,” said London assistant coach Dylan Hunter. “We had a tough 10-game stretch and we were coming in on short rest and they played an excellent game.”
The Knights put on a surgical performance, weathering an early storm from the Spirit and even surviving giving up the first goal of the game.
“Jordan Kooy was really strong for us,” added Hunter. “We stayed out of the [penalty] box and we just kept playing the right way.”
London Knights clinch first place in the OHL’s Western Conference

Reactions: Fastpace
Saginaw market doesn't have as knowledgeable a fan base or near the followers the great London Knights have. When you make remarks to stir the pot expect a response.
which was exactly my point...twinsdad's remark was intended to spark a response. Perhaps if fans tried to spark a response on their own fan page they wouldn't struggle to break 2 pages per season

Reactions: Otto

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Let's see who struggles or doesn't in the playoffs. In all honesty that is the bottom line. I hope we meet in the finals and may the best team win.

twinsdad

Dec 1, 2014
Grand Rapids
which was exactly my point...twinsdad's remark was intended to spark a response. Perhaps if fans tried to spark a response on their own fan page they wouldn't struggle to break 2 pages per season
Actually, I wasn't intending to spark a response. I was just pointing out that the Saginaw thread is normally pretty quiet. That it is even on Part 2 is because we had the best regular season in our franchise.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
OES did London's board in 2010...it's inferior in many areas to many across the CHL

Been to the Bud and wasn't overly impressed with the board as I get around but frankly I don't spend much time looking at them since most places have spotty replay.

Great building, brilliant location as well. Still miss the Gardens though went to handfull of games as a kid and in my 20's.

Been to the Bud and wasn't overly impressed with the board as I get around but frankly I don't spend much time looking at them since most places have spotty replay.

Great building, brilliant location as well. Still miss the Gardens though went to handfull of games as a kid and in my 20's.
It's not that I pay attention to them...it's the fact London's is so poor I notice when other teams in smaller markets have better

Loved the old Gardens...nothing will match that atmosphere for a Knights game

Reactions: Tarantula

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
It's not that I pay attention to them...it's the fact London's is so poor I notice when other teams in smaller markets have better

Both good points. The board here (Missy) is Daktronics and it is one of the best in the league.

Where you there in I think in 74, 75 when the St Catherines BHawks went into the stands?

twinsdad

Dec 1, 2014
Grand Rapids
Who said London is the greatest team?

Aside from that... there sure seemed to be enough "knowledgeable " Saginaw fans that came out of the woodwork last weekend...so I guess what you are saying is Saginaw is just full of fairweather fans
He didn't say the Knights where the greatest team. He was referencing the much larger fan base.

As far as fairweather fans, your attendance thread (which I appreciate, thanks) will prove or disprove that statement.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

How about the old windsor barn. Atmosphere was crazy too.

GangGreen

May 27, 2012
Let's see who struggles or doesn't in the playoffs. In all honesty that is the bottom line. I hope we meet in the finals and may the best team win.

Amen brother. If London doesn’t win, I’m definitely pulling for Saginaw to win it all. The fans there deserve a championship. Provy’s antics aside lol.

I don’t think one game will change most Knights fans minds about this team. There’s definite concerns about this team. This game was a step in the right direction tho.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
I personally find the league weaker this year than the last few years. No real outstanding hockey in my opinion. I mean compared to me of course they’re all great but in general the league is a bit weak.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I personally find the league weaker this year than the last few years. No real outstanding hockey in my opinion. I mean compared to me of course they’re all great but in general the league is a bit weak.
I think the parity across the top 8 has made this year far better than past years when we could just anoint a team champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad