London Knights 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
My two cents on the Hunters (mainly Mark) heading back to NHL. I’ll preface with I understand that things can change in a hurry in this business, but if the thought of returning was even a possibility why would they demote Rob Simpson and reinstate Mark as GM just for him to leave a year later again? You would think if it was just a layover back in London he would just take an advisor/scout role or even Asst. GM until they figured it out.It’s not like everyone in the organization doesn’t know the Hierarchy regardless of titles. Why upset the apple cart?

Reactions: Otto

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
Sean McGurn will be now be brought up. Goal and an assist in a 6-2 loss to London last night. Ben Roger has been already been brought up. These guys may never see any game action this season between the tight standings and the healthy scratches who want to play.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Sean McGurn will be now be brought up. Goal and an assist in a 6-2 loss to London last night. Ben Roger has been already been brought up. These guys may never see any game action this season between the tight standings and the healthy scratches who want to play.

If the Knights win there next 3 games Flint Home, Saginaw Home, Guelph Away,
McGurn and Roger should see ice time in the Soo and finally in Saginaw.

Ben Roger: D-Man R Shot, 6' 1" 145 lbs., Nov. 3, 2002

2018-19
3.png
Wellington Dukes
OJHL 52gms4g14a18pts16
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Sean McGurn: Centre R Shot, 5' 10" 170 lbs., July 30, 2002
2018-19
3.png
St. Thomas Stars
GOJHL 40gms13g25a38pts12
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
If the Knights win there next 3 games Flint Home, Saginaw Home, Flint Away,
McGurn and Roger should see ice time in Saginaw and the Soo.

Except your Flint away game is Guelph.
There is no margin to experiment with Jr. B players when the team is fighting for home ice advantage.

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Last of the 3 is Guelph away not Flint... big difference

Thanks Otto...........correction is done.
ya ya..............very big difference playing Guelph.
There's never an easy way to gain Home ice advantage.
These last 5 games will be important for the boys to make a clear statement.

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
22. McMichael
24. Vlasic
57. Guskov

3 Knights (including Knights' property) projected to go high in 2019 NHL draft.
Andrew Forbes, "Hockey Writers"
2019 NHL Draft: Forbes' Top 155 for March
http://flip.it/E31D4j

Check this Top 300 March ranking from Larry Fisher;

20. C. McMichael (ahead of Hamilton A. Kaliyev at 21.)
36. A. Vlasic
42. V. Kolyachonok
55. M. Guskov

Billy Moskal is completely out of the picture (absolutely not fair)

https://thehockeywriters.com/2019-nhl-draft-rankings-march/

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

They (McGurn and Roger) may not get to dress but practicing with the team and riding the bus on road trip , just being with the boys is a good learning experience for them

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Check this Top 300 March ranking from Larry Fisher;

20. C. McMichael (ahead of Hamilton A. Kaliyev at 21.)
36. A. Vlasic
42. V. Kolyachonok
55. M. Guskov

Billy Moskal is completely out of the picture (absolutely not fair)

https://thehockeywriters.com/2019-nhl-draft-rankings-march/

Moskal has had every opportunity to play big minutes and put up numbers and his skill set and finish just are not anywhere close to the nhl level. I like the kid and he plays a vital role with the knights but like dunkley I just don’t see a nhl professional adult hockey player there. Still time to change that after the OHL and some minor pro years. Not worth an NHL pick when they can tryout as free agents next year

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Moskal has had every opportunity to play big minutes and put up numbers and his skill set and finish just are not anywhere close to the nhl level. I like the kid and he plays a vital role with the knights but like dunkley I just don’t see a nhl professional adult hockey player there. Still time to change that after the OHL and some minor pro years. Not worth an NHL pick when they can tryout as free agents next year

Mark my word, we will see Billy Moskal signed by an NHL club and he will play in the NHL one day. His role as a defensive forward is not recognize yet by scouts, they are mostly looking for players with big numbers. The farther the Knights goes in playoffs the more Moskal will expose his talent, I see a lot of Chris Tierney in Moskal's style

I really don't know what more can be asked of Moskal. Averages .5 pts. per game or better as the team's #1 checking center and draws the shutdown assignment against every top line in the league. Kid owns the face off circle with a better than 60% win PCT. Kills penalties...blocks shots..grinds in the corners. A coach's dream player in my opinion. Scoreboard stats aren't everything

STS

Jul 3, 2005
22. McMichael
24. Vlasic
57. Guskov

3 Knights (including Knights' property) projected to go high in 2019 NHL draft.
Andrew Forbes, "Hockey Writers"
2019 NHL Draft: Forbes' Top 155 for March
http://flip.it/E31D4j

I see Vlasic is 6" 6" would certainly add some size on the backline. Going late 1st round wouldn't think he would make his NHL team right away. With Boquist possibly coming back, J. Keane as a possible OA, and Regula and
G. Keane along with possibly Vlasic defense won't be as bad as everyone thought. A lot of ifs but stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad