London Knights 2016 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site
Marner's last worn game jersey, the Memorial Cup game - in all honesty I'm surprised it went for so little. I bet given it was Mem Cup game it would easily go for double now - and if MM has a good NHL career, playing in Toronto - center of the hockey world, it could really take off in value. This fraud is a lot bigger than the $3500 or whatever the winning bid was.

And HHOF has no choice but to give it up - it wasn't London's to give, it would be "stolen property" as it was the winning bidders the moment he won the bidding.

Going public with this is London trying to get public pressure against the buyer to make him fold.

What do junior jerseys of stars go for these days?

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/catalog/Minors_College_Juniors_Game_Worn_Jerseys-210-1.html

I can't see Marner's jersey ever going over $10,000. A Leafs worn one in his rookie year, yes but not his OHL one. Some have speculated it could be worth $1000 by this time next year especially if he gets sent back to London and/or has an average NHL season.

But I figure for the collector the value isn't the big thing here.

Reallycomeon

Jan 27, 2016

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/catalog/Minors_College_Juniors_Game_Worn_Jerseys-210-1.html

I can't see Marner's jersey ever going over $10,000. A Leafs worn one in his rookie year, yes but not his OHL one. Some have speculated it could be worth $1000 by this time next year especially if he gets sent back to London and/or has an average NHL season.

I doubt as a collectors item its even worth much reAlly. Everyone knows that charity auctions inflate and raise prices of items not because of its legitimate worth but to help and raise money for the charity.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario

I bought Kane's game worn Knights' jersey (white) for $1300 and sold it for $5000. It could very well be worth more than that today. It helped that he was only here for one season (jersey is rare) and became an NHL all-star. It all depends on what it's worth to the collector. Lots of Leaf fans out there and if Marner goes on to stardom, the jersey will be worth its weight in (green &) gold.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
This was my original Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKnightsGo44 View Post
So im confused..... im a huge knights fan and collector..... i would give my signed Marner 2014 Memorial Cup RCR Jersey back to the knights if it would benefit the team. How could you ever sue your favorite team.... I have come to know many on the knights staff and they will go the extra mile for the fans and for hockey its hard to believe they couldn't come to an amicable arrangement. OHLPA politics i guess.

I have since posted that I trust PP and Tiger and others on the board with the rest of the story... We will see how this shakes out but if people are to quote me please look through all my posts. That was my initial reaction after reading the freeps and I will reserve judgement.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
omg. It's like you're intentionally being obtuse.

This guy is saying he did not receive a regular season worn jersey. He is saying that what he received was a forgery of a game worn jersey. i.e. the jersey was never worn in-game, the team just tried to make it look like it was.

OK ! - He said it's a replica of a game worn jersey- prove it.
- They said it's a regular game worn jersey - prove it

There are two side and two stories one of them will come on top, is that being obtuse of me to take opposite side to your's ?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Ok enoughs enough. Its the same dragged out, beaten with a stick sick of.this jersey story. Maybe marner can clear the air about how many jerseys he has used in a season. How many game worns he has given towards being auctioned off.. last 200 pages on this thread have been about thiS story. Next topic stop beating this dead elephant ..

Really come on:laugh: Just kidding.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Those SOBs I was at a game last season and I bought one of those green number 1 fingers. I swore it had been game used before and demanded they give me a new one. They refused stating it was new and handed me a LOA and now this comes up I knew they were fibbing........mother£€>*^% !

I'm getting me a lawyer what's this guys name again? :dunno::dunno:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I bought Kane's game worn Knights' jersey (white) for $1300 and sold it for $5000. It could very well be worth more than that today. It helped that he was only here for one season (jersey is rare) and became an NHL all-star. It all depends on what it's worth to the collector. Lots of Leaf fans out there and if Marner goes on to stardom, the jersey will be worth its weight in (green &) gold.

The guy may want his 5k back after this has come out? Yes he only played one season but it seems there is 4350 Game Worn Jerseys out there?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
The guy may want his 5k back after this has come out? Yes he only played one season but it seems there is 4350 Game Worn Jerseys out there?

You never know...I purchased the jersey from the auction on the Knights' site. I was satisfied with the L.O.A. and so was the person to whom I sold it. Fortunately I was also able to photomatch the jersey. Shall we now rush to the conclusion that all game worn jerseys sold on the Knights online auction are fakes?

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...raise-questions-about-sports-memorabilia.html

There's your price tag... $60,000 .. for a $3500 jersey... give me a break.

Back to that 'it's not about the money" quote . .ya.. right

The whole story seems weird. Whiffen is saying that the jersey they gave the guy was worn by Marner during the regular season and that the one in the HHOF was only worn during the Mem Cup...yet the jersey they sent the guy has the Mem Cup logo stitched on it?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The arrogance..( Whiffen's )... spawned this entire affair. It could have been settled outside of court..but the allegations and borderline bullying in the media by Whiffen got the case to the point it is at now. It's basically taken on a whole new persona since Whiffen went public and spouted drivel. The hole is being dug and pretty soon they won't be able to climb out of it.

Agreed.

Own up, make it right, this wouldnt have become a public story. ( althou the collectors would know)

Hopecully itvbringsabout positive change, accountability, integrity in the future.

And good on the collector for digging in out of principle.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Everyone needs to take a breath and dial it in. "If" the jersey is a fake, so be it. The fan can elect to seek a civil remedy or pursue a criminal investigation with potential fraud chgs being laid.

As previously pointed out, Hockey Ops cannot be tied to this matter as merchandise, souvenirs and the like are separate entities from the day to day operations of the club.

Should an actual criminal chg be laid, it is single count of Fraud Under $5000. In the courts eyes - NOT a huge deal (And I say that factually with no disrespect to the complainant in this matter).

IMO, this will be resolved between the involved parties with a confidentiality agreement attached. It appears to me, and again only MY opinion, that the complainant's counsel has an axe to grind with the club perhaps dating back to his playing days? Right or wrong, this matter will resolve itself in short order.

Great post ! I would add the counsel former Knights player has a beef with the League (CHL). This publicity stunt if he succeed will give him more grits to play with the big legal boys at higher sporting level.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Juolevi wasn't loan player he came over to London and played his draft season there because Jokerit men's team moved to KHL season 2014-2015.
Olli is Jokerit's own junior and he has represented Jokerit juniors to his entire young career in Finland and his KHL rights belongs to Jokerit.

Instead of reporting to London Juolevi could choose to play his draft season in Finnish Elite league.
But he saw coming to London the preferred option for his development and adjusting to North American hockey.

He is a member of the World Junior Champions and we are very happy he choose to come to London. He is well like here by the fans. Thank You for the report and the post ! !

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
So because you haven't seen it or the team hasn't admitted it..you still believe the jersey is real? Trust me...it's as fake as a 3 dollar bill. The claim of what they sent is the issue and their lies to cover it up spawned the legal action....getting the REAL jersey is the furthest thing right now. I'm done...this is like talking to a 2yr old.

"don't touch the stove Johnny...HOT"
"don't touch the stove Johnny...Hot..you'll get hurt"

** Johnny touches stove and burns hand all to hell

"see...I told you not to touch the stove"

Yes Johnny will reach and try to touch the stove, to find out for himself if it's really hot or cold, maybe the fire is out cold and Johnny does not get burn at all.

Words is not enough, lets see the jersey and show us how is it bogus. On the other hand, show us that this worn jersey is legit and was in this season game actions.

That's what it will come down to in the end, it may be hot or it may be cold , may be it's warm and no buddy will care. We can't decide this through postings but we can each write our opinions even if we disagree with a 2 yr old poster.

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Sweet flip.

I got this OHL championship hat. Limited edition. Legend has it, it was said to have been purchased, bought n handled by one the best HF posters in the universe.

Im not selling it even if it triples in price. And said super poster will be the recipient of a pint come reg. season for his troubles!

But damm I shoulda got it signed aagghh

;)

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...raise-questions-about-sports-memorabilia.html

There's your price tag... $60,000 .. for a $3500 jersey... give me a break.

Back to that 'it's not about the money" quote . .ya.. right

Like I said earlier you can't put a value on the jersey it could be worth more $50,000 or less than $25,000. I have a Brooklyn Dodgers 1956 autographed baseball by all the team that won the World Series (Drysdale, Koufax, Robinson, Snider etc..) I have been offered a lot of money for it but I am not selling it because I can't put a value on it. The $60,000 isn't necessarily a price tag it's for damages etc...

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I was informed verbally by a friend that the Leafs has invited Brendon Prust to their camp, I can't find any infos on the net or on sports news. I am a big fan of him since his Knights days, I know his kind will one day disappear, has any one heard anything somewhere about his invite ?

Never mind I just found it and the Leafs has signed him and confirmed by general manager Lou Lamoriello;
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-sign-brandon-prust-raman-hrabarenka-ptos/

Last edited:

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Like I said earlier you can't put a value on the jersey it could be worth more $50,000 or less than $25,000. I have a Brooklyn Dodgers 1956 autographed baseball by all the team that won the World Series (Drysdale, Koufax, Robinson, Snider etc..) I have been offered a lot of money for it but I am not selling it because I can't put a value on it. The $60,000 isn't necessarily a price tag it's for damages etc...

I'd love to hear more about these supposed damages are

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I'd love to hear more about these supposed damages are

Well punitive damages is anything considered malicious, high handed, and oppressive to the extent it insults courts sense of decency. Based off what I have read so far I would definitely say high handed would fit the bill in regards to passing off an non authentic game worn jersey as an actual authentic one. You can throw malicious into that realm. As far as oppressive this is something that could have and can still be fixed and mitigated so yes I imagine the court would be insulted by the fact this would go to trial.

Aggravated damages are the intangible ones like mental distress, anger etc... Maybe he's lost a lot of sleep over this ordeal, he's dealing with anxiety.

I still think this gets settled out of court or certainly should. I don't think people understand a lot of the aspects that are included in a civil matter.

Kobe1468

Jan 1, 2014
Mossley, On
Concerning JerseyGate...let the legal process play out. I know some on here claim to know everything(and maybe they have a heads up). But until it plays out in court, or until it is settled in another way, I can't lay any blame to either side. Just gonna let the powers that be decide.

Looking forward to the upcoming season. Lots of talent on the roster...will be more interesting to see who sticks and who doesn't than a jersey debate. Thankfully this shouldn't be a on ice distraction.

Words is not enough, lets see the jersey and show us how is it bogus. On the other hand, show us that this worn jersey is legit and was in this season game actions.
The pictures shown in the latest link Otto posted about the issue solidify the jersey is a fake, a recreated replica. Anyone with even an inkling of knowledge in the collector game could spot the red flags from a mile away. Send that jersey to a seasoned knowledgeable collector with years of experience...you got yourself a lawsuit. And that's where we are now, on top of the other information that hasn't gone public.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I was informed verbally by a friend that the Leafs has invited Brendon Prust to their camp, I can't find any infos on the net or on sports news. I am a big fan of him since his Knights days, I know his kind will one day disappear, has any one heard anything somewhere about his invite ?

Never mind I just found it and the Leafs has signed him and confirmed by general manager Lou Lamoriello;
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/maple-leafs-sign-brandon-prust-raman-hrabarenka-ptos/

Check the Leafs thread on HF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad