http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=118898063&postcount=652

iohwso.jpg

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
What a happy off-season it will be!

I noticed that Alex Peters wasn't signed by Dallas, meaning that he'll be eligible for the upcoming draft. So, I wonder if we'll see him return to Flint as an OA.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Haha the Knights off season.... we don't have an off season.. I can't wait for the euro draft see what we reload and come out with next season.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Can they duplicate this this year's playoffs and Memorial Cup excitement ? ? ?

Purple Phart

Apr 4, 2016
Can they duplicate this this year's playoffs and Memorial Cup excitement ? ? ?

They sure as hell can ! Just imagine the team hoisting their back-to-back Cup on the WFCU ice in Windsor. :):naughty:;)

THAT would be EXCITEMENT !!! Mind you, a lot of things would have to fall into place for that to become a reality, but that possibility does exist for next season.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
They sure as hell can ! Just imagine the team hoisting their back-to-back Cup on the WFCU ice in Windsor. :):naughty:;)

THAT would be EXCITEMENT !!! Mind you, a lot of things would have to fall into place for that to become a reality, but that possibility does exist for next season.

Isn't this every years goal? Get at er.........

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

To have the Knights hoist the Memorial Cup on Spitsfires's land, that would most definitely do it for me for sure ! !

three dog night

May 3, 2014
To have the Knights hoist the Memorial Cup on Spitsfires's land, that would most definitely do it for me for sure ! !

Remember 2006 the Knights were expected to win the MC again but got beat out in the final by the Petes. Can not see London wining it again next season.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Remember 2006 the Knights were expected to win the MC again but got beat out in the final by the Petes. Can not see London wining it again next season.

Why not? London has 8 draft eligibles and potentially four first rounders returning. They may be better than this year it's too early to tell

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

This gives me a lot of confidence. Your predictions are almost always wrong.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Why not? London has 8 draft eligibles and potentially four first rounders returning. They may be better than this year it's too early to tell

They could be losing over 170 goals from their forward group (Heffernan, Dvorak, Bernhardt, Berisha, Piccinich), and I don't see how they replace that. There will be obvious internal growth but I dont see the returning forwards all increasing their output by 24 goals each (7/170).

They'll be good, but Marner/Dvorak leaving and Tkuchuk getting a long look will be hard. They don't have other US players coming in at that level, and their top Ontario prospect is probably headed to the NCAA. Id assume that Piccinich is a 50/50 proposition at this point.

They need to hit the expected home runs in the Import Draft and pray that Joulevi isn't sent to the AHL/KHL. Doubt the KHL would be an option, but his game seems prime for the AHL.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
They could be losing over 170 goals from their forward group (Heffernan, Dvorak, Bernhardt, Berisha, Piccinich), and I don't see how they replace that. There will be obvious internal growth but I dont see the returning forwards all increasing their output by 24 goals each (7/170).

They'll be good, but Marner/Dvorak leaving and Tkuchuk getting a long look will be hard. They don't have other US players coming in at that level, and their top Ontario prospect is probably headed to the NCAA. Id assume that Piccinich is a 50/50 proposition at this point.

They need to hit the expected home runs in the Import Draft and pray that Joulevi isn't sent to the AHL/KHL. Doubt the KHL would be an option, but his game seems prime for the AHL.

Top Ontario prospect possibly opting for the NCAA? Which player would that be? Foudy and Blacker have both signed with the Knights. Brady Tkachuk is, of course, American.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
Top Ontario prospect possibly opting for the NCAA? Which player would that be? Foudy and Blacker have both signed with the Knights. Brady Tkachuk is, of course, American.

Finn Evans. Top 99 prospect. I personally like him more then Blacker. My understanding was that he was offered a contract last year but declined.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Finn Evans. Top 99 prospect. I personally like him more then Blacker. My understanding was that he was offered a contract last year but declined.

You sound a bit nuts. Finn Evans does not sound like a difference maker to me. If he was he would have had a spot ahead of all those prospects we traded away ala Valentini.

Dvorak is irreplaceable. Marner might be back. Pinchinich might be back. We will get an upgrade through the Euro draft. We will make some trades for a potential 40 goal guy. We will get some top free agents to sign as we always do.

We could also have Brady Tkachuk and Doohge report.

The fact tge knights signed and activated fomenting for tge memorial cup has me excited he seems like a special player.

We will replace many of those goals lost and i think if marner is returned we will exceed our goal totals from this year

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
You sound a bit nuts. Finn Evans does not sound like a difference maker to me. If he was he would have had a spot ahead of all those prospects we traded away ala Valentini.

One of us has seen both players this year and has a history in scouting ;)

Sometimes hype doesn't equal success.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I don't think the team has to worry about replacing all the goals it has lost. It's possible to win without scoring at the rate that Knights were this past season...most teams, even the winning teams, don't. The key is keeping the puck out of your own net.

While I think some of the loss in offense will be offset somewhat by new players and current players taking a step forward, I also think that the team is in a good position to let in fewer goals than last year - the defense will be more experienced and I expect Parsons to be even better.

They'll be fine.

Dvorak is irreplaceable. Marner might be back. Pinchinich might be back. We will get an upgrade through the Euro draft. We will make some trades for a potential 40 goal guy. We will get some top free agents to sign as we always do.

The fact tge knights signed and activated fomenting for tge memorial cup has me excited he seems like a special player.

We will replace many of those goals lost and i think if marner is returned we will exceed our goal totals from this year

Have you ever seen Evans play?

Tiger is saying Evans was offered a contract before and declined. Presumably to keep NCAA options available.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
One of us has seen both players this year and has a history in scouting ;)

Sometimes hype doesn't equal success.

I was a fan of Evans as well, but bery limited MM viewinhs and none last year. Its unfortunate if london isnt in his plans. Seemed to have good potential.
I saw Blacker more the year he was in MM when i helped out with a local MM team. And really liked his game.

London definitely has its work cut out for them if another OHL title is the goal ( and it should be)
Lots of what ifs and probably nots imo

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Knights

You might want to apologize,Evans being a 16 year old last year can't be dealt till Aug,thats one thing,and if Marner advances like he should,plus the loss of Dvorak,Berisha,perhaps Tkachuk,Piccinch,along with Heffernan,Bernhardt,Graves,Martinet,Burke,all this occurs things go from a chan,ce to repeat to no chance.
Dooghe,Tkachuk won't be here this coming season,Tkachuk in 17-18 probably,and if Juolevi doesn't return,i think he does return btw for one more year,then I doubt very much London wins the league to play Windsor.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Look im calling as i see it. I haven't seen him play you're right. I watch a lot of the OJHL and 11 points in 51 games is not top 99 production. This why i said he is not a difference maker. Maybe there is a high level of skill that he possesses but are you telling me he is a top 6 on a contending ohl team as a 17yr old... if that is tge case Evans would have gone much higher in the USHL draft would he not.

Do you care to offer a scouting report with his projecting at the next level.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
I was a fan of Evans as well, but bery limited MM viewinhs and none last year. Its unfortunate if london isnt in his plans. Seemed to have good potential.

Don't take its as the gospel, just believe that he had the option of signing and playing locally but declined to keep his NCAA options open. If he's changed his mind, he'd be a great get.

IMO Blacker had a very average year last year, was a healthy scratch at times, some need to temper expectations on him a bit IMO. He can't come in and be a top 4 guy right off the bat, he's going to need a lot of time to be a difference maker.

My whole point is, replacing 170 goals over night isn't exactly easy. There isn't another Dvorak or Piccinich showing up in September, there isn't a 98 on their reserve list that could do that IMO. They'll be a top 4 team, which in London is a bit of a retool, but expecting them to be as good? That's a stretch.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
I saw Blacker more the year he was in MM when i helped out with a local MM team. And really liked his game.

London definitely has its work cut out for them if another OHL title is the goal ( and it should be)
Lots of what ifs and probably nots imo

Your right ares london has its work cut out for them...

1st. We need a home run in tge euro draft

2nd. We need to sign so quality top six free agents like Pinchinich (the knights do this every year going back to the mecklersand broadhursts maroons etc.

3rd. Get lucky and have some good players sent back... marner (unlikely) Pinchinich Martinet.

4th. Trade for the top six holes ex. Konectny or Debrincat Strome. We have assists in spades.

Should be very doable

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Knights

2nd. We need to sign so quality top six free agents like Pinchinich (the knights do this every year going back to the mecklersand broadhursts maroons etc.

3rd. Get lucky and have some good players sent back... marner (unlikely) Pinchinich Martinet.

4th. Trade for the top six holes ex. Konectny or Debrincat Strome. We have assists in spades.

Should be very doable

You need to do your homework,Evans had 19 pts not 11 in his year last year,as well as 4 points in 5 games in the playoffs showing development as a fairly late born August 1999 player.
As well Piccinich was not a free agent he was drafted by London in 2012 in the 6th round.
Sherwood was a free agent and we saw how that turned out.
As for getting Strome,Debrincat,Konecny,both Sarnia and Erie will be contenders this year unlikely said players will be dealt.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

Should be very doable

They have hit on solid FAs no doubt.
(Broadhurst was a drafted player thou ;)) unsure on Maroon off the top of my head.
They dont hit on top 6 FAs every year and those FAs they do grab usually compliment our top 3/4 players, not drive the bus.
Or they take a couple years to contribute heavily ( Prust, Anderson and that D Knights traded east for Matta pick, I always forget lol and. ect..)
Yes they contributed. Just not sure if it would be enough.

Im hopfeul, but itll take a perfect off season and in season group of moves.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Yes broadhurst was a pick that came late and was one and done. That could be the same for Piccinich as well. But thats what we need. We need two top six players thats not that hard to get with our assests.

I cant see both Erie and sarnia contending... if so we go get Watson or Crouse if returned from Kingston. If Kitchener chokes McGinnis or Brocco might be available. My point being their will be good players available to fill in for Dvorak they will not be as goodbut might be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad