London Knights 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
There's no clear cut 1/2/3 lines...they'll all grab about the same minutes 5 on 5. Special teams is where certain players will up their minutes

I agree, there are no clear cut lines, the chemistry among the players will work itself out and dictate who's best playing with who and on what line. Who's hot one night and who's not will pretty much determine what line(s) will get more ice time in that one particular game. It's a team of stars and they all want ice time, it's going to create competition among players and lines, sometime it's can be healthy for a team.

Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that Parsons seems to have less control over rebounds, since he switched to those black pads ? When playing for Team USA, he wore different equipment, and the pads seemed to be "deader" and the shots just hit him and fell within his reach. The new black gear seems to be "stiffer" and the pucks rebound farther out. Maybe it's just a matter of breaking in the equipment, but he seemingly performed just a tad better in his older gear.

Every set of gear has different bounce zones. Parsons just played 3 weeks in different gear and had adapted to the subtle nuances of that set. Now he's back to his Knights gear and he has to "remember" the bounce variables from this gear again. It's not like a player grabbing a new twig or throwing on a new set of mitts. It's quite a tough thing to adapt to.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Excuse me for questioning you on this again but as 1 of the SSM fans who questioned your role as a "moderator" and mentioning you "let it slide" i couldn't help but notice you simply deleted my post without any discussion when i raised that very question. If we, as posters, are held to a certain standard, shouldn't that standard be set even higher by the one's "overseeing" it?

Your initial post was clearly a very old cliche along the lines of....."well it's only Sault Ste. Marie anyway, so who cares"?

I fully know i'm embellishing that statement, but I'm trying to give you some insight as to why you seem to upset some people. To now come back and say that it wasn't meant that way when ;) at me does us both a disservice sir.

So, what are your thoughts on the Greyhounds marketing team?

Otto

I think the questionable comment was this one specifically

As someone who wants to get into a marketing career you really don't exert yourself too much.

If you took it personally, instead of whining about it, why not take the opportunity to educate the out of town fan and promote Sault Ste. Marie and everything your city has to offer?

Otto

Nauseating...yes....but nowhere near as bad as Owen Sound. I can't even watch games broadcast from that rink. By the way....why wasn't the game in HD? Found that odd too...or was it and it was just poor quality?

I believe it was the livestream feed... not made for TV.. so probably lower budget

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
For me, flip Omac for Thomas to create a shutdown line. Dale loves to lean on a checking unit if hes got the talent to pitone together and trust them.

Koukkanen/Pu/Jones
Thomas/Stephens/Salituro
Piccinich/Omac/Miletic
Carbonara/Foudy/Formenton

So many options n flexibilty thou. And we know well see a few different combos.

Stephens/Pu/Jones
Formenton/Thomas/Salituro
Piccinich/OMac/Carbonara
Koukkanen/Foudy/Miletic

Ok Im just going to stop now lol

I like MacDonald and understand defense is a valuable part but I think he should be on the fourth line now. MacDonald doesn't generate much offensively. Even Carbonara has impressed me with his hands and hockey IQ. The rest of the forwards are clearly well ahead of MacDonald for offensive purposes besides maybe Foudy and the other spares, imo. I could get behind a checking line of Piccinich/MacDonald/Carbonara. MacDonald's services are still needed, I just don't want him stifling guys like Miletic or get more ice time than Kuokkanen for example.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I like MacDonald and understand defense is a valuable part but I think he should be on the fourth line now. MacDonald doesn't generate much offensively. Even Carbonara has impressed me with his hands and hockey IQ. The rest of the forwards are clearly well ahead of MacDonald for offensive purposes besides maybe Foudy and the other spares, imo. I could get behind a checking line of Piccinich/MacDonald/Carbonara. MacDonald's services are still needed, I just don't want him stifling guys like Miletic or get more ice time than Kuokkanen for example.

I dont disagree, just posting what I think might work taking Dales past preferences into account.

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I would swap Formenton and Militec and have him centre the the line of foudy/tymken/carbonara

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa

There are two very important jobs commonly used in the game of hockey, one is offense and the other is called defense, hockey players uses both with a 200 foot ice. MacDonald figured that out long time ago, one day I hope fans will too, beside there are no # attached to lines at the moment.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
OHL Player of the Week: former London Knights Kole Sherwood

Columbus Blue Jackets prospect Kole Sherwood of the Flint Firebirds is the Pioneer Energy OHL Player of the Week for the week ending January 15 after recording 11 points in three games including seven goals and four assists with a plus-minus rating of plus-7.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/

teddd99

Sep 7, 2012
OHL Player of the Week: former London Knights Kole Sherwood

Columbus Blue Jackets prospect Kole Sherwood of the Flint Firebirds is the Pioneer Energy OHL Player of the Week for the week ending January 15 after recording 11 points in three games including seven goals and four assists with a plus-minus rating of plus-7.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/

Never understood trading him in the first place. He would have played 2nd line in London.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Never understood trading him in the first place. He would have played 2nd line in London.

Great returnfor London, based on what hed done in the O.
Maybe Sherwood thought it was best if he moved elsewhere?
Maybe Columbus thought it best he moved elsewhere?
Maybe London thought it best if he moved on?

There are reaaons, other than potential on ice contributions that kids are moved.
To me he wasnt a good fit here, but obviously is elsewhere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad