London Knights 2014-15 Season Thread (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
LOL at first I thought it was a link to guys debating with the word "bud" or "pal."

The hit was worthy of 10gp. There's no good that can possibly come from contact there. You hit him in any way, it's straight to the head of a guy who's not looking. In this case, you leave him alone, or poke with stick, and let the goalie figure it out.

KnightWatch

Sep 7, 2011
Unfortunately, losing Marchment for 10 games is probably irrelevant to Erie, where as losing Marner took away any chance the Knights had of competing in this series.

Nabru

Aug 29, 2009
I was enjoying the banter until you and PP started attacking Hockeye. Oh well, and people wonder why you guys are hated so much.

Derp!

Shouldn't you be posting in the off season thread?

Derp!

The Otter and Soo fans have become the most obnoxious and dumbest people on these boards. Except for Ottersnews and Dave Hahn. Only posters worth reading.

Add something to the discussion or go forth and multiply.

Last edited:

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
As much as I hate the guy I'm glad Domi isn't actually hurt. If he plays like first half Domi he'll be a heck of a player in the NHL.

I hope Marner isn't seriously hurt. What a player. I still don't understand why Marchment did that or what he was thinking. Never saw any dirty play from him this season up until this point.

Good luck next season, hope you get a new bench boss, for your sake.

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Derp!

The Otter and Soo fans are the most obnoxious and dumbest people on these boards. Except for Ottersnews and Dave Hahn. Only posters worth reading.

Eye mae bee dum, butt deaf in it lee knot abb knock shish!

I'm actually sorry you feel that way and I'm guessing you really don't mean that. There are plenty of posters on this forum who can have real good hockey discussions.

Playasateamplease

Feb 3, 2015
Unfortunately, losing Marchment for 10 games is probably irrelevant to Erie, where as losing Marner took away any chance the Knights had of competing in this series.

McDavid is one hell of a player. Everything that has been said about him is true. Incredible player! Even though he makes all of his teammates better, that team is going nowhere. It will take more than one incredible player to beat the Soo.

Speaking of one, thank goodness I will never have to watch this years 5-3 power play ever again. Sickening!

Great effort by the boy's though who were clearly undermanned! They gave everything they had and the results of the season based on the makeup of the team actually were incredible!

It has especially been a treat watching Rupert over the years! The ultimate team player! Thank You Matt!

OHL fan all the way

Jan 15, 2015
Niagara
McDavid is one hell of a player. Everything that has been said about him is true. Incredible player! Even though he makes all of his teammates better, that team is going nowhere. It will take more than one incredible player to beat the Soo.

Speaking of one, thank goodness I will never have to watch this years 5-3 power play ever again. Sickening!

Great effort by the boy's though who were clearly undermanned! They gave everything they had and the results of the season based on the makeup of the team actually were incredible!

It has especially been a treat watching Rupert over the years! The ultimate team player! Thank You Matt!

Strome is pretty good too, same for that Dibrincat kid, they aren't a one pony show.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If you told me after the first 5 games of the season that we would finish with 40 wins, third seed and a series win, I'd have thought you were crazy.

Positives from the season:

- Massive strides from Marner and especially Dvorak
- Play of Tyler Parsons
- Victor Mete
- Decision to sell: Was getting worried the little run in November would prompt management to buy. As we can see how this series went down, buying would have been a huge mistake and a waste of assets
- Berisha trade: Maybe he wasn't an upgrade over Welychka as I originally thought, but certainly wasn't a big downgrade and it came with a 2nd + 3rd
- Overall, the team played way above their expectations. Our rebuilding year ended up being a third seed finish

Still on the fence about the McCarron deal - the play of Cliff Pu next year will determine my opinion on that.

Negatives:
- Not trading Domi when his value was sky high after the WJC. I realize there were issues with the NTC but overall it's still disappointing that we couldn't have gotten future picks/players

Next year, a core of Marner/Dvorak/Mete/Parsons is a great start. Hopefully this team is contending again.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Strome is pretty good too, same for that Dibrincat kid, they aren't a one pony show.

And baptiste, and elie, and pettit when he returns, and Dermott..

They have others and Mcdavid was gone for 2 months with the broken hand and erie learned how to play without him

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
They were 11-9 during that stretch

Before the Marchment, Elie trade as well

Started 0-2 as they adjusted and lost to a full Oshawa squad the two times they played. So They largely held their own and went 11-5 against the rest.. Pretty good when Williams probably sucked in that stretch.. Still had multiple 5+ goal games in the stretch as well

Also baptiste wasn't added until the end of November.. And you don't just adjust to a new team in 2-4 games.. Takes awhile. So Erie was without 4 of their top 9 forwards and after starting 0-2 they adjusted and went 11-7 (with 2 losses against Oshawa.) pretty good if you ask me

Last edited:

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Next year, a core of Marner/Dvorak/Mete/Parsons is a great start. Hopefully this team is contending again.

Rymsha will chip in 60 pts next year, at least. I was right about him making main camp last year. ;)

Mete has mastered leverage and angling his body to absorb hits. On another note, In Game 3, outmuscling Mcdavid off the puck when Mcdavid dropped his shoulder and attempted to cut in on Mete. I think Mcdavid was real surprised he pushed him off the puck like that. Even the backpressure on Mcdavids breakway earlier in the game, forced Mcdavid into a rushed backhand that was stopped. I can watch him skate backwards all day long watching him calculate his gap distance and angles. Unbelievable.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Well it's tough to win hockey games when you lose possession of the puck in the offensive zone and then bail out of the zone like someone pulled a pin on a grenade and go wait at your own blueline.

Great playoffs by Mete, Martenent, Rymsha and of course Marner.

Giggy did what he could last night but the second goal was a back breaker.

I wish some Knights fans would get over the fact that **** happens in hockey. Losing Marner and Domi isn't going to make anyone happy but I saw a hit from MacDermind that came down to the size of two players and the Marner hit was cheap but I've seen that situation happen in hockey often this just ended with a bad result for Marner.

There isn't going to be a better solution when the end result of "illegal hits" is a suspension. What do you want to change... Forget suspending Marchment and MacDermind and suspend McDavid and Strome....

Few things need to change in London and start playing modern day hockey.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Before the Marchment, Elie trade as well

Started 0-2 as they adjusted and lost to a full Oshawa squad the two times they played. So They largely held their own and went 11-5 against the rest.. Pretty good when Williams probably sucked in that stretch.. Still had multiple 5+ goal games in the stretch as well

Also baptiste wasn't added until the end of November.. And you don't just adjust to a new team in 2-4 games.. Takes awhile. So Erie was without 4 of their top 9 forwards and after starting 0-2 they adjusted and went 11-7 (with 2 losses against Oshawa.) pretty good if you ask me

Now it looks like you're making excuses for their poor play. They also had losses to Kitchener, Sarnia & Windsor in that stretch

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
The Knights played that game just about as best they could last night. Some will criticize the sit back and wait approach, but when you are playing a team like Erie you really have no choice. As soon as you open it up you get burned easily. The Otters are bigger and faster than London and in the end their goalie got hot at the right time.

It was a fun season as the Knights over-achieved, looking forward to next season.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
DWI doesn't shake hands... Class act as always! No wonder the team is constantly full of jackasses like Rupert.

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Who returns as OA's and who leaves? Seguin,Hidi,Guigovaz,Sterk,Berisha,Bergman,Domi.

Sterk hidi and berisha the rest are gone Seguin is the bubble player that will battle berisha for tge third spot. Bergman is not good enough to play AHL next yyear i think he plays ECHL or goes back to Europe.

It shouldbe interesting to see what happens in the import draft. I know we will find an impact player for our cup run next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad