Prospect Info: Logan Stanley - Part III

Whileee

May 29, 2010
One of my main concerns about Stanley would be taking minor penalties. I think he is going to be prone to taking too many, which will curtail his effectiveness. He'll need to learn how to play D without taking too many penalties in the AHL before he can consider an NHL spot.

Reactions: Mud Turtle

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Nice to see those highlights of Stanley’s offense last season. Pretty nice vision and accuracy on his passing. His shot is really heavy and unlike Chiarot he seems to be able to hit the net. One expects D +2 1st round picks to dominate but there was still lots to like.

The AHL will be the perfect spot now for him for a few seasons. He needs to learn how to defend much better to get to the next level. The bulk of his challenge comes down to defensive footwork and quickness. The league is so much fast now and mobility is hard to fake and cover up. It remains to be seen if he can improve that area of his game enough but time will tell.
Exactly. But much like Myers, one thing that helps big guys is their long reach that can force guys to outside and behind the net when they turn.

Reactions: Ippenator

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
When used well it’s an asset. The weird thing is when Myers first joined the Jets I remember his poke check being an asset but as time has gone on I don’t remember the last time I saw him use it?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
When used well it’s an asset. The weird thing is when Myers first joined the Jets I remember his poke check being an asset but as time has gone on I don’t remember the last time I saw him use it?
Maurice really likes him on the PK and raves about his stick....I would have like to have seen Tyler traded the season before he got injured.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Maurice really likes him on the PK and raves about his stick....I would have like to have seen Tyler traded the season before he got injured.

I am not a big fan of Tyler on the PK....I prefer his work on the PP. From our blue line forward I have always liked his game.....in the D zone he struggles.

Reactions: Tommigun and kxx

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think he is just ok on the PK but ya, sucks in his own zone big time...especially for a 5.5m caphit.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I'm not huge on Chiarot, but I take him over Mark Stuart.

Fun game... who would be worse in the NHL?

A raw, undeveloped 2018-19 Logan Stanley.
Mark Stuart over 2013-15.

(insert poll)

The answer must be Stuart based on statistical analysis you're already aware of, otherwise you would not have asked. ;)

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I'm not huge on Chiarot, but I take him over Mark Stuart.

Fun game... who would be worse in the NHL?

A raw, undeveloped 2018-19 Logan Stanley.
Mark Stuart over 2013-15.

(insert poll)

Still have these on my computer. He is a uniquely bad hockey player.

4Pbp6yN.jpg

mBk8JrQ.jpg

0iktoGp.jpg

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Stanley should make for some lively moose discussion this year.
Just the opposite I think. IMO he’ll be sheltered so there won’t be to many big blunders to bring his detractors out and he’ll be playing down in the lineup so there won’t be much for his defenders to bring up either.

Reactions: ps241

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Just the opposite I think. IMO he’ll be sheltered so there won’t be to many big blunders to bring his detractors out and he’ll be playing down in the lineup so there won’t be much for his defenders to bring up either.

Agreed. There is also the possibility that he continues his recent trajectory and plays reasonably well, learns on the job, improves still further, and becomes a valued member of the squad.

Reactions: Heldig

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
The answer must be Stuart based on statistical analysis you're already aware of, otherwise you would not have asked. ;)
lol!

4Pbp6yN.jpg

mBk8JrQ.jpg

0iktoGp.jpg

I have a few... they were bad. Most of them the Stuart turns a normal zone exit by the opposition into a 2-on-1 against Trouba.

Still wondering why the profanity filter does not wipe away Stuart's name.

My bad.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Oh that pairing was so much fun!!!
Fun like a barrel of monkeys, but a barrel of monkeys isn't so good at xGA.

Normally I'm fairly chill watching Jets games, but that pair brought out the worst. I think I still have some weird psychological triggers whenever I encounter some combination of the numbers 23 and 5. I'm not sure I'll ever recover fully...

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
How has Logan Stanley looked in training camp thus far?

He ain't no Mark Stuart.

People in the TC thread have noted that he seems more positionally sound, more mobile, quicker and sharper, but hasn't hit prime Kostalek yet.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I liked the video of him battling Matty P, but he's always had the size and reach to battle down low.

What I really want to see (hopefully tonight in exhibition game 1), is how he deals with speed coming down his side.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Stanley looked great last night. Calm with the puck, made the safe plays, a menace physically. Didn't get to see him unleash the cannon yet but it's always there.

I'm curious to see what happens when paired with a Poolman type. Even Chiarot used to look good with Buff.

By the looks of it Stanley is going to have a decent season on the farm.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

4Pbp6yN.jpg

mBk8JrQ.jpg

0iktoGp.jpg

This reminds me of a valuable asset possessed by BLS. Like Stuart, his name contains an easy-to-shout vowel for use in key game situations (and by Beyak). How long before we get to hear cries of “Looooooooooogaaaaaaaann” to rival the “Stuuuuuu” of days gone by?

Reactions: littlerocketboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad