Rumor: Logan Stanley has asked for a trade

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
His allure is like when a dude thinks he can "fix" a chick who is crazy and hot

The thought of teaching a 6'7 defender with grit to actually play must be tantalizing

The potential upside is impossible to ignore, but it ain't ever gonna materialize
Now you're gonna teach him grit, too?

Reactions: Tasteless Beaver

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I remember after the draft and the recap of the canadian teams on various media channels

one of the topics amongst insiders was various GM's thoughts and they said who was winnipeg trying to beat to punch when they traded up for him.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Sounds like a great age gap target for the Canucks.

Nils Hoglander or a 3rd round pick, take your pick, Chevy

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
He's big but isn't very physical. When he does try to play physical it usually leads to him being out of position and making a mistake.

He doesn't skate well and he can't fight for shit. He has been given many chances to show something in the NHL and has failed each time.

If he somehow feels slighted by the Jets then maybe he needs to look in the mirror and realize he isn't good at his job.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
This franchise seems determined to find the next Chara.

1677802308518.png

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Sigh it feels weird to be defending Stanley as I've been a major critic of the pick since it was made.

People saying that "he's not physical" are wrong. He's not Pronger, Chara or Parayko but he's still reasonably physical.

Someone said "he's dumb" that's certainly not true either, in fact his first pass is one of the strengths of his game and that's usually a sign of a reasonable hockey IQ. His offensive zone decision making is pretty good as well, but he just doesn't have the skillset to be an offensive D-man.

His big issue has always been his agility, he's got decent strength line speed but he gets backed in on zone entries because he can't turn well and can struggle with quick forwards in his defensive zone coverage. This means he can struggle defensively, but he's actually improved quite a bit since he was drafted and is a fairly good penalty killer.

The big problem I have with him on Jets these days is that he fills the same role as Dylan Samberg and Brendon Dillon and both are better than he is in this role.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Sigh it feels weird to be defending Stanley as I've been a major critic of the pick since it was made.

People saying that "he's not physical" are wrong. He's not Pronger, Chara or Parayko but he's still reasonably physical.

Someone said "he's dumb" that's certainly not true either, in fact his first pass is one of the strengths of his game and that's usually a sign of a reasonable hockey IQ. His offensive zone decision making is pretty good as well, but he just doesn't have the skillset to be an offensive D-man.

His big issue has always been his agility, he's got decent strength line speed but he gets backed in on zone entries because he can't turn well and can struggle with quick forwards in his defensive zone coverage. This means he can struggle defensively, but he's actually improved quite a bit since he was drafted and is a fairly good penalty killer.

The big problem I have with him on Jets these days is that he fills the same role as Dylan Samberg and Brendon Dillon and both are better than he is in this role.

Funny you mention Parayko as being physical, seeing as I went through most of these comments saying “oh I wish he actually used his size” and thought I had been transported back to the Blues board.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Why wouldn't he wait until the off-season to request a trade? Better to have a playoffs with the Jets than golfing in Chicago.

Exactly, like if he gets traded to a playoff team he probably won't be playing and if not he'll just have an early summer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad