Recalled/Assigned: Logan Shaw recalled, Rocco Grimaldi assigned to Portland

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
I would still rather play Howden over Shaw, Grimaldi. All of us are still mad at him for a turnover he made a long time ago. If we give Matheson a chance i think we should give Howden a chance.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
It is very obvious that since late season Howden has been in Gallants dog house. So I don't expect he will play a big role. Gallant has no confidence in him or doesn't like his game.

It's kinda weird. Howden speed would really help and Howden seems to get us many PP's

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
At least he gets some penalties drawn that way :laugh:

I'd like to see the powerplay improve but I'm starting to accept that it's probably not going to happen at this point. I don't understand how this team can't be lethal with the man advantage with the skill they have.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'd like to see the powerplay improve but I'm starting to accept that it's probably not going to happen at this point. I don't understand how this team can't be lethal with the man advantage with the skill they have.

Very simple... Inexperience... It will get better with time together and nhk experience running power plays..the best power plays have skilled vets that have been together a while...

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Also I'm glad shaw is back up... He should have been here over Wilson imo.. He should be good in playoffs... Not sure who's gonna play center tho maybe jokinen? That's who I would play there... Can't have mckegg and Mac center in the bottom 2 lines that would kill our offensive depth

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Also I'm glad shaw is back up... He should have been here over Wilson imo.. He should be good in playoffs... Not sure who's gonna play center tho maybe jokinen? That's who I would play there... Can't have mckegg and Mac center in the bottom 2 lines that would kill our offensive depth

That's interesting, I think Purcell-Jokinen-Hudler would be a nice line. But who would we stick on LW 2 in that case?

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
That's interesting, I think Purcell-Jokinen-Hudler would be a nice line. But who would we stick on LW 2 in that case?

That would be a great center option altho I dont want to split up Jokinen-Smith but that 3rd line is gonna get eaten up

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Not real sure... That's the dilemma... We aren't as deep as we thought.. Could be hudler jugs smith... Shaw jokinen teddy that's what I would do but it's really risky to try new combos like that in middle of series... One or two mistakes could give the entire game away... Gallant has a dilemma that's what he's here for.. We do have massive holes in bottom 6 and middle 6 depth... Crouse and lamiko could alleviate some of that

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
Not real sure... That's the dilemma... We aren't as deep as we thought.. Could be hudler jugs smith... Shaw jokinen teddy that's what I would do but it's really risky to try new combos like that in middle of series... One or two mistakes could give the entire game away... Gallant has a dilemma that's what he's here for.. We do have massive holes in bottom 6 and middle 6 depth... Crouse and lamiko could alleviate some of that

In terms of tomorrow though- idk. I think you're right, we shouldn't be messing with the chemistry right now. I think we should keep the top 6 as is. Why break up whats working?

Maybe keep it as simple as slotting in Shaw or Howden to 3C. Rather see Howden

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
In terms of tomorrow though- idk. I think you're right, we shouldn't be messing with the chemistry right now. I think we should keep the top 6 as is. Why break up whats working?

Maybe keep it as simple as slotting in Shaw or Howden to 3C. Rather see Howden

I doubt gallant will put someone who doesn't play c there... But who know

Bure1022*

Called it. Shaw is the one guy thy deserves this. He played more than any of the other call ups. He was solid most of his time up. I like him.

Wilson needs to keep banging bodies. I'm starting to really like him.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'd rather have Howden in the Shaw. We have a speed advantage against the Islanders, Howden will only help that. I do not get why people like Shaw. He doesn't do anything good. He doesn't score, doesn't hit, what does he add? I'd rather have Knight or McKegg up again centering the fourth, move Mack down to the third.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011

I remember some people wondering whats the need of purcell or even hudler :laugh:

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'd rather have Howden in the Shaw. We have a speed advantage against the Islanders, Howden will only help that. I do not get why people like Shaw. He doesn't do anything good. He doesn't score, doesn't hit, what does he add? I'd rather have Knight or McKegg up again centering the fourth, move Mack down to the third.

Shaw scores just as much as howden and hits just as much.. he makes less mistakes than howden which Is critical for a 4th liner.. yes howden can bring more but he can also hurt u where shaw wouldnt.... he adds 10 mins of dependable mistake free hockey which is valuable in playoffs.. howden is a bigger risk

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Sending Grimaldi back confused me...now you gotta stick some schlub with Hudler and Purcell which immediately makes that line a non factor. At least with Grimaldi it had a fighting chance.

prohockey

Jul 2, 2012
Sending Grimaldi back confused me...now you gotta stick some schlub with Hudler and Purcell which immediately makes that line a non factor. At least with Grimaldi it had a fighting chance.

A fighting chance when the 5 ft 8 frame got knocked off of the puck every time he touched it. Tried to hit and was like a fly on an elephant. There was no fighting chance.

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
Completely agree, Rocco can draw penalties and puts the Islander defense back on their heels whenever he used his speed. Now all the Isles have to do is focus on containing Smith's speed, everyone else should be no problem until Trocheck comes back.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Completely agree, Rocco can draw penalties and puts the Islander defense back on their heels whenever he used his speed. Now all the Isles have to do is focus on containing Smith's speed, everyone else should be no problem until Trocheck comes back.

He put noone bacon on their heels that is laughable... he was a complete Jon factor and borderline liability... he did good in regular season last couple games but he can't handle this pace... he looks panicked and over his head which is fine.. he needs more time... I like his tools... he has time to put them together

Crossbar

Apr 29, 2003
48" above the ice
He put noone bacon on their heels that is laughable... he was a complete Jon factor and borderline liability... he did good in regular season last couple games but he can't handle this pace... he looks panicked and over his head which is fine.. he needs more time... I like his tools... he has time to put them together
We'll see, maybe Mack goes between Purcell and Hudler to keep the speed element. Besides the pass to Purcell in Game 1, Hudler has been useless with only 1 SOG in 2 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad