Confirmed with Link: Logan Mailloux Signed to 3-Year ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
True but better to wait extra time to make sure it's fully healed. At any rate, they should know what they're doing.
How come it takes so long to recover from a shoulder injury that happened back in January or February with the best sports physicians around ?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
How come it takes so long to recover from a shoulder injury that happened back in January or February with the best sports physicians around ?

I don't know. But when the injury happened they told us he probably wouldn't be ready in time for the OHL season.

So I don't know what everyone is worried about because he's not ready to start the season.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
So basically you're saying "woke" is now a mainstream set of values amongst your people, so we shouldn't use the word.... because?

The people who the word described have stopped using the word... Pal, are you drunk?

EDIT you posted at 1:06am... yeah you were lol. Been there
haha i can't stop you from saying anything, my dude. go right ahead.

i can only restate that saying "woke" makes you sound like an out-of-touch TV pundit trying to start up some culture wars. and it has definitely gone mainstream among young people, and none of them are saying it anymore for the reason i provided. cheers

HitHard

Oct 5, 2021
haha i can't stop you from saying anything, my dude. go right ahead.

i can only restate that saying "woke" makes you sound like an out-of-touch TV pundit trying to start up some culture wars. and it has definitely gone mainstream among young people, and none of them are saying it anymore for the reason i provided. cheers
Woke.

Leave the 19 yo old kid alone commie. He was abused sexually as a minor with liquor by an adult woman that was attracted to muscle kids: no pity for her. Then he was abused publicly by idiotic medias & matriarchal morons while those people supported criminal pimps like Stevenson in boxing.

The kid has more courage than any whiner’s without a spine on HF…

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Woke.

Leave the 19 yo old kid alone commie. He was abused sexually as a minor with liquor by an adult woman that was attracted to muscle kids: no pity for her. Then he was abused publicly by idiotic medias & matriarchal morons while those people supported criminal pimps like Stevenson in boxing.

The kid has more courage than any whiner’s without a spine on HF…
brah I haven't mentioned Mailloux once in this thread :shakehead

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal
Did I take a wrong turn and ended in the Journal de Montréal comments

A mod had a “hockey only” discussion tag in a Mailloux thread title. And you guessed it, it turned into the usual feeding frenzy and virtue signaling and how he’s a criminal, the me too movement and cancel culture arguments were right behind.
You know it's funny cause I remember these arguments. On the other side, you had plenty of people fawning over the virtue of second chances, rehabilitation, stuff like that. Almost as if they were... signalling their virtue.

This is why virtue signalling might be one of the stupidest things to have come out of internet culture in the past decade. Every argument about societal stuff has people with opposing values. Of course they would be invoked. To try to shut that down with the "virtue signalling" buzzword probably means the argument you had wasn't very good otherwise it would be your strong point.

Can we just keep that word to big corporations trying to showcase how hip they are while they are supporting harmful policies smh

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Did I take a wrong turn and ended in the Journal de Montréal comments

You know it's funny cause I remember these arguments. On the other side, you had plenty of people fawning over the virtue of second chances, rehabilitation, stuff like that. Almost as if they were... signalling their virtue.

This is why virtue signalling might be one of the stupidest things to have come out of internet culture in the past decade. Every argument about societal stuff has people with opposing values. Of course they would be invoked. To try to shut that down with the "virtue signalling" buzzword probably means the argument you had wasn't very good otherwise it would be your strong point.

Can we just keep that word to big corporations trying to showcase how hip they are while they are supporting harmful policies smh
Did I take the wrong turn and ended up in a crap fest?

I wasn’t defending any of what you’re overreaching to denounce.

So you don’t like the use of “virtue signalling” — and you choose to object to the term as an excuse to vomit an empty dissertation about societal “stuff”.

How intellectually refined your “societal stuff” reference from someone no less, who accuses others of writing in the JdM comments section. Can you be more generic?

I imagine “societal stuff” is a lot more edifying than the expression you abhor. “Societal stuff” couldn’t possibly be one of the “stupidest things” anyone could utter.

What high school year book did you lift that from?

And you have the gall to assert that the use of “virtue signalling” probably means that the argument I was presenting was “not good.” :laugh:

You completely missed the point thanks to your obsession with destroying a currently used term that you don’t like and you conveniently and condescendingly latched onto my message which only incidentally mentions the term within a wider-ranging argument but which, sadly, flew over your head.

You’re painting my text as JdM fodder while you’ve peppered your holier-than-thou post with such timeless gems like “and stuff like that”, “societal stuff”, stupidest “things” and qualifying an argument as “not being very good.”

It’s common knowledge that these types of bland descriptives and generalizations are the English language equivalent of what characterizes the JdM.

Inferring that others are partaking in that rag when your text is evocative of its trash writing, has to be the ultimate irony.

Thanks for nothing.

Last edited:

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
Is Mailloux still training with the team? Will he be transfered back to London only when he is ready to play?

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
Being responsible for your own actions isn't cancel culture. Don't rape, molest, sexually harass, insult, be bigoted, touch children, or be misogynistic towards people. It's not hard. I don't have the urge to murder or rape people when I see women dressed a certain way, it's not a normal feeling I have to contain.

Anyways, I am not sure about the signing not because of the PR implications but the fact that he's played 12 games since being drafted. We've got to hope he has a monster season in the OHL. Management must be impressed by what he's shown in drills and it did feel like him spending the summer in Montreal was a probation period for him to meet with the team and learn about what they want from him.
He didn't do any of the things you mentioned, so he's good then right?

Actually he was the child being touched in his story, litterally.

And the photo he took shows absolutely nothing sexual happening.

If anything, the adult woman who was giving him a bl**j** would be a pedophile under many countries laws. She's the actual sex offender.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

If anything, the adult woman who was giving him a bl**j** would be a pedophile under many countries laws. She's the actual sex offender.
Firstly, you are grossly misunderstanding the law. He wasn't a child in the country he was in, which has an age of consent of 15 with people aged 15-16 being allowed with such and such age, and the girl from what I recall was a year older.

Even in Canada age of consent is 16. Statutory rape only applies after you're more than several years older. There's not a single country in which you are labeled a sex offender for sleeping with someone one year younger than you.

Secondly, you are victim blaming. He took the photo and shared it. The girl did nothing wrong legally or otherwise, blaming her is absurd.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015

I think you should take a chill pill away from the internet (are you also fantasizing about beating up Iranian women in your spare time?). This is a hockey forum, and you’re not doing the guy this thread is about a service with your extreme ranting. I doubt he would want any association with it.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

MoneyManny

Jun 28, 2021
I think you should take a chill pill away from the internet (are you also fantasizing about beating up Iranian women in your spare time?). This is a hockey forum, and you’re not doing the guy this thread is about a service with your extreme ranting. I doubt he would want any association with it.
What? Not ranting at all, you're weird

irstly, you are grossly misunderstanding the law. He wasn't a child in the country he was in, which has an age of consent of 15 with people aged 15-16 being allowed with such and such age, and the girl from what I recall was a year older.

Even in Canada age of consent is 16. Statutory rape only applies after you're more than several years older. There's not a single country in which you are labeled a sex offender for sleeping with someone one year younger than you.

Secondly, you are victim blaming. He took the photo and shared it. The girl did nothing wrong legally or otherwise, blaming her is absurd.
I mentioned in my comment "many countries", including the USA.

I would like to know which countries label you a sex offender for showing a picture that shows absolutely nothing sexual to a few friends, as a minor?

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Is Mailloux still training with the team? Will he be transfered back to London only when he is ready to play?
You’re asking a strictly hockey related question? What are you? A hockey fan? Unthinkable.

Garo

Jul 30, 2005
Montréal

So you don’t like the use of “virtue signalling” — and you choose to object to the term as an excuse to vomit an empty dissertation about societal “stuff”.

How intellectually refined your “societal stuff” reference from someone no less, who accuses others of writing in the JdM comments section. Can you be more generic?

I imagine “societal stuff” is a lot more edifying than the expression you abhor. “Societal stuff” couldn’t possibly be one of the “stupidest things” anyone could utter.

And you have the gall to assert that the use of “virtue signalling” probably means that the argument I was presenting was “not good.” :laugh:

You completely missed the point thanks to your obsession with destroying a currently used term that you don’t like and you conveniently and condescendingly latched onto my message which only incidentally mentions the term within a wider-ranging argument but which, sadly, flew over your head.

You’re painting my text as JdM fodder while you’ve peppered your holier-than-thou post with such timeless gems like “and stuff like that”, “societal stuff”, stupidest “things” and qualifying an argument as “not being very good.”

It’s common knowledge that these types of bland descriptives and generalizations are the English language equivalent of what characterizes the JdM.

Inferring that others are partaking in that rag when your text is evocative of its trash writing, has to be the ultimate irony.

Thanks for nothing.

Actually, no. The JdM thing was before I saw your post and a reference to the commie posts. Hence, you know, the multiple edits to add that in after.

But... my god dude, this is such a silly response. All I said - in my empty dissertation of two paragraphs of four sentences unlike... what this is that took my whole page - was that the word was stupid. Which I stand by. And that portraying it as an issue of one side is super silly, which I also stand by. I didn't say you agreed to their arguments.

Harping on societal stuff for so long... I mean lmao of course its a silly wording. No, I did not write my thesis as Societal Stuffs and How to Find them. Seriously, what is this? It's an empty word used in a very unserious setting because hey, that point is so general I don't need to academize it. That's very much the same as saying someone is a commie because they called pundits out of touch.

Again, my point is setting debates that way is beyond stupid. Nothing you said challenges that. You took a minor point so personally for no reason, you vomited a bunch of bad insults - which unironically, proves exactly the point I was making - in an attempt to not be childish as portraying me as a child? Honestly, if that is how you reply to humans, please take some time off, I wouldn't get this mad at my cat after tantruming through the whole house.

• Haha

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Actually, no. The JdM thing was before I saw your post and a reference to the commie posts. Hence, you know, the multiple edits to add that in after.

But... my god dude, this is such a silly response. All I said - in my empty dissertation of two paragraphs of four sentences unlike... what this is that took my whole page - was that the word was stupid. Which I stand by. And that portraying it as an issue of one side is super silly, which I also stand by. I didn't say you agreed to their arguments.

Harping on societal stuff for so long... I mean lmao of course its a silly wording. No, I did not write my thesis as Societal Stuffs and How to Find them. Seriously, what is this? It's an empty word used in a very unserious setting because hey, that point is so general I don't need to academize it. That's very much the same as saying someone is a commie because they called pundits out of touch.

Again, my point is setting debates that way is beyond stupid. Nothing you said challenges that. You took a minor point so personally for no reason, you vomited a bunch of bad insults - which unironically, proves exactly the point I was making - in an attempt to not be childish as portraying me as a child? Honestly, if that is how you reply to humans, please take some time off, I wouldn't get this mad at my cat after tantruming through the whole house.
What kind of a garbage reply is this?

First off, you come at me with an ad hominem post. And you throw a condescending reference to a JdM comment section while you write like a JdM subscriber and now you think you’re some kind of authority who can infer emotion from a sterile medium such as this. That takes the cake. :laugh:

I don’t get fazed by posters like you who resort to attacking comments without even having been provoked. I simply respond in kind. You started this with your insults.

I don’t know you from a hole in the wall and yet there has been a recurring pattern of you making snide comments about other posts I’ve made. Again, never once did I initiate anything, it’s all you.

I was and am doing perfectly fine not having to interact with someone who resorts to unprovoked insulting commentary.

Since, however, you appear to be so hell bent on writing crap about my posts and attacking me personally, why don’t you look in the mirror? You might just find out that the human who needs time off is staring right back at you.

Have a wonderful day and please spread your good cheer on someone else’s offerings.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm very happy about that. Mailloux tools is truly impressive. High talent, high potential.

Mandala

Dec 7, 2006
You’re asking a strictly hockey related question? What are you? A hockey fan? Unthinkable.
Lol. I am indeed interested by the player. I found little information besides it is expected is rehabilitation will extend to the end of the month.

Last season, he got injured in a fight after a promising start. I hope he focuses on developing his play this year in London.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

Thanks for nothing.
Let him have it runner. For what it’s worth, I agree with everything you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad