Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

1664974844401.png

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It was always going to happen if he did good in making amends, after enough time had passed . I take it this is a sign that everything has gone smoothly and everybody is ready to move on now. Congrats to the kid for taking it seriously and working hard at climbing his way back. Have a full injury free season now kid, you really need to play some games !

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Happy there's some finality about this for the next 3 years and hopefully we can move on from the controversy and move forward with what I hope is a bright future.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Meh, we'll see how he turns out. Would have preferred that compensation 2nd rounder in a strong 2023 draft. He has barely any games last 2 years to show anything and might have shoulder problems going forward. That's ignoring the PR stink that will forever follow his name.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yay!

Congrats to Mailloux.

I hope really has learned his lesson and can serve as a counter force to inappropriate Male sexual behavior/violating other's personal privacy.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Timing is right IMO, don't get to close to letting him go back in draft or having to move him. I really like our young D. Him, Guhle, Harris, Barron, Hutson, Xhekaj.

We have not had this many young promising D since about 1992 when we had
Rivet 18
Brisebois 21
sean Hill 22
Desjardins 23
Schneider 23
Odelein 24

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Meh, we'll see how he turns out. Would have preferred that compensation 2nd rounder in a strong 2023 draft. He has barely any games last 2 years to show anything and might have shoulder problems going forward. That's ignoring the PR stink that will forever follow his name.

Hmm... Mailloux is a very solid prospect with high potential. I rather have him than a 2nd round pick.

His tools are too impressive.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
This is the right move. Too much potential to pass up.

I don't usually do this, but I hope all of the hysterical posters who kept posting that he would not get signed in order for the Habs to please the woke crowd (or whatever non sense) eat some crow. They took the right hockey AND humane decision. The kid is no angel, just like most of us, but he actually paid for his crime under the law and his showing that one can become a better person.

Now though, the kid must stay healthy, he needs to play A LOT of hockey now.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
It's unlikely that a 6ft3 Dman with Mailloux's tools will be available in the 2nd even in a strong draft. I'm sure they've carefully investigated his shoulder issue. As for the PR stink, he made a serious and stupid mistake as a 17-year old. There are some star players in the NHL who have done much worse as adults.

Weird signing didn't they have another year to watch his progression before having to make this decision
What's the downside to signing him? I mean...7th round picks get ELCs. It's not like we signed him to an 8-year $50m contract.

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad