Confirmed with Link: Logan Mailloux Signed to 3-Year ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Thank-you. I’m humbled and thankful for your kindness.
wasn't PMJT one of the virtue signalers, calling out an 18yo on Twitter? yet he himself, well.. u know.

Meh, we'll see how he turns out. Would have preferred that compensation 2nd rounder in a strong 2023 draft. He has barely any games last 2 years to show anything and might have shoulder problems going forward. That's ignoring the PR stink that will forever follow his name.
we could trade him for more than a 2nd rounder in 23.... think my friend.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Meh, we'll see how he turns out. Would have preferred that compensation 2nd rounder in a strong 2023 draft. He has barely any games last 2 years to show anything and might have shoulder problems going forward. That's ignoring the PR stink that will forever follow his name.

Nah, we would have gotten the 2nd last pick in 2nd round. It's the same spot one round later. It's far better to give the kid a chance & sign him. He's a RD prospect which is our weakest position. You're not getting a better prospect than Mailloux late 2nd round.

He spent pretty much his entire summer in Montreal, so I think HuGo now know him well, and are confident in his abilities.

Hopefully, he stays healthy. Wouldn't mind seeing a Xhekaj - Mailloux pairing one of these days.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
More importantly,how long until he can play a meaningful game,how serious is his injury?

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Realistically what he did was stupid and criminal, I was very upset when we picked him especially after he declared he didn't want to be picked. It was basically a homerun pick with the last pick of the 1st round, swing for a guy with upside, and if the publicity is too bad we can still get a 2nd round pick for not signing him. A nice parting gift from Bergevin.

I am inclined to believe that it was a stupid decision on his part. I would not call it a mistake because the intent was clear. But let's focus on the intent.

What were his intentions?

Was it to publicly humiliate a girl because he is a predatory asshole? I doubt it.

Was it a childish attempt to gain popularity with his teammates? Most likely.

Sadly, whether you guys will admit it or not, this is a very commonplace activity amongst teens in the US and Canada. Especially among white male athletes, as evidenced by the Team Canada gang rape. These are young kids who love themselves and think they are untouchable because of their coaches and spoiled upbringings.

I've spent a lot of time in Sweden. It is a far more progressive country, consistently ranked as one of the most gender-neutral countries in the world. There is much more emphasis placed on consent and sexual boundaries in Sweden, and children are more properly educated about it. Most likely Mailloux thought he was doing something cool, that he had seen other teammates/friends in NA do, and the result was that the young Swedish players on his team were disgusted by him and reported him, something that would have never crossed his mind.

I'm not saying what he did was okay, he was looking for clout at someone else's expense. Corny behavior. But it is certainly not something that he cannot be rehabilitated from with proper education and sensitivity training. And if he gets his ass kicked on the ice every game he will have earned it.

Rant over.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Realistically what he did was stupid and criminal, I was very upset when we picked him especially after he declared he didn't want to be picked. It was basically a homerun pick with the last pick of the 1st round, swing for a guy with upside, and if the publicity is too bad we can still get a 2nd round pick for not signing him. A nice parting gift from Bergevin.

I am inclined to believe that it was a stupid decision on his part. I would not call it a mistake because the intent was clear. But let's focus on the intent.

Was it to publicly humiliate a girl because he is a predatory asshole? I doubt it.

Sadly, whether you guys will admit it or not, this is a very commonplace activity amongst teens in the US and Canada. Especially among white male athletes, as evidenced by the Team Canada gang rape. These are young kids who love themselves and think they are untouchable because of their coaches and spoiled upbringings.

I've spent a lot of time in Sweden. It is a far more progressive country, consistently ranked as one of the most gender-neutral countries in the world. There is much more emphasis placed on consent and sexual boundaries in Sweden, and children are more properly educated about it. Most likely Mailloux thought he was doing something cool, that he had seen other teammates/friends in NA do, and the result was that the young Swedish players on his team were disgusted by him and reported him, something that would have never crossed his mind.

I'm not saying what he did was okay, he was looking for clout at someone else's expense. Corny behavior. But it is certainly not something that he cannot be rehabilitated from with proper education and sensitivity training. And if he gets his ass kicked on the ice every game he will have earned it.

Rant over.
The article that revealed the whole thing last year mentioned the picture was posted on a team chat where the guys shared their conquests and adventures. His teammates even asked for more details. Mailloux was the only underage kid on the team and the only one from NA. Nobody on the team reported him. The girl ended up learning about the photo existence and she sued him for defamation.

Reactions: cajmonkey

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Very happy to hear that. That means Mailloux is high on their chart, and that's good news concerning his potential.

A few months back I was sure they were going to get rid of him, although it became obvious they wouldn't when we kept seeing Mailloux involved with the core of the team. I was wrong, and am pleasantly surprised.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
PSA i have to get off my chest: the use of "woke" is just cringey in this thread. kind of like my dad who learns a slang word 5 years too late and starts using it, thinking he's cool suddenly.

everyone this word is intended to describe contemptuously has stopped using it a long time ago. that's because it's not special anymore. it's not new. it's just a mainstream set of values among young people. :dunno:

so, that leaves us with out-of-touch media pundits and their followers, who keep hammering this word to drum up some culture wars :laugh: but keep going I guess fellas

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

Rant over.
That is most likely it, that probably to sort of thing that he saw in happen in London, in the Q in my hometown highscool girls would just wait in line at motel waiting for there turn to get F… he was 17yo wanted to be cool… Clearly the intention wasn’t to humiliate her since he didn’t post it to the internet he send to teammates also you couldn’t identify the girl from the picture it because he also posted a screen shot of a social media profile that she was identified ( likely to prove that she was hot) It isn’t a great situation regardless but there are clearly much worst thing happen that go unpunished, he face justice + he was suspended in the OHL… the thing that is puzzling to me it seem like the girl side only wanted a sincere apology and from is side she was out to ruin is career, I guessing the truth always lie somewhere in the middle but he probably didn’t handle the situation appropriately… but now that it is settle it should be behind him and unless he does a other stupid thing it shouldn’t be brought up every time is name is mentioned…

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

Rant over.
You mean that he will have his ass kicked by those North American players who weren’t engaged in the commonplace activity that Mailloux engaged in ?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

In this article, Mailloux's agent says that the follow up with the doctors on his shoulder has been positive and he should be cleared for contact in the next week or so.

He will be sent back to London and it'll take about another 2-3 weeks to get into game shape. So his return should be end of October start of November.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

In this article, Mailloux's agent says that the follow up with the doctors on his shoulder has been positive and he should be cleared for contact in the next week or so.

He will be sent back to London and it'll take about another 2-3 weeks to get into game shape. So his return should be end of October start of November.

I hope they don't rush anything. Make sure he's healthy and won't re-injure the shoulder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schooner Guy

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
PSA i have to get off my chest: the use of "woke" is just cringey in this thread. kind of like my dad who learns a slang word 5 years too late and starts using it, thinking he's cool suddenly.

everyone this word is intended to describe contemptuously has stopped using it a long time ago. that's because it's not special anymore. it's not new. it's just a mainstream set of values among young people. :dunno:

so, that leaves us with out-of-touch media pundits and their followers, who keep hammering this word to drum up some culture wars :laugh: but keep going I guess fellas
So basically you're saying "woke" is now a mainstream set of values amongst your people, so we shouldn't use the word.... because?

The people who the word described have stopped using the word... Pal, are you drunk?

EDIT you posted at 1:06am... yeah you were lol. Been there

Reactions: aresknights
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad