Injury Report: Logan Couture on Crutches with Boot (Update: Broken Fibula) - 10/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Sounds like typical vague talk when it comes to Sharks injuries. Deboer has been shown the dw dvd's.

I wouldn't get my hopes up or down in any way over this.

Yeah that's true it kinda does sound that way. He sounded like he was making some good progress when he was skating in full equipment though so this almost sounds like a set back.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Here's an update on Couture's status: http://www.csnbayarea.com/sharks/braun-couture-both-practice-sharks-monday

If you don't wanna read the article here's a few quotes:

Although he’s skating aggressively, he indicated he doesn’t feel completely comfortable just yet. He’s fine when taking a normal skating stride, but cutting, stopping abruptly or taking that explosive first step isn’t yet where it needs to be.

“Until then, I’m not going to force my way out there and put myself in a bad spot,†Couture said.

There is also a mental hurdle for Couture to overcome from having a surgical procedure more than six weeks ago to repair his fractured right fibula at the ankle. He’s fortunate in that he has Mike Brown around after Brown had a similar injury last season that kept the fourth line forward out for most of the second half.

“[I’ve] just talked to him, asked him how he felt, the different things that have happened while skating,†Couture said.

Sounds like Couture is just being very cautious which I'm glad to hear because I really don't want him back unless he's 100%. Anybody think he'll be back before Christmas? I really hope so.

ChubbChubby

Using tilt controls!
Nov 28, 2009
San Francisco, CA
I'm fine with him taking his time. His long term health is more important and it's reassuring to hear that he's doing everything he can without rushing.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
As much as it sucks to not have him, we can survive without him. I'm glad he's looking to be 100% before coming back. Too many players try to come back too early. The rest of his career and general livelihood is more important than a few games.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I believe Couture has been activated from IR.

Hopefully that means he's ready to play 'cus this team has badly missed him.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Paul Gackle @GackleReport
Logan Couture skating on a line with Ward + Marleau at #SJSharks practice today, a good indication he'll go mañana v. Flames

As I mentioned yesterday I'm pretty sure he's been activated from LTIR...I think Smith has gone on it.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
And confirmation...

San Jose Sharks @SanJoseSharks
.@Logancouture has been activated from IR. #SJSharks

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
As I mentioned yesterday I'm pretty sure he's been activated from LTIR...I think Smith has gone on it.

Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 3m3 minutes ago Ben Smith also going on the road trip. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in tomorrow or Wednesday #SJSharks

While Vlasic is not going on trip, but is on the "horizon".

Interesting what the CAP will look like. Not feeling up to working it out right now.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 3m3 minutes ago Ben Smith also going on the road trip. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him in tomorrow or Wednesday #SJSharks

While Vlasic is not going on trip, but is on the "horizon".

Smith is on IR, possibly LTIR (can come off at any time as it'll be retroactive until whenever it was in October her was injured).

It's possible Smith gets activated & plays on this trip but someone else is going to have to come off the roster.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Smith is on IR, possibly LTIR (can come off at any time as it'll be retroactive until whenever it was in October her was injured).

It's possible Smith gets activated & plays on this trip but someone else is going to have to come off the roster.

Tierney?

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

He practiced with the team today as one of five 4th liners.

Maybe he gets left behind for the road trip but as of right now Smith is on IR and the Sharks are carrying 13 forwards and 8 d-men on the active roster.

Edit: They could also put Vlasic on IR but they'd still need to make a move beyond that to get under the cap.

Last edited:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Uughghhhhh if Vlasic is out for more than a couple of games we're pretty ****ed.

Good teams overcome these kind of issues.

Besides, in past years, Vlasic was one of two or three defensemen who could move the puck well. Now, there are plenty of guys who can fit that role.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

Besides, in past years, Vlasic was one of two or three defensemen who could move the puck well. Now, there are plenty of guys who can fit that role.

I agree. Our defense wasn't so bad against Tampa - and we are going to be playing Calgary and Edmonton. Obviously, every game is its own challenge, but I wouldn't count Vlasic being out as a death sentence. These are two very winnable games coming up.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area

Give it a rest. We aren't a "good team", we're an above average team who needs its #1D to continue to be an above average team.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Give it a rest. We aren't a "good team", we're an above average team who needs its #1D to continue to be an above average team.

it's not even true anyway. the way good teams "overcome" injuries is to get the injured players back in the lineup and return to a high win rate. no team in the modern era can actually overcome the loss of multiple key players.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
it's not even true anyway. the way good teams "overcome" injuries is to get the injured players back in the lineup and return to a high win rate. no team in the modern era can actually overcome the loss of multiple key players.

Well duh, but I didn't want to get into that argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

We're an above average team that becomes average with our #1D out. Good thing we are about to play 2 bad teams. I would rather Vlasic heal up than risk a more serious injury against non-factors like EDM and CGY.

Juxtaposer

Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
We're an above average team that becomes average with our #1D out. Good thing we are about to play 2 bad teams. I would rather Vlasic heal up than risk a more serious injury against non-factors like EDM and CGY.

Edmonton is playing pretty damn well lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad