Injury Report: Logan Couture on Crutches with Boot (Update: Broken Fibula) - 10/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Losing him for this time has made me realize just how important he is to the team. Although we've now got our feet under us again, it'll be great to have Couture back. Even if he's placed in the "3rd line" centre spot for the time being, he's going to have a huge impact on the team.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'd say between Dec 2-8 he'll return. That's ny unprofessional diagnosis.

I'm hoping for December 4 in Anaheim. They're 7-8 without Couture so I think they've done about as well as I expected them to when it happened. They end up .500 or so with him out and they will be fine going forward. Still a lot of season left.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm hoping for December 4 in Anaheim. They're 7-8 without Couture so I think they've done about as well as I expected them to when it happened. They end up .500 or so with him out and they will be fine going forward. Still a lot of season left.

If the Sharks can manage to play .500 hockey for 6-8 weeks without Logan, I'll be fairly impressed. I can't emphasize enough how much his presence trickles goodness down the lineup. The 2nd line looks pretty bad now that Hertl was moved away from it and the 3rd line was pure trash without Hertl as well. And, having Logan back will push Haley out of the lineup.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If the Sharks can manage to play .500 hockey for 6-8 weeks without Logan, I'll be fairly impressed. I can't emphasize enough how much his presence trickles goodness down the lineup. The 2nd line looks pretty bad now that Hertl was moved away from it and the 3rd line was pure trash without Hertl as well. And, having Logan back will push Haley out of the lineup.

Karlsson-Thornton-Pavelski
Marleau-Couture-Ward
Donskoi-Hertl-Wingels
Nieto-Tierney-Smith ideally

They're 23 games away from getting Torres back in the lineup too. lol

It's a good forward group if everyone's there. Upgrade on Tennyson and they will at least have a shot against most teams in the playoffs.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I only count 6 wins. He was hurt before the Devils game as I have it. But since other injuries have gone away and we got Karlsson we are 5-3 in the last 8.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If he's ready by then I'll take it. If he isn't 100%, rest him a little longer. I wouldn't put it past Kesler, Perry or another one of their agitators to go after Couture's leg.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Except, you know, they'd be no where in the same universe production-wise as Abel, Howe, and Lindsay.

Haha those guys were making Ferrari's. I don't think a Camry or two would be entirely impossible though :P All three are top-9 players though, so I feel it would be more of a 3B while Tierney, Smith, Nieto seems more like a purely undersized 4th.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Here's what yahoo says: Player Note Tue, Nov 24
Logan Couture (fractured fibula) is still "a ways away" from returning to the lineup, according to coach Peter DeBoer.
Advice: The Sharks bench boss added that Couture, who resumed skating over the weekend, is making good progress. He hasn't played since Oct. 13 because of a fractured fibula.
More: Kevin Kurz on Twitter
(Rotoworld.com)

I wonder how long "a ways" is. Can't say I've been watching a lot of our games but he's definitely missed even after a successful road trip.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sounds like typical vague talk when it comes to Sharks injuries. Deboer has been shown the dw dvd's.

I wouldn't get my hopes up or down in any way over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad