Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Any news on this guy and his long offseason training?

Not much out there but someone snapped this shot
big-muscles-facebook.jpg

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Just took a look at his games played numbers since being drafted.

He's played a total of 177 regular season games in the 4 seasons since he was drafted, and has only played 26 playoff games. That's an average of about 50 games played over the last 4 seasons, including playoffs.

Compare that to another '98 like Batherson with 291 games over the same time frame and it shouldn't be shocking that Brown has spent two years developing in the AHL. Kid just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Hell even his World Juniors got cut short because of injury and he only ended up playing 3 games.

I think you have to be pretty happy about his production through his first two professional seasons given that he's spent about half of every year out with injury. Obviously hasn't developed as quickly as the Sens would have liked from an 11th overall pick, but that should be somewhat understandable given how much time he's missed.

Wouldn't count this kid out just yet. High end skill, playmaking and vision in a 6'6 frame. Could be something special if he matures as a player and remains healthy.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

AKA start busting your ass kid or you will have the same results as last year. (In the minors)

It’s not really up to him. He could be the 2ND best Center at camp (behind Norris)and may not even make the team with the guaranteed contracts a head of him. I’ll be shocked, but impressed if the Sens consider Brown-Norris as 1-2C combo if they are the best out of camp. Tierney is a lock for 3C (or one slot) and nobody wants the 4C minutes.

Reactions: jbeck5

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
It’s not really up to him. He could be the 2ND best Center at camp (behind Norris)and may not even make the team with the guaranteed contracts a head of him. I’ll be shocked, but impressed if the Sens consider Brown-Norris as 1-2C combo if they are the best out of camp. Tierney is a lock for 3C (or one slot) and nobody wants the 4C minutes.

Logan and Josh are killing it for me in NHL 21 as my one-two punch (2nd and 3rd in points) so much so that I have had to keep Stuetzle centering the 3rd line for the moment.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I’m starting to get the feeling Tierney and White are the centre locks this year and Norris and Brown will get rotated along with Anisimov at the 2 other spots. Out of all the prospects the most important “jumps” need to be from Brown and Batherson. If they solidify themselves the future will truly be bright.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I’m starting to get the feeling Tierney and White are the centre locks this year and Norris and Brown will get rotated along with Anisimov at the 2 other spots. Out of all the prospects the most important “jumps” need to be from Brown and Batherson. If they solidify themselves the future will truly be bright.

I don’t think there is much Tierney or White could do to lose any time at C at least through 20+ games.

White will get the 1C and CT will get a lot of the dzone coverage. The winner of Norris/Brown will prob get 2C and a decent winger like Brady or Dadonov. The loser gets relegated to 4C or more than likely the taxi squad / AHL group for 18+ min a night.

There isn’t really any competition at this camp.

1. the 2C

The rest are just battling for their order of getting called up. I feel bad for Brown, Norris is a stud and Brown’s probably as good/better than our other C’s.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Tierney is our #1 centre right now. Until a young player takes it from him he's our #1 C.

I know Sens fans don't like that and I certainly don't either (I've wanted Tierney gone since he arrived) but this is the sad reality of our C situation.

Reactions: bert

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Tierney is our #1 centre right now. Until a young player takes it from him he's our #1 C.

I know Sens fans don't like that and I certainly don't either (I've wanted Tierney gone since he arrived) but this is the sad reality of our C situation.
giphy.gif

Hopefully one of Galchenyuk, Norris, Stutzle or Logan Brown can step up and take that role. If Tierney is actually the number 1 center this season, this is going to be me.
giphy.gif

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

If Brown get a shot, plays to his ability and stays healthy then he’ll quickly bump tierney out.

It will be an interesting year if/when things get going.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If Brown get a shot, plays to his ability and stays healthy then he’ll quickly bump tierney out.

It will be an interesting year if/when things get going.

The problem is he isn’t going to get a shot. He’ll get a shot to battle vs Norris, that’s about it.

Maybe the Sens consider a hybrid 2C/4C roll split between Norris/Brown.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
The problem is he isn’t going to get a shot. He’ll get a shot to battle vs Norris, that’s about it.

He’ll get a shot. If he outplays the rest then he’ll be in.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He’ll get a shot. If he outplays the rest then he’ll be in.

Possible, and I’d certainly hope so. I can’t see DJ relegating CW TO 4RW early on. Tierney is easy to justify moving to LW but he probably is the forward (Center) he trusts the most defensively.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

He's played a total of 177 regular season games in the 4 seasons since he was drafted, and has only played 26 playoff games. That's an average of about 50 games played over the last 4 seasons, including playoffs.

Compare that to another '98 like Batherson with 291 games over the same time frame and it shouldn't be shocking that Brown has spent two years developing in the AHL. Kid just hasn't been able to stay healthy. Hell even his World Juniors got cut short because of injury and he only ended up playing 3 games.

I think you have to be pretty happy about his production through his first two professional seasons given that he's spent about half of every year out with injury. Obviously hasn't developed as quickly as the Sens would have liked from an 11th overall pick, but that should be somewhat understandable given how much time he's missed.

Wouldn't count this kid out just yet. High end skill, playmaking and vision in a 6'6 frame. Could be something special if he matures as a player and remains healthy.
Agree 100%.

I always said if you put a gun to my head and asked if I thing he would reach his potential or be a great top 6 center. I would say no. But I recognize a lot of that is my bias against his type of player. And I think that’s a bias a lot of fans are wrestling with right now. But even saying “no” I mean it’s sort of hard to hate on his development? He’s been great as a kid playing against men in the AHL. And has missed time like you say.

people need to relax on him. fans can hate his style. But his play in his first two years as a pro so far should at least stall the pitchforks for a little bit

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

That's all he should get. Tierney is a veteran centre, still young, with 400+ nhl games on gis resume.

Brown is 4 years on from his draft with a long history of not being able to stay healthy and not having a great compete level when he is.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Tkachuk-Brown-Dadanov

Its been said before. But if that line could click for real, it opens up so many interesting options for the rest of the lineup. And this team becomes much closer to becoming a legit one.

And like I said in other posts, the 2 Sens forwards that could really help Logan to "arrive" in the NHL are Brady and Daddy

Also, let's remember the last time he played a competitive hockey game he was still 21 years old

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

That has been my point, this guys deserves some slack because he still possesses what the Sens brass drafted him for. There is no questioning his skills and aptitude, but he has shown to be injury prone. Some questions his work ethic off the ice/off-season, so perhaps there is some correlation there. But those things are fixable.

I cannot recall Logan having any recurring issues, so that's a good thing. He has the necessary tools to contribute as a top-2 C for the Sens, the question is if he is ready to be a consistent 2C NHL centre. Logan needs to stay healthy, keep a higher work rate, and take the Hoffman/Nick Paul route of being groomed until he is ready to produce as an NHL regular.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad