Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Listen to Trent Manns interview on TSN 1200 this morning. Did anyone else notice/find it weird that Trent didn't mention anything about Logan Brown when he was talking about Ottawa center depth going forward?

I didn't hear the interview

But I have heard Mann say that Norris is more NHL ready (and Formenton for that matter)

We've got guys with NHL centre experience. We've got a guy in White looking for a bounce back year. We got a 3OA coming.

Logan needs to get his ass in gear or an NHL career will pass him buy

Reactions: NB613 and GCK

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
I didn't hear the interview

But I have heard Mann say that Norris is more NHL ready (and Formenton for that matter)

We've got guys with NHL centre experience. We've got a guy in White looking for a bounce back year. We got a 3OA coming.

Logan needs to get his ass in gear or an NHL career will pass him buy
Different Mann said that I believe

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Brown needs more time in the AHL. Also needs to work on his compete level from shift to shift.

Problem is Logan thinks he's a full time NHL er and he's simply not ready.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Brown needs more time in the AHL. Also needs to work on his compete level from shift to shift.

Problem is Logan thinks he's a full time NHL er and he's simply not ready.

I think he's a full time NHLer. He looked like our best center last year in the NHL with a very limited role and on a short leash.

And if he was given our best wingers and #1PP time, he he would do better than any other center on our roster would do in the same position. And we would win slightly more games (definitley no less) than not if he wasn't that guy.

At very least give him 20 or 30 games to try it out next season. Work the hell out of him in practice and spend one on one time with him. Do video coaching. Even bench him a couple shifts a time if need be instead of full periods or games....

Point being is that we must try harder to develop a player that could be a game changer for us. Do whatever it takes until he makes it or breaks completely and have no one asking what could have been. We have nothing to lose right now.

Last edited:

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I think he's a full time NHLer. He looked like our best center last year in the NHL with a very limited role and short leash.

And if he was given our best wingers and #1PP time, he he would do better than any other center on our roster would in the same position. And we would win slightly more games (definitley no less) than not if he wasn't that guy.

At very least give him 20 or 30 games to try it out next season. Work the hell out of him in practice and spend one on one time with him. Do video coaching. Even bench him a couple shifts a time if need be instead of full periods or games....

Point being is that we must try harder to develop a player that could be a game changer for us. Do whatever it takes until he makes it or breaks completely and have no one asking what could have been. We have nothing to lose right now.
His most common wingers were Brady and Duclair which are the best wingers on the team. All the talent is there, the guy needs to work on his skating a lot. Who’s the Sens skating coach anyways? Did they let go of Marc Powers

Reactions: NB613

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I think he's a full time NHLer. He looked like our best center last year in the NHL with a very limited role and on a short leash.

And if he was given our best wingers and #1PP time, he he would do better than any other center on our roster would do in the same position. And we would win slightly more games (definitley no less) than not if he wasn't that guy.

He got 23 games last year

Somewhere between pace and compete they decided he needed to go down. Skill is not the issue.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
His most common wingers were Brady and Duclair which are the best wingers on the team. All the talent is there, the guy needs to work on his skating a lot. Who’s the Sens skating coach anyways? Did they let go of Marc Powers

Shelley Kettles is the skating coach

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I thought Brown was good in the top-6 last year, problem was he got injured (shocker) and when he came back he was given bottom-6 minutes; I feel it’s top-6 or bust for Brown.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I’m worried were dumping him ...
Same. Mann didn't even mention him the other day when talking about centre depth... I think it'd be crazy to deal him right now. Unless its in a package for a big name guy, why would they trade him now? They really need to give him this year first.

Same age as Drake and has produced similarly, not sure why so many call him a bust. They'll both be household names halfway through the year, and hopefully long-term fixtures on our scoring line. They need to play together.

Logan's biggest question mark is his health. If he plays at least 65 games, he'll prove many wrong.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Same. Mann didn't even mention him the other day when talking about centre depth... I think it'd be crazy to deal him right now. Unless its in a package for a big name guy, why would they trade him now? They really need to give him this year first.

Same age as Drake and has produced similarly, not sure why so many call him a bust. They'll both be household names halfway through the year, and hopefully long-term fixtures on our scoring line. They need to play together.

Logan's biggest question mark is his health. If he plays at least 65 games, he'll prove many wrong.

I feel the same. But maybe there's more to it than on-ice performance. Some coaches try to foster a certain culture in their locker room, and they like certain personalities over others. (I have no insight or opinion into any of our prospects' personalities, btw. Just saying sometimes it's not just the numbers or the back-checking.)

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

I disagree with your last statement but you make some good points previous to that.

I think Logan needs more time to mature and grow his game in the AHL. The AHL doesn't hurt a players development but weve seen time and again the NHL can.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We know he's not an NHL player because he couldn't make the Edmonton Oilers when they were not a playoff team even though they could have used a very good RWer to play with McDavid & Draisaitl. He couldn't beat out another big useless RWer Chiasson (6'4"). Kassian a big 4th liner who I would take, but most people wouldn't want on their team is playing over him. If we are going to trade an actual NHL player for him trade Reilly or one of the prospects who have no chance to make the NHL like Tychonick for him.

A similar type of argument could be made regarding Logan Brown making the Ottawa Senator’s roster given the lack of quality first and second line Centers. However, I still prefer to keep Logan as he has shown development progress in the AHL. :)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'm pretty excited to see what Brown can do this year (if/when it happens)

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Just give him the year in the NHL. If he can’t handle it then look to move on, but I don’t see another year in the minors doing anything for him.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad