Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
No need to get so mad about it....Brown hasnt done enough to warrant a call up,injuries have been part of it for sure...But he was at training camp wasnt he???And he failed to win a job ...Anisimov,Stephan etc etc were the only roadblocks in his way...Yet he didnt beat them out in fact we watched Norris a even younger prospect go right past him
He was at camp and the only scrimmage people got to see had Brown on the winning side producing against the NHL team. Lol.

Does anyone actually believe he didn't out play Stepan and Anisimov? That's insanity.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
imagine shipping off Brown, Balcers, Chlapik, Jaros and Lajoe for next to nothing ; and letting Wolanin rot with no place to get in any games... If I'm a young player .. this is the place I'd want to be.

While I agree to degree and getting a return would have been nice, what have the guys in bold done that has been significant with other NHL organizations?

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
So you don't count 25 games of AHL but want to count 5 games of AHL?

You say the organization wants Brown to play to develop but they did exactly the opposite of that for months here by sticking him on an inactive roster. Its insanity and you're talking bullshit just like the muppets running the team.

You seem to be insinuating that 25 games means Brown has passed the AHL, it's over, let's start his NHL career.
The 5 game homestand is to earn a call up to get a 2nd chance to earn a spot in the lineup after he failed to impress during training camp.

It wasn't "months". He failed to make the team out of camp, where did you expect him to end up?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You seem to be insinuating that 25 games means Brown has passed the AHL, it's over, let's start his NHL career.
The 5 game homestand is to earn a call up to get a 2nd chance to earn a spot in the lineup after he failed to impress during training camp.

It wasn't "months". He failed to make the team out of camp, where did you expect him to end up?
Did he "fail to impress" like Colin White did? Like Zub did?

And yes, the AHL is a total waste of time for Brown, especially with the gong show of a team Mann and Dorion have assembled.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
While I agree to degree and getting a return would have been nice, what have the guys in bold done that has been significant with other NHL organizations?
Balcers ppg is similar to some very hyped players on our team.

what have the guys that we moved these players out for done for THIS organization

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I love this narrative that the Sens are holding Logan down when they've given almost every other prominent prospect in the organization a chance to play substantial minutes in the NHL this season. What a bizarre conclusion to reach considering what we've seen this year.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Where? When did they say this?
Really?? Go look for yourself ,any question that has been posed about Logan Brown has ended with exactly how I posted it...You thinking otherwise,especially about me has me a bit disturbed...We have had some great conversations over the years ,and I have never lied to you

Reactions: coladin

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site

And yes, the AHL is a total waste of time for Brown, especially with the gong show of a team Mann and Dorion have assembled.

Yes, exactly like they did. Part of that may have been the lack of a preseason. It's not easy to evaluate players when you don't get to see them playing under pressure in all situations.

Every year the worst teams draft the best prospects. Those prospects are expected to developed with their teams, become leaders and be key players in turning their fortunes around. This is Logan Brown's 3rd year in the AHL, he needs to be their Joe Thornton... for his sake and Belleville's.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
when he breaks out on another team a lot of posters in this thread are going to look pretty stupid.

when you have scrubs like haley, peca and anisimov making the team and not brown the problem is with the idiot management

Reactions: HSF

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
when he breaks out on another team a lot of posters in this thread are going to look pretty stupid.

when you have scrubs like haley, peca and anisimov making the team and not brown the problem is with the idiot management
And what if he doesnt???Nobody here wants him to fail,people seem to forget this....As for the scrub vets that he may or may not have beaten ...Was he auditioning for the role of 4th line depth player??Or was it top 9 center???Ask yourself if he was better than Tierney,White or Norris???

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site

The taxi squad is not the "team". It's a pro-bench. Do you see other organizations letting their prospects waste away on the taxi squad?

Heck, have you not heard the commentary during games about why Daccord was playing lots of games in the ECHL rather than sit on the bench in the AHL? Same principle.

Reactions: topshelf15

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Brown has barely played at all in a calendar year. The organization already said that they want him to have some AHL games under his belt this year and then they'll re-assess. Seems fairly straight forward at this point.

Reactions: GCK and topshelf15

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Lol not sure what choice Mann had? Dorion trades 2 of his top 4 d for sub par forwards. And every graduated. His first line wing has gone to Finland.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Brown will get his shot,but if doesnt preform what do we do with him???Continue to have these long winded arguements??Bash the team for moving on??Leave him in the AHL for another full season??

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The taxi squad is not the "team". It's a pro-bench. Do you see other organizations letting their prospects waste away on the taxi squad?

Heck, have you not heard the commentary during games about why Daccord was playing lots of games in the ECHL rather than sit on the bench in the AHL? Same principle.
Literally most teams are. Zegras on Anaheim's taxi squad. Romonov has been on the Montreal squad a bunch. Bellows is on the NYI squad. LA is almost exclusively prospects. Middelstadt on BuF.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Lol not sure what choice Mann had? Dorion trades 2 of his top 4 d for sub par forwards. And every graduated. His first line wing has gone to Finland.
Sure, if you wanna give Mann a pass, that's fine. I think he should have advocated for some of his vets to keep them around but it does ultimately fall on Dorion.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Literally most teams are. Zegras on Anaheim's taxi squad. Romonov has been on the Montreal squad a bunch. Bellows is on the NYI squad. LA is almost exclusively prospects.
Both team also have their fair share of veterans ,we dont have that luxury...Again Brown isnt gaining anything on the taxi squad ,and isnt being developed to be a bottom 6 player...He is a top 6 center prospect,and isnt better or wasnt better than Tierney,White or Norris...I dont want him here playing on the 4th line do you??

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Sure, if you wanna give Mann a pass, that's fine. I think he should have advocated for some of his vets to keep them around but it does ultimately fall on Dorion.
But yeah I’m not sure what brown will be able to get done. Like he’s a good player. But he’s not some juggernaut that can put up points with plugs on either side of him

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
And what if he doesnt???Nobody here wants him to fail,people seem to forget this....As for the scrub vets that he may or may not have beaten ...Was he auditioning for the role of 4th line depth player??Or was it top 9 center???Ask yourself if he was better than Tierney,White or Norris???

White was pretty garbage for the first 10 games. Tierny has always been meh. Norris is the only one who I think was better than him but for sure he was better than the other 2 at camp based on their play at the start of the season.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

All the guys he mentioned have gotten multiple games with the NHL team. We've put Brown on the Taxi squad twice this year only to send him back to belleville without a game.

So, yes, Peca, Haley and Anisimov all made the team at one point or another.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
Literally most teams are. Zegras on Anaheim's taxi squad. Romonov has been on the Montreal squad a bunch. Bellows is on the NYI squad. LA is almost exclusively prospects. Middelstadt on BuF.

Zegras is 9th in AHL scoring. He's not on the taxi squad.
Romanov has played 20 games for Montreal. He's on the team.

Most teams are putting expendable players on the taxi squad, all for the same reason.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
White was pretty garbage for the first 10 games. Tierny has always been meh. Norris is the only one who I think was better than him but for sure he was better than the other 2 at camp based on their play at the start of the season.
And that is fair,but in reality White looks to be a 3rd line center...While Tierney the most obvious on the list looks like a tweener,however he does have a 45 point season he is coming off and can PK ...But for sure there is a job open for Brown in the top 6 if he can better Tierney...Norris looks like he is moving forward at a normal pace for a young t6 center and should improve...

So while I would love for him to come and take a job ,I certainly dont want him not playing games and working towards his and the team,s goal of putting him in the top 6 where his skill set dictates he belongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad