Prospect Info: Logan Brown (C) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The thing is Brown has done all these things but he's not being given an opportunity like those guys. Pretty simple. Batherson is the perfect example. He came up, struggled to produce but they didn't just bury him, they let him play through it and it helped him tremendously having that consistency to get used to the speed of the NHL and now be a very productive player.

Same thing happened with Norris. Norris had a pretty rough stretch after a hot start here this year. He's starting to look better, and getting more engaged.

Just do the same thing with Brown as you did with these two.
Ask the Sens development staff about Drake, Norris and Brown this off season. They would meet most prospects weekly (virtually). Norris and Drake were completely committed to the Sens off-season program. Brown was fully committed to the Jeff Brown program. This is not to say that Brown didn’t work hard, I’m sure he did but it’s on his own program. Fitness has been an issue with Brown and some of that is due to his being such a big man. All this to say, earning your chance means more than just having some good runs in the NHL. Mann having some good things to say about Brown this week seems positive since he telegraphs what is likely to happen with call ups.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
sorry if that is too long for you.

I just don't spend too much time looking backwards, especially when the future is promising. People have the magnifying glass on a little tight around here lately, and maybe need to zoom out, get a proper perspective instead of pining over every bloody detail. I understand that for some that is how they "enjoy" following their team. This is a dumb, warped season and I am just looking at development, which I think everyone can agree that it is finally revving up

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I imagine if Norris and Batherson were in the AHL it would be complete domination. With every passing day I doubt we ever see Brown in a Sens jersey. He’s not on a conditioning stint that’s all just lip service - if he’s not in good enough condition and ready to play in the NHL today he has some issues. The Sens put Zub into the lineup
Without any games and 1.5 years away from hockey. A player they had never seen before - but Brown isn’t ready. As Joe Biden would say “C’mon man”

Hoping there is value there - just need a team to love him like Calgary did with Lazar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad